Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bison and Horses


Bendy Demon

Recommended Posts

In this dream I am..somewhere, in a house..someone, I think my dad, told me to come out and see something so I went out onto the deck (house was apparently two stories) and looked down at the tall grasses below to see a small herd of Bison walking through, even a few horses were mingling with them though, as horse tend to do, a couple wandered off in another direction (probably seen some tasty grass or something..I don't know) and I exclaimed "Wow..Buffalo!" (actually Bison but it is a dream so who cares at this point)

Maybe it was just a dream but I have never dreamt of Bison before and rarely horses so it was unusual for me at least.

 

P.S: I am well aware that some, if not most, don't care and/or think I am being stupid or wasting time for posting so please, I humbly request that you refrain from harassing me over it and if it truly offends anyone then please take it up with a moderator :)

Thanks

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

I sometimes wonder if dreams are what our conscious has stored in our daily lives. And we dream about it in a strange way while we sleep.

I sometimes dream about being in a local town. Even though I feel it's that particular town, it doesn't look like it in reality. :unsure:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hawken said:

I sometimes wonder if dreams are what our conscious has stored in our daily lives. And we dream about it in a strange way while we sleep.

I sometimes dream about being in a local town. Even though I feel it's that particular town, it doesn't look like it in reality. :unsure:

I have had a similar experience of dreaming I am in a certain town and had dreamed of this town a few times even though I never was there in real life nor do I know if it even exists. I don't know..

But dreaming about certain things that one doesn't normally dream about is interesting to me.

I could chalk it up to seeing Bison on T.V for example but I do not recall seeing anything like that or horses really but then again...memories of something I seen years and perhaps decades ago are still there and needed the right trigger to resurface.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a dream about my grandmother who passed 50 years ago. That's the first time I recall dreaming about her.

Maybe she surfaced in a dream when I was thinking about her homemade tomatoe juice she made for us kids.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bendy Demon said:

In this dream I am..somewhere, in a house..someone, I think my dad, told me to come out and see something so I went out onto the deck (house was apparently two stories) and looked down at the tall grasses below to see a small herd of Bison walking through, even a few horses were mingling with them though, as horse tend to do, a couple wandered off in another direction (probably seen some tasty grass or something..I don't know) and I exclaimed "Wow..Buffalo!" (actually Bison but it is a dream so who cares at this point)

Maybe it was just a dream but I have never dreamt of Bison before and rarely horses so it was unusual for me at least.

 

P.S: I am well aware that some, if not most, don't care and/or think I am being stupid or wasting time for posting so please, I humbly request that you refrain from harassing me over it and if it truly offends anyone then please take it up with a moderator :)

Thanks

Have you looked up the bison in a dream dictionary to see if it relates to you?   There must be an archetype of bison and of horses that is common for most people.   Also, what meaning to bison and horses have for you?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Have you looked up the bison in a dream dictionary to see if it relates to you?   There must be an archetype of bison and of horses that is common for most people.   Also, what meaning to bison and horses have for you?

Yes, I have looked it up and will do more research because I am unsure of the definition really. Of course these general definitions may not mean the same thing for everyone.

As for myself, horses are ok as are Bison but they don't really hold any particular meaning to me which is why I find dreaming of them to be odd as I never have dreamed of Bison and only rarely of horses.

Could be something or most likely could be nothing. I don't really know. Yet.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I've been having dreams lately of people I've never met or seen before. Confusing. 

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

I've been having dreams lately of people I've never met or seen before. Confusing. 

Some 'experts' claim that the people we see in dreams are actually recollections of people we already met at some point but have forgotten; the rationale is that the brain cannot create a face on its own. Supposedly.

But just for a moment consider this angle, what if the unknown faces we see in dreams are a sort of contact made in the dream world. What I mean is that what if the realm we call the 'dream world' may actually serve as a junction between our world, the 'spirit realm' or even another world/dimension/realm?

I know, far-fetched and ridiculous but..what if?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bendy Demon said:

Some 'experts' claim that the people we see in dreams are actually recollections of people we already met at some point but have forgotten; the rationale is that the brain cannot create a face on its own. Supposedly.

But just for a moment consider this angle, what if the unknown faces we see in dreams are a sort of contact made in the dream world. What I mean is that what if the realm we call the 'dream world' may actually serve as a junction between our world, the 'spirit realm' or even another world/dimension/realm?

I know, far-fetched and ridiculous but..what if?

Or possibly people from past lives?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Or possibly people from past lives?

Yes..that is entirely possible too.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2024 at 8:09 PM, Bendy Demon said:

Yes, I have looked it up and will do more research because I am unsure of the definition really. Of course these general definitions may not mean the same thing for everyone.

As for myself, horses are ok as are Bison but they don't really hold any particular meaning to me which is why I find dreaming of them to be odd as I never have dreamed of Bison and only rarely of horses.

Could be something or most likely could be nothing. I don't really know. Yet.

url(147).jpg.834395492276bf99c473a656974e26e1.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Abramelin said:

url(147).jpg.834395492276bf99c473a656974e26e1.jpg

Cool image :)

But I am not sure my dream was pertaining to hunting though one could really pack a freezer for a few years with bison meat!

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
31 minutes ago, Bendy Demon said:

Cool image :)

But I am not sure my dream was pertaining to hunting though one could really pack a freezer for a few years with bison meat!

It's the very first thing I had to think of when I read your post.

But where else did bison and horses meet?

Right.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2024 at 8:49 PM, Hankenhunter said:

I've been having dreams lately of people I've never met or seen before. Confusing. 

I've had them since I was a teen. Also places I've never been to. 

But they are all current. None in the past or future. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/24/2024 at 1:44 AM, Bendy Demon said:

In this dream I am..somewhere, in a house..someone, I think my dad, told me to come out and see something so I went out onto the deck (house was apparently two stories) and looked down at the tall grasses below to see a small herd of Bison walking through, even a few horses were mingling with them though, as horse tend to do, a couple wandered off in another direction (probably seen some tasty grass or something..I don't know) and I exclaimed "Wow..Buffalo!" (actually Bison but it is a dream so who cares at this point)

Maybe it was just a dream but I have never dreamt of Bison before and rarely horses so it was unusual for me at least.

 

P.S: I am well aware that some, if not most, don't care and/or think I am being stupid or wasting time for posting so please, I humbly request that you refrain from harassing me over it and if it truly offends anyone then please take it up with a moderator :)

Thanks

I have had the small number of reoccurring dreams all my life and they continue to this very day. They are set in the past and they never really change, but they do move forward until I am killed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.