Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have you heard of Project 2025?

OverSword

It is not enough for conservatives to win elections. If we are going to rescue the country from the grip of the radical Left, we need both a governing agenda and the right people in place, ready to carry this agenda out on Day One of the next conservative Administration.

This is the goal of the 2025 Presidential Transition Project. The project will build on four pillars that will, collectively, pave the way for an effective conservative Administration.

https://www.project2025.org/

• Thanks 1

I have not yet read the long pdf about their agenda but one of the alleged goals is to consolidate the federal government's entire executive branch under direct presidential control, eliminating the independence of the DOJ, the FBI, the Federal Communications Commission, the Federal Trade Commission, and other agencies.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OverSword said:

I have not yet read the long pdf about their agenda but one of the alleged goals is to consolidate the federal government's entire executive branch under direct presidential control, eliminating the independence of the DOJ, the FBI, the Federal Communications Commission, the Federal Trade Commission, and other agencies.

They would have to get rid of the constitution to do that.  I haven't read it but what you say seems like nonsense, emotional, manipulative drivel.

I clicked on the document and the title made me laugh.    Someone doesn't realize how scary the word "conservative" is to a lot of people.   🤣

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

They would have to get rid of the constitution to do that.  I haven't read it but what you say seems like nonsense, emotional, manipulative drivel.

I don't think they would. 

The Department of Justice (DOJ) is a United States executive department formed in 1789 to assist the president and Cabinet in matters concerning the law and to prosecute U.S. Supreme Court cases for the federal government.

https://ballotpedia.org/U.S._Department_of_Justice#:~:text=The Department of Justice (DOJ,cases for the federal government.

If you click the link you will see all the parts answerable to the executive that this plan will influence.  The goal I believe is to make them all much more answerable to the executive in part by ensuring that appointees run all of these departments and the government employees that are there year after year having less power.  I may be wrong about that but from what I've been reading that's the impression I'm left with.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Is the US "in the grip of the Radical Left" as Project 2025 suggests? There is no evidence of this, is there?

Edited by pellinore
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, pellinore said:

Is the US "in the grip of the Radical Left" as Project 2025 suggests? There is no evidence of this, is there?

Short version.  I would say there are two different extremist ideologies, one right and one left, trying to take over the narrative on which direction the USA should go.  For example you have one anti-liberty movement pushing laws limiting women's rights to bodily autonomy and religion being taught in schools and you have it's competitor that wants to undermine parents rights to have main responsibility for their children and raise them as they see fit and fights for the reestablishment of systemic racial division.  

Edited by OverSword
  • Thanks 1

I need to read the actual document. 

My understanding is that conservatives want to break the grip the left has on the deep state administrators.  The issue is that when the President and congress / senate has an agenda and mandate, we often have these low level administrators who work against that mandate.  Being able to fire them so that the executive branch can do their job is paramount along with being able to put in your own team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Edumakated said:

My understanding is that conservatives want to break the grip the left has on the deep state administrators.  The issue is that when the President and congress / senate has an agenda and mandate, we often have these low level administrators who work against that mandate.  Being able to fire them so that the executive branch can do their job is paramount along with being able to put in your own team.

Essentially that is the argument.  The debate will be is this a step closer to the executive branch having too much power.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My apologies I did not see the other thread started about this subject.  Skimming through it most of the posts involve wild uninformed conspiracy theories about dismantling the constitution and the usual hysteria surrounding trump.  This thread has a link to the actual document the gist of which is summed up in post number 7 of this thread by @Edumakated.

• Like 2

My better judgement of Trump being associated with 666, the antichrist and Hitler tells me the dictatorship is the wrong idea.  However, when I feel the fear inflicted on those who have tried to hurt me when they hear Trump, then I cease to care.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

I clicked on the document and the title made me laugh.    Someone doesn't realize how scary the word "conservative" is to a lot of people.   🤣

Yeah my thoughts too. Trump is just too friggen lazy to work that hard lol. Thou I bet there are elements of 2025 Trump will definitely implement or at least try. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

My apologies I did not see the other thread started about this subject.  Skimming through it most of the posts involve wild uninformed conspiracy theories about dismantling the constitution and the usual hysteria surrounding trump.  This thread has a link to the actual document the gist of which is summed up in post number 7 of this thread by @Edumakated.

LOL.  Edumakated's post #7

1 hour ago, Edumakated said:

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

LOL.  Edumakated's post #7

1 hour ago, Edumakated said:

That is stipped down to bare bones essentially what the pdf states.  If you don't believe me the link to the website is at post #1

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

That is stipped down to bare bones essentially what the pdf states.  If you don't believe me the link to the website is at post 1

No, the funny part for me is the fact that he hasn't read it, but already has an "understanding" of it.

• Like 2

(Alexa play the Jaws theme) 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

No, the funny part for me is the fact that he hasn't read it, but already has an "understanding" of it.

I mean as Nancy Pelosi said...  we have to pass it to see what is in it.

I've read a few synopsis of it but haven't read the 900 pages..  I suspect most people havent... even the ones against it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Just now, Gromdor said:

Yeah, you can get a general idea of what things are about by reading news stories about them.  Probably that is what happens 99.999% of the time for everything.

• Like 1

Hmm.  Privatize the TSA.  Put the Coast Guard under the DoJ. Ooh, shifting FEMA costs to the states.  Get rid of federal flood insurance and let private insurance companies (not) cover it.  Smash the unions. Gut federal retirement.  Merge all immigration/border patrol agencies.  Give border patrol legal powers to start deportation procedings.  Ooh, suspend title 8 and let presidents do whatever they want to stop "mass migration events".

Hmm.  Giving the power to the president to elect a CIA Deputy Director without Senate confimation so that they can immediately implement the president's agenda!  I like this one. (p.208)

Ooh, conservative Iowa farmers aren't going to like this one- reform and repeal subsidies (p. 297.)  Force work requirements for SNAP.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yeah, you can get a general idea of what things are about by reading news stories about them.  Probably that is what happens 99.999% of the time for everything.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said of the Affordable Care Act, in 2010: "We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Michelle said:

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said of the Affordable Care Act, in 2010: "We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it."

I happy to see that Conservatives and Liberals have things in common!  Being clueless in what they support being one of them.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I happy to see that Conservatives and Liberals have things in common!  Being clueless in what they support being one of them.  

Who is supporting anything?  Have not seen that yet here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is this this same as Project 2020? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If you are reading this you are the resistance!