Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Donors on the Brink of Civil War Over J.D. Vance for VP

Grim Reaper 6

In his rise from Donald Trump critic to viable contender to be the presumptive Republican nominee’s running mate, Sen. J.D. Vanceof Ohio has come so far. But he may fall just short thanks to some risk-averse GOP donors.

The best thing Vance has going for him in the Trump veepstakes, among the base, may also be his undoing as a potential running mate—some donors are scared of him..

The very same coastal elites who once adored Vance have been trying to sabotage his vice presidential aspirations, according to three Republicans familiar with the veepstakes who spoke to The Daily Beast. All spoke under the condition of anonymity in order to relay private conversations among donors around the most hush-hush of discussions in Trumpworld..

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-donors-on-the-brink-of-civil-war-over-j-d-vance-for-vp/ar-BB1pIXp4?cvid=358085e3064d4857ad6874ae47620b3f&ei=7

• Like 1

It's anybodys guess at this point who Trumps running mate is going to be. I haven't really heard JD Vances name mentioned as being a front runner before but I suppose anything can be possible when the source of the rumor is The Daily Beast, a tabloid magazine, using 3 un-named individuals to fabricate the scoop. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, acidhead said:

It's anybodys guess at this point who Trumps running mate is going to be. I haven't really heard JD Vances name mentioned as being a front runner before but I suppose anything can be possible when the source of the rumor is The Daily Beast, a tabloid magazine, using 3 un-named individuals to fabricate the scoop. 

Yes, thank you for sharing your perspective on the topic. The source seems to share many similarities with the Conservative Republican sources provided in the forum.:lol:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Nearly any story concerning Trump, coming from that aggregator, is likely only a very thinly disguised hit piece.  My guess is he'll pick the candidate that is most likely not to ever upstage him.  My wife thinks it will be Tim Scott of South Carolina.  I don't think the choice will ultimately matter much.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, and-then said:

Nearly any story concerning Trump, coming from that aggregator, is likely only a very thinly disguised hit piece.  My guess is he'll pick the candidate that is most likely not to ever upstage him.  My wife thinks it will be Tim Scott of South Carolina.  I don't think the choice will ultimately matter much.

I've heard Tim Scott's name mentioned many times. I like Ben Carson. In a few days we'll find out. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Before tonight I've not looked much at the potential options, though I thought Tim Scott as well after the primary debates. But that's probably because I don't know much about any alternatives. Don't know much about who JD Vance is. I'm sure I'll find out more tomorrow after a good night's sleep. 

I had a look at the bookies odds (courtesy of sportsbet, hyperlink withheld to abide by forum rules) on who will be Republican VP nominee,  never looked at this particular market before, and right now it's looking like a 3-way fight between Doug Burgum ($3.10), JD Vance ($3.75) and Marco Rubio ($5.50). Other options include Ben Carson ($14), Tim Scott ($15), and Glenn Youngkin ($18) all under $20, and a few over that, including Donald Trump at $101. Edit: bolding to convey main info

Trump could even swerve us all and choose someone not even on the list :lol:

Edited by Link of Hyrule
  • Like 2

Eric Trump

1 hour ago, Link of Hyrule said:

Trump could even swerve us all and choose someone not even on the list

I think he probably will.  As for JD Vance, I'd never heard of him and I don't think he's qualified at all.

I'd like Vance or Byron Donald's.  Need someone who can handle the media well.