Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant/Colossal Squids

Walken

Okay, thanks. Look foward to it.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• Walken

• Mysteryman

• The Roswell Man

"They sound like the most lethal predator ever...

I'm never swimming again "

hehehe

now you're getting it

join the club

DONTWANNAGETETALIVEAPHOBIC

Check this awesome "fictional" created picture:

user posted image

That is scary. Glad it's not real tongue.gif

Cool if something like that was in GTA SA tongue.gif

Hrmmm sadly they seem to have all been removed. sad.gif I couldn't find them, but then i remembered i linked them into this topic, where we were talking about the Colossals.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...opic=19276&st=0

So, i checked that to see if the images were still there, and as you can see, they turn up as broken links, which means the source pictures have been removed. sad.gif Sorry.

Anyway, you can check that topic for tons of info and pictures on colossals and giants including pictures of the hooks, beaks etc.

Thanks -

Okay, thanks anyway.

That posts way before I joined tongue.gif

Great post though.

"But the Kraken lives in the northern water, and the Colossal Squid has only been sighted around the Antarctic for hundreds of years"

Didn't know that blink.gif

Sounds like an upbeat and less paranoid UM tongue.gif

I really don't consider the giant squid as a mystery nor a cryptid to be honest with you.

I don't know. I think if it captures your curiosity, or if it harbours unawnsered questions, its worthy of the title.

Well, yes it certainly is a strange animal - but whats so cryptid about it - What mysteries lye beneath it?

thats insane

It's not a Cryptid in any sense. It's as real as Lions and Dogs, it has classification etc etc.

gosh, who would have though Burnside would have showed up in this thread?

I dunno, maybe he had something constructive to add to the discussion?

Do you?

i was joking. tongue.gif somehow, you always manage to find every kraken thread on the site.

It's not a Kraken topic.. well, i guess it is.. sort off.. anyway.. original.gif

I do have a certain passion for the Architeuthis genus, it is one of my favourite subjects. thumbsup.gif

Giant squids are very facinating animals, and God, I wouldn't wanna get in a fight with one!

I cannot find a pic of a collosal and giant quid either but here is an estimate and size chart of their true size.(meaning that none of the posted pics here is close to the adult size)

user posted image

That had already been posted but thanks anyway.

The collosal squid is cool.

Indeed, only a couple specimens have ever been found, so it's very difficult to judge the true size of them.

The ones found could be babies for all we know. Then again, the same goes for the Giant Squid, although quite alot have been found, and the average size has been calculated from that.

Where do you suppose they all live?

Well we know the have to live in extreme pressure, pressure that would crush a human into something the size of a prune. We know this because the baby Squids that were captured by Dr. O'Shea all died within hours in captivity, their bodies were not acustomed to the atmosphere.

Giant Squids have been found everywhere from New Zealand and Australia, to Newfoundland in Canada. So they're most likely nomadic, deep sea dwellers.

Could that mean that there are entire races of alternative and amazeing creatures liveing deep in the ocean, and neither will us nor they will never make contact with? Until technollogy permits, of course.