Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

One million under flood warnings as heavy rain hits US Midwest


Eldorado

Recommended Posts

More than a million people are under flood warnings in the upper US Midwest on Sunday after days of heavy rain that forced evacuations and rescues in several states.

The hardest hit have been Iowa and South Dakota, where some rivers are expected to reach record-high levels over the next few days.

Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds called the floods “catastrophic” and has declared a state of disaster in 21 counties.

Drone footage posted by regional officials show homes and buildings almost completely submerged, with only rooftops visible.

Other states under weekend flood warnings include Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin and parts of Illinois.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c6ppp4z85y0o

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Right now in the Mid-Atlantic east coast, we are under a severe thunderstorm watch for tonight with high winds and dangerous lightening and possible tornados through 11:00 tonight. New England is also under a tornado watch, which is really unusual.

New Jersey has theirs posted online.

10 N.J. counties under a severe thunderstorm watch until Sunday night - nj.com

Tornado watch issued for Boston, most of Mass. and New England

This is my area. I don't know why it says 75 F at this time because it is far hotter than that. Must be an error. My phone says 88 F here right now.

StormTracker 6 | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware Weather Forecast and Live Radar - 6abc Philadelphia

This heat is expected to continue into July.

Heat wave scorches US East Coast as dangerous temperatures expand to West (msn.com)

Baltimore and Philadelphia are forecast to touch records near 100 degrees Fahrenheit (38 degrees Celsius) on Sunday, while temperatures rise into the 90s F in states like Idaho, Montana and Wyoming, as much as 15 degrees above normal for this time of year. The extreme heat will then shift to Nebraska and Kansas on Monday, the National Weather Service (NWS) said.

Officials are warning of dangerous conditions in the Philadelphia region where high humidity could drive heat indices above 105 F (41 C), making it feel even hotter than the actual temperature.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, susieice said:

Right now in the Mid-Atlantic east coast, we are under a severe thunderstorm watch for tonight with high winds and dangerous lightening and possible tornados through 11:00 tonight. New England is also under a tornado watch, which is really unusual.

New Jersey has theirs posted online.

10 N.J. counties under a severe thunderstorm watch until Sunday night - nj.com

Tornado watch issued for Boston, most of Mass. and New England

This is my area. I don't know why it says 75 F at this time because it is far hotter than that. Must be an error. My phone says 88 F here right now.

StormTracker 6 | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware Weather Forecast and Live Radar - 6abc Philadelphia

This heat is expected to continue into July.

Heat wave scorches US East Coast as dangerous temperatures expand to West (msn.com)

Baltimore and Philadelphia are forecast to touch records near 100 degrees Fahrenheit (38 degrees Celsius) on Sunday, while temperatures rise into the 90s F in states like Idaho, Montana and Wyoming, as much as 15 degrees above normal for this time of year. The extreme heat will then shift to Nebraska and Kansas on Monday, the National Weather Service (NWS) said.

Officials are warning of dangerous conditions in the Philadelphia region where high humidity could drive heat indices above 105 F (41 C), making it feel even hotter than the actual temperature.

We got nailed and the cats and I slept through it. 😬

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Piney Last night we got a downpour that lasted about 5 minutes and that was it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, susieice said:

@Piney Last night we got a downpour that lasted about 5 minutes and that was it.

I saw the washout in my driveway but my mother-in-law said we had some decent winds here and lots of thunder and lightning to

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was looking at this topic with like 11 states listed. 

I'm waiting for the "no global warming...nothin' to see here" crowd. 

Since polar bears apparently don't need ice. Lol. 

*facepalm*

How long they gonna keep up this charade?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Piney said:

I saw the washout in my driveway but my mother-in-law said we had some decent winds here and lots of thunder and lightning to

The heat wave officially broke today and humidity has dropped to around 50% but the 90s are back for Tuesday and Wednesday. So it officially lasted for 6 days.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.