Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Supreme Court rejects challenge to Connecticut law that eliminated religious vaccination exemption


Grim Reaper 6

Recommended Posts

The Supreme Court on Monday rejected a challenge to a 2021 Connecticut law that eliminated the state’s longstanding religious exemption from childhood immunization requirements for schools, colleges and day care facilities.

The justices did not comment in leaving in place a federal appeals court ruling that upheld the contentious law. A lower court judge had earlier dismissed the lawsuit challenging the law, which drew protests at the state Capitol.

Supreme Court rejects challenge to Connecticut law that eliminated religious vaccination exemption (msn.com)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

I wonder if Connecticut will be as dedicated to insisting on vaccinations for "immigrants"?  I agree with this decision because it concerns proven safe vaccines for childhood diseases but if they add to that list arbitrarily then parents should have every right to refuse them for their children.  If they have to pull them from school, so be it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, and-then said:

I wonder if Connecticut will be as dedicated to insisting on vaccinations for "immigrants"?  I agree with this decision because it concerns proven safe vaccines for childhood diseases but if they add to that list arbitrarily then parents should have every right to refuse them for their children.  If they have to pull them from school, so be it.

Well based upon the Supreme Court’s findings, parents will have to remove their kids from school if they disagree state approved vaccines. But, I certainly agree parents should have the right to make that decision and the consequences that go along with it.

JIMHO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Antigonos Didn't the Haredi in Lakewood and your neck of the woods have several outbreaks of measles or something because of their silliness? 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Piney said:

@Antigonos Didn't the Haredi in Lakewood and your neck of the woods have several outbreaks of measles or something because of their silliness? 

Yeah it was in 2018. A group came back to Brooklyn after visiting Israel which was having an outbreak. Some unvaccinated children brought it home with them, then it spread to the ultra orthodox community in Rockland County NJ which is across the Hudson. Rockland is right next to Bergen where I live and the county dividing line is also the NJ/New York State border. 

They apparently were fed or obtained vaccine disinformation (the usual crap, they cause things like autism and SIDS) and about 1400 people died. Most of the ultra orthodox Jewish community did vaccinate, and Israel as a whole I think had a 95% vaccination rate. Rabbis in general were vehement about the necessity to vaccinate and several signed a declaration that it was murder not to do so.  But there was a minority of vaccine deniers who had a mistrust of science (they consulted the Talmud instead of doctors) that one community leader blamed on a lack of secular education. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Well based upon the Supreme Court’s findings, parents will have to remove their kids from school if they disagree state approved vaccines. But, I certainly agree parents should have the right to make that decision and the consequences that go along with it.

JIMHO

out of curiosity, as I don't know US Federal/State laws, my question is at what point does Child Protection Services should take action?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Antigonos said:

Yeah it was in 2018. A group came back to Brooklyn after visiting Israel which was having an outbreak. Some unvaccinated children brought it home with them, then it spread to the ultra orthodox community in Rockland County NJ which is across the Hudson. Rockland is right next to Bergen where I live and the county dividing line is also the NJ/New York State border. 

They apparently were fed or obtained vaccine disinformation (the usual crap, they cause things like autism and SIDS) and about 1400 people died. Most of the ultra orthodox Jewish community did vaccinate, and Israel as a whole I think had a 95% vaccination rate. Rabbis in general were vehement about the necessity to vaccinate and several signed a declaration that it was murder not to do so.  But there was a minority of vaccine deniers who had a mistrust of science (they consulted the Talmud instead of doctors) that one community leader blamed on a lack of secular education. 

I just saw the lock down protests that they were holding in Lakewood with the children and a first responder from Howell told me one Haredi group already had a wipeout because they were antivaxxers when I asked about it.  

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, godnodog said:

out of curiosity, as I don't know US Federal/State laws, my question is at what point does Child Protection Services should take action?

In this situation I am not certain, because in the United States parents do have the right to deny vaccinations. But if they chose to do so in this case, they would have to also remove this child from public school and home school their child.

Sorry I could not answer your question better.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, godnodog said:

out of curiosity, as I don't know US Federal/State laws, my question is at what point does Child Protection Services should take action?

Missed this.

After the kid dies because this is the USA and parents have rights. Children don't.

Getting a kid away from a drug addict here takes years unless the kid gets dosed and half the time it's too late when they do 

  • Thanks 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

Missed this.

After the kid dies because this is the USA and parents have rights. Children don't.

Getting a kid away from a drug addict here takes years unless the kid gets dosed and half the time it's too late when they do 

Good Morning!!!!!!! and thanks for the back up!!!!:tu:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Piney said:

Missed this.

After the kid dies because this is the USA and parents have rights. Children don't.

Getting a kid away from a drug addict here takes years unless the kid gets dosed and half the time it's too late when they do 

There also seems to be a hodge-podge of states that allow religious exemptions to child abuse and neglect laws if the parents disagree with recommended medical treatment that conflicts with their religious beliefs.  I do know that some faith-healing parents have been convicted of involuntary manslaughter because they tried to pray away their child's affliction and the child later died from it, which I personally don't think should be excused in any state. But I don't know to the specific question here how many times a sick child has been taken away from their (religiously-idiotic) parents while they were still alive for failing to take them to a doctor.

Edited by Liquid Gardens
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

There also seems to be a hodge-podge of states that allow religious exemptions to child abuse and neglect laws if the parents disagree with recommended medical treatment that conflicts with their religious beliefs.  I do know that some faith-healing parents have been convicted of involuntary manslaughter because they tried to pray away their child's affliction and the child later died from it, which I personally don't think should be excused in any state. But I don't know to the specific question here how many times a sick child has been taken away from their (religiously-idiotic) parents while they were still alive for failing to take them to a doctor.

And that "spare the rod" bull**** the Evangelicals use. @eight bits probably knows this because he's more than familiar with them, but ICOC members proactively beat their preteen kids to "keep them from being bad".

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.