Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Parents Sentenced For Exorcism Gone Wrong

UM-Bot

His parents, devoutly religious members of a Pentecostal church that believes in such manifestations, knew that much to be true. They had seen their shy 19-year-old son engage in behaviours that could only signal the presence of Satan.

So Diego Zepeda-Cordera called his friend Alex Osegueda, a fellow member of the Missionary Church of Christ and a man of equal devotion, to help him rid his son of the evil.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: The Globe & Mail

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vox

• SpaceyKC

• Homer

• neen

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG! Those b******s only got a few years in prison? mad.gif

I couldn't even read the entire article. sad.gif

A sad tragedy. People will look upon this article in different steads. Some will be infuriated beyond belief such Spacey, and others like myself will understand why this sort of action was undertaken. Such fanatic zeal still exists in latin america, it's a shame that these sort of things still occur. I am not infuriated. I just empathise with the poor man who has lost a child, and in his mindset, unfortuanately, he genuinely believes that he did his child a favour. He will probably be thankful to god that he redeemed his son's soul. I mean let's face it... if you truly believe in the devil, would you allow him to taint your son's immortal (and I stress this word, 'immortal') soul, damning him forever?

I think I'd rather risk my son being possessed by "maybe" a devil than trying to drive it out of him and in the process killing him, how can these people live with themselves!They deserve to go to jail, no matter there so called good intentions.

That's the difference between you and them neen, you say a 'maybe' devil, but they were convinced that it WAS the devil. You see, you have to be incredibly zealous to do what they did. They rather have their child die into the arms of God than let him live eternally tortured by satan. They can live with themselves because in THEIR eyes they did the child a favour, as far as they are probably concerned it was SATAN'S fault that their child is dead and not their own. As far as them going to prison well, you do the crime, you do the time, it's that simple... regardless of your intentions. huh.gif