Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia on brink of 'more concrete' nuclear actions as tensions heighten and WW3 fears intensify

Grim Reaper 6

Russia is poised to potentially revise its nuclear strategy, with a key Putin ally delivering a stark warning.

Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov hinted that the conflict in Ukraine might compel Moscow to alter its existing nuclear policy, mirroring statements by Putin and ex-Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev.

Subsequent to his address, Dmitri Trening from the Institute of World Economy and International Relations inferred that the Russian leader might change the doctrine to permit the use of nuclear arms when "core national interests are at stake."

Mr Trenin suggested that such a move would be consistent with Russia's strategy to "persuade" Western countries that they cannot remain comfortable and fully secure after instigating conflict with Russia.

Russia on brink of 'more concrete' nuclear actions as tensions heighten and WW3 fears intensify (msn.com)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm scared...

,,,not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well, maybe Putin should have backed out of the Ukraine rather than feeding his ego. Reality is there is a leash on the Ukraine about hitting military sites and airports deep into Russia that they use to murder Ukrainian civilians. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Well, maybe Putin should have backed out of the Ukraine rather than feeding his ego. Reality is there is a leash on the Ukraine about hitting military sites and airports deep into Russia that they use to murder Ukrainian civilians. 

I am actually starting to believe that Putin is going to use a small artillery fired tactical battlefield nuclear ☢️ weapon. It’s appears he is becoming very unstable, I also believe that NATO will also use the same kind of weapon in retaliation. After that it’s anyone’s guess what comes next, only time will tell.:yes:

2 hours ago, joc said:

I'm scared...

,,,not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am getting real tired of being threatened by dictators abroad and wannabe dictators and sympathizers here at home.  Putin wants his legacy to be a restoration of imperial Russia, and it ain't gonna happen. Russia already had the lowest birth rate of industrialized nations. and now they have lost nearly half a percent of Russian males 18-45  Half percent may not sound like a lot, but it amounts to more than half a million men.  The next generation will be smaller than the current one, generally not great for an industrialized nation with military aspirations..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I am actually starting to believe that Putin is going to use a small artillery fired tactical battlefield nuclear ☢️ weapon. It’s appears he is becoming very unstable, I also believe that NATO will also use the same kind of weapon in retaliation. After that it’s anyone’s guess what comes next, only time will tell.:yes:

HI Grim

I tend to agree that he might just to send a message to the West. Russia is in a bad spot due to losses both in battle and finance losses over oil production and sales. The Ukraine has successfully disrupted that revenue for years to come as those facilities use sanctioned Western tech to rebuild. I think as long as this drags out they will lose even more production capability and let's face it now we can sell more of ours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I also believe that NATO will also use the same kind of weapon in retaliation. After that it’s anyone’s guess what comes next, only time will tell.:yes:

Well depending on how things go here, in January we might give Ukraine to Russia and if that doesn't satisfy him, we may surrender.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I am getting real tired of being threatened by dictators abroad and wannabe dictators and sympathizers here at home.  Putin wants his legacy to be a restoration of imperial Russia, and it ain't gonna happen. Russia already had the lowest birth rate of industrialized nations. and now they have lost nearly half a percent of Russian males 18-45  Half percent may not sound like a lot, but it amounts to more than half a million men.  The next generation will be smaller than the current one, generally not great for an industrialized nation with military aspirations..

Actually Tate, he has stated he wants the return of the Soviet Union. Normally, I wouldn’t say this but I hope you right about their population, because the smaller it becomes the less people that will have die. Since communism sprung up there in 1917, that country has been under the boot of dictators and they don’t want to change, it’s conflict after conflict. That really needs to stop, by any means possible.

JIMHO

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

HI Grim

I tend to agree that he might just to send a message to the West. Russia is in a bad spot due to losses both in battle and finance losses over oil production and sales. The Ukraine has successfully disrupted that revenue for years to come as those facilities use sanctioned Western tech to rebuild. I think as long as this drags out they will lose even more production capability and let's face it now we can sell more of ours. 

Jay, I totally agree 👍 that country is in a terrible position right now and Putin just worse everyday. He needs to go, and it’s best if his do it but if he detonates a nuke all bets are, hopefully he is not stupid.

Peace Jay

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Well depending on how things go here, in January we might give Ukraine to Russia and if that doesn't satisfy him, we may surrender.

Sadly your correct Tate, if Trump is elected he will sell them and NATO down the freakin river. There is no doubt in mind that he is in bed with Putin so yea I totally agree with you my friend!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.google.com/search?q=russian+population+graph&oq=russian+population+gra&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqBwgAEAAYgAQyBwgAEAAYgAQyBggBEEUYOTIHCAIQABiABDIHCAMQABiABDIICAQQABgWGB4yCAgFEAAYFhgeMggIBhAAGBYYHjIICAcQABgWGB4yCAgIEAAYFhgeMggICRAAGBYYHqgCALACAA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=bC-Mz8w9lvS7KM&imgdii=YnDQ7l6SMz7eMM

U.S., Chinese, German and Russian Demographics

It is keyed by flag colors. US at top left has the most hopeful future for maintaining its population. Russia is bottom right.  Left side of each pyramid is males, right side is females.  Age groups go from bottom as the youngest to top as the oldest in 5 year groups. Population in millions across the bottom  Compare the US with rather equal numbers in the 0 to 45 year range with Russia that has a real thin waist in the 5-15 year old's, possible soldiers for the next decade.  In addition to soldiers, they will be future factory workers, and they will produce the next generation  The more of them that get wiped out in war, the smaller the next generation will be.. Russia can conscript up into the 40's I believe, so even the decline between 25 and 45 represents a problem.  Those are the working people who will have to support all those retirees above them. Look at the unequal sides between about 55 and 85 with females far outnumbering males.  

https://www.google.com/search?q=russian+life+expectancy+graph&oq=Russian+life+expectancy&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqDQgBEAAYkQIYgAQYigUyDQgAEAAYkQIYgAQYigUyDQgBEAAYkQIYgAQYigUyDQgCEAAYkQIYgAQYigUyDQgDEAAYkQIYgAQYigUyBwgEEAAYgAQyBwgFEAAYgAQyBwgGEAAYgAQyBwgHEAAYgAQyBwgIEAAYgAQyBwgJEAAYgATSAQkxMDE4N2owajeoAgCwAgA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#vhid=8MhSEsgavOXXJM&vssid=l

undefined

Life expectancy in Russia is low for industrialized nations, almost a decade less for Russian males than EU males.    Russian men tend to live a decade or so less than Russian women, due in part to dangerous life styles and alcoholism.  It could be that authoritarian regimes do not breed a lot of hope or happiness in the male population. 

Average life expectancy in Europe for those born in 2022, by gender and region (in years)
Characteristic Males Females
Europe (total) 75 81
Western Europe 79 84
Southern Europe 79 84
Northern Europe 79 83

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

https://www.google.com/search?q=russian+population+graph&oq=russian+population+gra&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqBwgAEAAYgAQyBwgAEAAYgAQyBggBEEUYOTIHCAIQABiABDIHCAMQABiABDIICAQQABgWGB4yCAgFEAAYFhgeMggIBhAAGBYYHjIICAcQABgWGB4yCAgIEAAYFhgeMggICRAAGBYYHqgCALACAA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=bC-Mz8w9lvS7KM&imgdii=YnDQ7l6SMz7eMM

U.S., Chinese, German and Russian Demographics

It is keyed by flag colors. US at top left has the most hopeful future for maintaining its population. Russia is bottom right.  Left side of each pyramid is males, right side is females.  Age groups go from bottom as the youngest to top as the oldest in 5 year groups. Population in millions across the bottom  Compare the US with rather equal numbers in the 0 to 45 year range with Russia that has a real thin waist in the 5-15 year old's, possible soldiers for the next decade.  In addition to soldiers, they will be future factory workers, and they will produce the next generation  The more of them that get wiped out in war, the smaller the next generation will be.. Russia can conscript up into the 40's I believe, so even the decline between 25 and 45 represents a problem.  Those are the working people who will have to support all those retirees above them. Look at the unequal sides between about 55 and 85 with females far outnumbering males.  

https://www.google.com/search?q=russian+life+expectancy+graph&oq=Russian+life+expectancy&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqDQgBEAAYkQIYgAQYigUyDQgAEAAYkQIYgAQYigUyDQgBEAAYkQIYgAQYigUyDQgCEAAYkQIYgAQYigUyDQgDEAAYkQIYgAQYigUyBwgEEAAYgAQyBwgFEAAYgAQyBwgGEAAYgAQyBwgHEAAYgAQyBwgIEAAYgAQyBwgJEAAYgATSAQkxMDE4N2owajeoAgCwAgA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#vhid=8MhSEsgavOXXJM&vssid=l

undefined

Life expectancy in Russia is low for industrialized nations, almost a decade less for Russian males than EU males.    Russian men tend to live a decade or so less than Russian women, due in part to dangerous life styles and alcoholism.  It could be that authoritarian regimes do not breed a lot of hope or happiness in the male population. 

Average life expectancy in Europe for those born in 2022, by gender and region (in years)
Characteristic Males Females
Europe (total) 75 81
Western Europe 79 84
Southern Europe 79 84
Northern Europe 79 83

Thank you very much for sharing, Tate. It was a great read, and I appreciate the time you took to present it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Thank you very much for sharing, Tate. It was a great read, and I appreciate the time you took to present it!

The future is shaped as much by events as by leaders.  If you were a sane Russian leader, you would not be trading young lives for a patch more land.  You would be trying to turn around your dismal population future.  If you cared about your people you might try to reverse the trend men have to drink themselves into an early grave  It can't be reversed just by ordering more births.  Some people might not think Putin so brilliant if they saw his future.  Some of it is of his own making. 

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

The future is shaped as much by events as by leaders..

Actually in my opinion, leaders not only shape the events they create them, that’s what leadership is!

13 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

If you were a sane Russian leader, you would not be trading young lives for a patch more land.  You would be trying to turn around your dismal population future.  If you cared about your people you might try to reverse the trend men have to drink themselves into an early grave  It can't be reversed just by ordering more births.  Some people might not think Putin so brilliant if they saw his future.  Some of it is of his own making. 

Putin and Trump are cut from the same cloth, neither care about their people everything they do is egocentric and they concern themselves with their own vision of the world. Both men when faced with the loss of their power, will not go quietly into the night, while going down they will attempt to burn down everything around them and Trump proved it in 2020, Putin will do the same thing so using a tactical nuclear weapon is very possible at this point in the game. Because, no matter how it is wrapped Russia 🇷🇺 is loosing the conflict.

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Actually in my opinion, leaders not only shape the events they create them, that’s what leadership is!

Putin and Trump are cut from the same cloth, neither care about their people everything they do is egocentric and they concern themselves with their own vision of the world. Both men when faced with the loss of their power, will not go quietly into the night, while going down they will attempt to burn down everything around them and Trump proved it in 2020, Putin will do the same thing so using a tactical nuclear weapon is very possible at this point in the game. Because, no matter how it is wrapped Russia 🇷🇺 is loosing the conflict.

Yes it seems so.   Trump may be willing to throw Putin under  the bus if it looks like he is on the way out.  He will try to suck up to the next guy.  

Russia is losing the war, it appears Putin is losing the war too, but he is trying to find an exit.  He may be trapped.  The big question might be how much abuse will the Russian populace accept before their society collapses?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Yes it seems so.   Trump may be willing to throw Putin under  the bus if it looks like he is on the way out.  He will try to suck up to the next guy.  

Russia is losing the war, it appears Putin is losing the war too, but he is trying to find an exit.  He may be trapped.  The big question might be how much abuse will the Russian populace accept before their society collapses?

You make some fantastic points, I certainly agree with everything you man.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Russia is poised to potentially revise its nuclear strategy, with a key Putin ally delivering a stark warning.

Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov hinted that the conflict in Ukraine might compel Moscow to alter its existing nuclear policy, mirroring statements by Putin and ex-Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev.

Subsequent to his address, Dmitri Trening from the Institute of World Economy and International Relations inferred that the Russian leader might change the doctrine to permit the use of nuclear arms when "core national interests are at stake."

Mr Trenin suggested that such a move would be consistent with Russia's strategy to "persuade" Western countries that they cannot remain comfortable and fully secure after instigating conflict with Russia.

Russia on brink of 'more concrete' nuclear actions as tensions heighten and WW3 fears intensify (msn.com)

Sorry dude, I don't buy it.  Yes, Russia is running out of options, but Russia is just nuclear sabre rattling, like they have been since February 2022.  They have few if any working nuclear warheads anymore, and their delivery systems aren't half as scary as they have claimed.  In short, this article is fearmongering.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Sorry dude, I don't buy it.  Yes, Russia is running out of options, but Russia is just nuclear sabre rattling, like they have been since February 2022.  They have few if any working nuclear warheads anymore, and their delivery systems aren't half as scary as they have claimed.  In short, this article is fearmongering.

Where not talking about nuclear warheads, the article is referring to Tactical Nuclear Weapons. Most likely artillery fired or bombs air dropped. Time will tell if the article is fear mongering, I hope your right.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I  think you have  to curb the whole 'belief' aspect of what you think mihgt happen....Putin is a known.  Russia is a known.  They are calculating, planning, ruthless, determined and logical thinking masters of deception.  Psyops...that's all this is.

Edited by joc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, joc said:

I  think you have  to curb the whole 'belief' aspect of what you think mihgt happen....Putin is a known.  Russia is a known.  They are calculating, planning, ruthless, determined and logical thinking masters of deception.  Psyops...that's all this is.

Okay, that's cool, my brother!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Where not talking about nuclear warheads, the article is referring to Tactical Nuclear Weapons. Most likely artillery fired or bombs air dropped. Time will tell if the article is fear mongering, I hope your right.

I strongly doubt their tactical warheads are functional either.  All warheads require tritium triggers, and that is expensive stuff.  Furthermore, everyone knows what happens to maintenance budgets in Russia... and if this endemic corruption it is true of civilian life, it is doubly true of the military.... and if it is true of the military it is triply true of the Russian nuclear force, which has the worst morale of any branch of service.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alchopwn said:

I strongly doubt their tactical warheads are functional either.  All warheads require tritium triggers, and that is expensive stuff.  Furthermore, everyone knows what happens to maintenance budgets in Russia... and if this endemic corruption it is true of civilian life, it is doubly true of the military.... and if it is true of the military it is triply true of the Russian nuclear force, which has the worst morale of any branch of service.

Tritium along with Plutonium are both waste products from Nuclear Reactors so it is not as expensive as you think. However, a lithium-6 isotope is used in Atomic Bombs to create tritium during the implosion process, and it isn't used as trigger it is used to create a more efficient chain reaction due this you a larger bang with less fuel!

So, I suspect that Russia has Atomic Bombs that are functional.

JIMHO

• Like 1

On 7/7/2024 at 9:35 PM, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I don't know how he would use one but the thing I find disturbing is how many in the West, no longer seem to have any fear of such an event.  I don't know if it's false bravado or worse, a real belief that no one would dare use them under any circumstance.  While I still think it's highly unlikely he'd attack even Ukrainian forces or cities with a nuke, I think he might very well convince himself that detonating one above ground as a demonstration, might instill fear in NATO and cause them to moderate their strategy.  Once any nation detonates a single weapon, all bets are off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, and-then said:

I don't know how he would use one but the thing I find disturbing is how many in the West, no longer seem to have any fear of such an event.  I don't know if it's false bravado or worse, a real belief that no one would dare use them under any circumstance.  While I still think it's highly unlikely he'd attack even Ukrainian forces or cities with a nuke, I think he might very well convince himself that detonating one above ground as a demonstration, might instill fear in NATO and cause them to moderate their strategy.  Once any nation detonates a single weapon, all bets are off.

You may certainly be right, but I hope we are both wrong because once the Pandora’s Box is opened i think it will be dam near impossible to close it again!

Peace Dude

• Like 1

On 7/9/2024 at 6:05 PM, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Tritium along with Plutonium are both waste products from Nuclear Reactors so it is not as expensive as you think. However, a lithium-6 isotope is used in Atomic Bombs to create tritium during the implosion process, and it isn't used as trigger it is used to create a more efficient chain reaction due this you a larger bang with less fuel!

So, I suspect that Russia has Atomic Bombs that are functional.

JIMHO

Sorry, Tritium costs $US 30,000 per gram.  It is one of the rarest and most expensive substances on earth.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2024 at 9:48 PM, Tatetopa said:

we may surrender.

Like the current crowd has done with the mullahs in Tehran?  Like that?