Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Sage Wall" in Montana

I just stumbled onto this in a youtube video today. Thought it strange that UM didnt seem to have a thread for this.

https://sagemountain.org/

https://sagemountain.org/sage-wall-and-trails/

In 1996 while hiking around the property one day we discovered “The Sage Wall”. The Wall is a 275’ long x 24’ high jaw-dropping marvel. 

IMG-9434-1030x773.jpg

Im pretty sure this is natural, given location, context of surrounding area, and just looking at the wall, but thoughts, and opinions may vary.

There area videos on youtube showing what appear to be circular depressions, which, IMHO, might be of Native American origin as grinding bowls. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I just stumbled onto this in a youtube video today. Thought it strange that UM didnt seem to have a thread for this.

https://sagemountain.org/

https://sagemountain.org/sage-wall-and-trails/

IMG-9434-1030x773.jpg

Im pretty sure this is natural, given location, context of surrounding area, and just looking at the wall, but thoughts, and opinions may vary.

There area videos on youtube showing what appear to be circular depressions, which, IMHO, might be of Native American origin as grinding bowls. 

It's natural. It's a lava dike.

But the Graham Hancock nutters are calling it a "mammoth run". 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

IMG_0202.jpeg

• Haha 7

The biggest and heaviest stones look to be where a manmade wall would be, the bottom and the smaller ones on top. Doesn’t look natural. 

12 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

IMG_0202.jpeg

No.

It is a LOT...... more Crazy ....than  everyday ordinary  garden variety ....Aliens.

This . They think is a petrified giant Eagle

Picture

Source

More madness explained Video of Chief lunatic with spooky explanation

Picture

• Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

The biggest and heaviest stones look to be where a manmade wall would be, the bottom and the smaller ones on top. Doesn’t look natural. 

LOL!

Note the 90 degree angles (Claimed at 3.32 already timestamped ready for your viewing pleasure

Do you need or wish to  see a real Geologists report about the site? Or are you just trollin' ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It's a nice dike.

They can be pretty spectacular.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Doc Socks Junior said:

It's a nice dike.

They can be pretty spectacular.

Goddammit I just tagged you. 

It's a beautiful dike.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Sheesh. Does anyone actually read the ops links before jumping to conclusions? Both links are travel ads. Nothing less, and nothing more.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, NedK said:

No.

It is a LOT...... more Crazy ....than  everyday ordinary  garden variety ....Aliens.

Picture

Source

Picture

These pics have nothing to do with the op's links. They're travelogs they aren't claiming anything. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, NedK said:

No.

Picture

Source

Picture

Jesus Christ.....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Goddammit I just tagged you. 

It's a beautiful dike.

Gotta move fast to stay in front of me.

I tend to prefer the basaltic ones myself, but this has the nice, rounded appeal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

Gotta move fast to stay in front of me.

I tend to prefer the basaltic ones myself, but this has the nice, rounded appeal.

The intrusive ones do look cool. Some almost organic. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Piney said:

Jesus Christ.....

The stupid is making my eyes hurt.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have the devil's own time trying to upload things here, but here's another wall from Oregon. It is a little uncanny coming up to them in the middle of nowhere. Even when one knows what one is looking at. The one in Montana is even more fun because it has that nice, rounded aspect. This mafic type can get fun little hexagon shells on the outside, though. One can see a hint of it to the left side.

image.png.ef01372cce39c8daef07ea6f22d2905a.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, NedK said:

LOL!

Note the 90 degree angles (Claimed at 3.32 already timestamped ready for your viewing pleasure

Do you need or wish to  see a real Geologists report about the site? Or are you just trollin' ?

Nah not yet. But do hang on to the geological report of yours, just in case I wanna delve deeper into Sage Wall. In the mean time at first glance it looks like a wall. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

I have the devil's own time trying to upload things here, but here's another wall from Oregon. It is a little uncanny coming up to them in the middle of nowhere. Even when one knows what one is looking at. The one in Montana is even more fun because it has that nice, rounded aspect. This mafic type can get fun little hexagon shells on the outside, though. One can see a hint of it to the left side.

Do you have any pics from Arcadia? 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, NedK said:

No.

Picture

Source

Picture

IMG_0846.jpeg

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

These are places that metal detectorists (like me😁) drool over. It's an easy land mark for people in the past to hide valuables in.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

IMG_0846.jpeg

I remember this episode. I found it  "fascinating".🖖

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Piney said:

Do you have any pics from Arcadia? 

I've never been, sadly. I've got somewhat equivalent pics of mafic dikes in granite from other places, but haven't been that way yet.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

These are places that metal detectorists (like me😁) drool over. It's an easy land mark for people in the past to hide valuables in.

Old school geocaching, eh?

• Like 3

Just now, Doc Socks Junior said:

Old school geocaching, eh?

Yeah. That and hiding plundered goods, and tax money. 💰 

• Like 4