Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Talking to God

Guyver

After all, it is Sunday, why not talk about talking to God?  Many people do it, especially on Sundays.  I’m sure many people who do go to church, even if only twice a year, if you asked them what they did today, they would tell you they went to church on Sunday.  They would not say, I went to talk to God, they just say, I went to church. Why?  Because many other types of people think it’s crazy to talk to God.

Yet, human beings have evolved quite nicely to completely dominate this planet, and believing in gods is quite natural among nearly every culture we know of….so, maybe it’s actually good and has a survival benefit.

What do you think about talking to God on a personal or religious basis?

I know some people have claimed they call out to God just before they think they are going to die, and I have done that myself, on more than one occasion.

• Like 3

Do you talk to God?  Do you think it helps?

I used to talk to God a lot.  I would talk to him everyday, because I believed he existed and he heard my prayers.  That was a long time ago.  I don’t really talk to God that much any more, because I don’t see the point in it.  What is going to be is what will be. IMHO.

• Like 1

BTW, on a totally unrelated topic, my wife is going in for a colonoscopy tomorrow, so…I have been trying to be a real support!  I’ve been sending joke memes and saying things like, “I hope everything comes out ok.” 

• Like 3

Well, this thread may be a dud, but I just observed another perfect rocket launch from Vandenberg and chased a skunk out of my backyard. So, anyway.

10 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Well, this thread may be a dud, but I just observed another perfect rocket launch from Vandenberg and chased a skunk out of my backyard. So, anyway.

I think the intent was admirable, sometimes it’s when you start the thread not the content of the thread.:yes:

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I think the intent was admirable, sometimes it’s when you start the thread not the content of the thread.:yes:

Thank you.  Thinking of it now, I’d rather read this than, six more people killed, another fricken shooter out there killing people.  Sigh.  What are we supposed to say about it?  We pray about it?  There’s nothing we can do.  These crazy aholes keep shooting people damn it.  

• Like 2

You can pray all day long about people not shooting people, but people are gonna keep shooting people regardless.  Do you know why?  It’s because there’s a lot of weak and stupid people in the world, and they are so dumb, that they can’t find a better solution to their problems besides killing other people.

I have a suggestion.  Why not just kill yourself, and don’t kill anyone else?  Seriously, I mean, you know you are a psycho and you’re gonna go kill people and yourself…why not just kill yourself and spare the rest of us the trouble? I know why, it’s because these psychopathic killers are narcissists.  

• Like 2

These shooters only think of themselves, they don’t think of others or care about the damage they cause.  They are evil, people can be and are evil and it really sucks.

• Like 2

So, go talk to God about that and stop people from being evil.

Just now, Guyver said:

These shooters only think of themselves, they don’t think of others or care about the damage they cause.  They are evil, people can be and are evil and it really sucks.

I think it is more desperation. 'Nobody sees me' or something like that? So now we notice and talk about them. That just makes it more tragic, right? So many isolated people on the sidelines of society...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you want to save the world like Ghandi or Jesus, that is.

Just now, MrsGently said:

I think it is more desperation. 'Nobody sees me' or something like that? So now we notice and talk about them. That just makes it more tragic, right? So many isolated people on the sidelines of society...

OMG thank God you came in.  I was just about to go off the rails.

• Haha 3

Just now, Guyver said:

...  I was just about to go off the rails.

lol please do anyways. Let's rant! Darn humanity!!! Nothing but insane monkeys with firesticks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m getting ripped like a tater chip right now to be honest.  Just having a good time, playing some drums, guitar and vocals, just trying to find something good in this world of people who just have to shoot other people for no damn good reason.  Just fill up the penitentiaries and let all the tax payers work for your worthless ass.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, MrsGently said:

lol please do anyways. Let's rant! Darn humanity!!! Nothing but insane monkeys with firesticks!

b*******!  They are so dumb!

• Like 2

Pretty soon it’s gonna be….let’s take away all the guns…then they will send in robots.  We are doomed.

Just now, Guyver said:

b*******!  They are so dumb!

exactly. What we have to deal with, right? This mess...

I came to the realisation when I had the third person killing themself by jumping in front of a train on my shift. That is the biggest issue of society 'see me see me' but they themself hide until it is too late.

Go out and hug somebody today

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Guyver said:

Pretty soon it’s gonna be….let’s take away all the guns…then they will send in robots.  We are doomed.

No we will ascend. One day at a time, one human at a time.

2 minutes ago, Guyver said:

It really does suck, but praying will not change anything. There is nothing wrong with having faith in a higher power imagined or real. It’s all about gathering strength to face another day, and if God is the faith one chooses cool. Spiritual and the strength that goes with it is all one needs, I believe that it can come from within. I don’t like the terms evil and good, I like the terms moral - immoral.

JIMHO

• Like 4

To a wise master, a weapon is for preserving life, not uselessly wasting it.  Did you know that Native Americans would hunt deer and elk, and buffalo with a bow and arrow, and when they had slain their prey they thanked the spirits of the animal for the gift of their life.  Not us, we just kill everything. It is embarrassing ignorance on a high level. Every human should be forced to watch “Kung Fu” and “Old Yeller” from the seventies just to see if they are fit for society, IMO.  If they don’t cry when old Yeller dies, kill ‘em.  Lol. JK.  Identify them.  Then you run Kung Fu, and if a person cannot learn from that, they cannot learn.  They should be killed.  Well, not killed, unless we want to go full Sparta…, which thinking about it now…why not?  Burn this sum biotch down.  Come on Black Hole Sun, take us out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

So were're talking about God? The guy that almost whiped out the human race, coz he was displeased? The guy that practically killed his own son, to pay for mistakes he himself made up? The guy who will send you to eternal torment if you don't comply? Oh yeah, nice fella.... 🙄

Edited by zep73
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, MrsGently said:

exactly. What we have to deal with, right? This mess...

I came to the realisation when I had the third person killing themself by jumping in front of a train on my shift. That is the biggest issue of society 'see me see me' but they themself hide until it is too late.

Go out and hug somebody today

So right.  Hug someone and tell them that you love them while you can.  Cause, pretty soon they may be just out doing whatever with their friends and/ or family, or even if they are just out by themselves…some ahole has to shoot them?  WTF?  It’s just one of the examples of the many problems we have in the world, but this one bothers me because I am an American, and I believe in my God given right to bear arms.  But, I don’t use my arms to go killing people.  My arms are never displayed, unless they are needed.  Kinda like an insurance policy.

Hug someone, tell them that you love them, stop being such an ahole, and stop shooting people.  Dicks.  Swinging Richards the lot.

I mean, yes, I am getting prophetic, but if you think about it…a robot doesn’t care if it kills you or not.  It has no feelings.  A person has feelings. Good people don’t like to kill other people, and those who have had to do it for the service of their country and their duty, they don’t like killing either.  I know this because I was a soldier.  And Inhave friends.  

A robot has no friends.  It has no country, it has no feelings.  If it was told to kill you because you had a gun in your house, it would do it every day of the week and twice on Sundays and it wouldn’t even think twice about it.  If you don’t think we have the technology to do that to the people right now, youre fooling yourself.