Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Four more Democrats in Congress call for Biden to step aside in the 2024 race

Grim Reaper 6

WASHINGTON — Four additional Democrats in Congress told their lawmaker colleagues during a phone call Sunday that they believe President Joe Biden should step aside to allow someone else to be the party’s nominee for president, according to multiple people on the call and familiar with the discussion..

The House Democrats who said Biden should drop out of the race were Adam Smith of Washington, Jerry Nadler of New York, Mark Takano of California and Joe Morelle of New York.

All four lawmakers hold top positions on key committees and bring the number of Democrats in Congress who have called for Biden to reconsider his bid for president to nearly a dozen.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/four-more-democrats-in-congress-call-for-biden-to-step-aside-in-the-2024-race/ar-BB1pznww?cvid=56ee64dc280d4e97c7e2522ac7123c04&ei=23

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

…and yet Biden is polling strong numbers in the swing states ever since that abysmal performance in the debate. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

…and yet Biden is polling strong numbers in the swing states ever since that abysmal performance in the debate. 

UK and France just gave a middle finger to their far right idiots. Hopefully the US can do the same. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

I don’t know, yesterday his biggest donors said he should drop, and today members of his own party. The problem with Biden is can he even make it another 4 years, that’s the question that no answer for.

• Like 2

Just now, Occupational Hubris said:

UK and France just gave a middle finger to their far right idiots. Hopefully the US can do the same. 

I hope so too, Trump will destroy the country if he is re-elected!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I don’t know, yesterday his biggest donors said he should drop, and today members of his own party. The problem with Biden is can he even make it another 4 years, that’s the question that no answer for.

I've said it since he was elected the first time that he should not run for a second term. I guess he may forever be remembered as the 9th president to die in office. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

What strong poll numbers.

From RealClearPolling, using the average of the polls then the most recent poll

https://www.realclearpolling.com/polls/president/general/2024/pennsylvania/trump-vs-biden

Arizona - Trump +5.4 - Trump +7

Georgia - Trump +3.7 - Trump +2

Michigan - Trump +0.6 - Biden +6

Nevada - Trump +4.6 - Trump +5

North Carolina - Trump +5.8 - Trump +3

Pennsylvania - Trump +4.5 - Trump +7

Wisconsin - Trump +1.5 - Biden +3

That is not Biden polling strong by any stretch of the imagination.  Polling like that has Biden set to clearly lose the election by a decent margin.  The most recent polls are from Bloomberg/Morning Consult which for FiveThirtyEighy.com scores at 1.8 out of 3 stars ranking them at 116 in polls.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Occupational Hubris said:

I've said it since he was elected the first time that he should not run for a second term. I guess he may forever be remembered as the 9th president to die in office. 

I hope he doesn’t die in office, but it’s certainly time for him to go. I said the same thing you did when he was elected and we both have been proven right.:yes:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Occupational Hubris said:

The man himself said he would only run for one term.  That "prediction" seems like it will be more accurate than the Henny Penny thinking that predicted he be handing over to Kamala within a year.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

What strong poll numbers.

From RealClearPolling, using the average of the polls then the most recent poll

https://www.realclearpolling.com/polls/president/general/2024/pennsylvania/trump-vs-biden

Arizona - Trump +5.4 - Trump +7

Georgia - Trump +3.7 - Trump +2

Michigan - Trump +0.6 - Biden +6

Nevada - Trump +4.6 - Trump +5

North Carolina - Trump +5.8 - Trump +3

Pennsylvania - Trump +4.5 - Trump +7

Wisconsin - Trump +1.5 - Biden +3

That is not Biden polling strong by any stretch of the imagination.  Polling like that has Biden set to clearly lose the election by a decent margin.  The most recent polls are from Bloomberg/Morning Consult which for FiveThirtyEighy.com scores at 1.8 out of 3 stars ranking them at 116 in polls.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

All we heard last election from the right was how polls can't be trusted, so.... I'm still gonna go vote!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Occupational Hubris said:

All we heard last election from the right was how polls can't be trusted, so.... I'm still gonna go vote!

In 2016 and 2020 the polls underestimated Trump by significant margins.  If that pattern still holds for 2024 then Trump being near tied in polls will result in a Trump victory and if Trump is up then it will be an overwhelming victory.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

In 2016 and 2020 the polls underestimated Trump by significant margins.  If that pattern still holds for 2024 then Trump being near tied in polls will result in a Trump victory and if Trump is up then it will be an overwhelming victory.

Polls don't over or underestimate anything. They are a statistical representation of data. They are highly influenced by the nature of the data collected. This is basic stats course material. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Occupational Hubris said:

Not me, I haven’t voted since 2013 under the current circumstances I may never again unless things change drastically!:yes:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Occupational Hubris said:

Polls don't over or underestimate anything. They are a statistical representation of data. They are highly influenced by the nature of the data collected. This is basic stats course material. 

Obviously I was using more laymen terms instead of technical terms but if you really want to start playing this game we can.

Also I got a masters in Mathematics, which included 9 credits of statistics at a graduate level, so if you really want to start arguing math on a technical basis we can but I will embarrass you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Biden won’t last 4 years. You are right!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Biden won’t last 4 years. You are right!

Yea pretty sad isn’t!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Yea pretty sad isn’t!

Only sad because Trump is the alternative. If it was Haley or Pompeo I’d be cheering for the other side

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Only sad because Trump is the alternative. If it was Haley or Pompeo I’d be cheering for the other side

I am a Republican, I would have voted for Haley, or even Pence but I am a never Trumper for life, screw that freakin idiot!:angry:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I am a Republican, I would have voted for Haley, or even Pence but I am a never Trumper for life, screw that freakin idiot!:angry:

Not a hope in hell would Pence get my vote (if I was eligible that is).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

You 100% absolutely sure about this statement?

5 hours ago, Occupational Hubris said:

In other words, the nature of the data collection methodology leads to poll results that aren't as favorable to Trump's actual performance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Edumakated said:

In other words, the nature of the data collection methodology leads to poll results that aren't as favorable to Trump's actual performance.

Meanwhile, Biden's folks are screaming the message to anyone who will listen and even to those who won't:

https://www.newsmax.com/us/biden-campaign-democrats/2024/07/08/id/1171608/#insticator-commenting

I don't understand the rules very well but it seems that if he firmly decides that he isn't going to be pushed out, they would have to burn it all down to remove him.  My belief from day one has been that he is not only illegitimate but that he's also just a puppet of a group that is governing from behind the scenes.  EVERYTHING he has done, policy-wise, has been a continuation of Obama's agenda and with regard to Iran, he has helped set the Middle East on fire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

That is your right as an American but if those on the Left resort to violent, destructive street protests if he wins, do you think it will be justified based on the perceived threat he poses?  If so, what actions/policies did he engage in during his first administration that prove he is such a threat?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

I hope so too, Trump will destroy the country if he is re-elected!

We've had Trump for 4 years already.  The country wasn't destroyed and in fact, things were running pretty smoothly until the left screwed everything up with c19.  We had low gas prices, booming economy, low inflation, no real foreign conflicts, etc.  

Other than Russia, Russia, Russia, and libs constantly rioting in honor of dead thugs things were going fine.

Edited by Edumakated
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Now he's challenging Dems to run against him at the convention...

Good comedy 😆

• Like 1