Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

67% chance that God exists ?

UM-Bot

cross.jpg
Brad Stanhope: Here's some good news for the supreme being - a scientist has calculated that there is a 67 percent chance that God exists. I bet God's grateful for that. In fact, a spokesman for God confirmed that He was gratified that he can continue to call himself "I Am," as he says in the Old Testament of the Bible - although if the scientist is correct, God may have to call himself "I Probably Am.

"Maybe not.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Daily Republic

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stellar

• seeking

• Mr. Gj Philosophy

• whoa182

Please try to ellaborate a bit, just posting "this is a load of crap" isn't exactly very constructive. hmm.gif

In my opinion.. When it comes to spirituality, I see it as flipping the coin. Heads there will be life, tails there will be death. However.. That small percentage of the coin landing on its edge should not be disregarded, this is the percentage that religion should hold - for the maximum utilisation of their 'faith' in a God.

GOD wouldn't liek it, he don't want people to prove he's real by doing crap like that, he wants them to believe he's real, not do tests

Unwin began his calculation by assuming that God has a 50-50 chance of existing

Quite interesting, I wonder if he changed the subject of his calculation to "Hobbits" or "Bigfoot" if he'd get the same results?

Like Unwin, I am pretty sure that there is a Creator, but I am 98% sure that it is not BibleGod! - CD thumbsup.gif

If * god * has a problem with me not believing, then he should show himself

Obviously he wont because he dont exist

lalala

God doesn't need to show himself to those who don't believe in him...

Those whom question me are not of me and such is known as blasphemy... angry.gif

the whole god, no god debate will last as long as we do. the truth is no one knows how or why we are here. all we know is that we have one shot to be here and then we are gone. so why not make the most of it. believe what you need to to make your stay here worthwhile.

(personally, i dont believe in god or any other creator. we are here and that is that. what we need to worry about is what is going on now.)

Please try to ellaborate a bit, just posting "this is a load of crap" isn't exactly very constructive.  hmm.gif

567021[/snapback]

Come on you read one of my older posts didn'y you. lol

Im a Chaos theorist, and now your talking chaos, just as I was talking astrology. roflmao

It's all good kerkido its all good.

TNO..... cool.gif

Like I always say, if you can understand god, then you ARE god.

That would make a good signiture quote is someone would like to use it, hint hint.

If * god * has a problem with me not believing, then he should show himself

Obviously he wont because he dont exist

lalala

567482[/snapback]

Wow, good post.

Reached by the Daily Republic, God said he was pleased that Unwin recognized the probability of His existence, but said that if the odds didn't get better, Unwin might face decreased probability for his continued existence.

Uhuh. Interesting. How is the probability 67% of the existance of god if they've talked to god?

oh, that God was a real life guy name GOD... grin2.gif

from what was written, this is really no proof that almighty "God" is real.

Edited by RaginCajun

Reached by the Daily Republic, God said he was pleased that Unwin recognized the probability of His existence, but said that if the odds didn't get better, Unwin might face decreased probability for his continued existence.

Uhuh. Interesting. How is the probability 67% of the existance of god if they've talked to god?

567971[/snapback]

Hmm sorry to cast doubt on thy perception there Stellar but you aren't being serious there are you? huh.giforiginal.gif

oh, that God was a real life guy name GOD... grin2.gif

there really is no proof that almighty "God" is real.

568044[/snapback]

You are right, but there sure isnt any proof that he isnt.

But I think I will take my chances and believe in Him.

alright almalgut:

i'ma gotto let you know to stay on subject.

hmmm...what else can calculations prove?

0% or 100% chance that i'ma got will respond to me that "they" speaking to god at 67% is 100% existing.

alright almalgut: 

i'ma gotto let you know to stay on subject.

hmmm...what else can calculations prove?

0% or 100% chance that i'ma got will respond to me that "they" speaking to god at 67% is 100% existing.

568064[/snapback]

I am staying on the subject. I said I believed God was real.

such as the existence of good (humanitarianism, acts of kindness, pizza, Doris Day) and the existence of natural evil (earthquakes, illness, "Carrot Top," the Los Angeles Dodgers).

I've got another question. How does the existence of good and evil add or deter to/from the probability of the existance of god?

Hmm sorry to cast doubt on thy perception there Stellar but you aren't being serious there are you?

I'm being half serious. I'm trying to figure out if they're being serious or if they're joking with that sentence there...

There is a stroy to the likes of this;

A highly regarded professor was giving a lecture on how God doesn't exist and how it is folly to place faith in something you can not see touch or feel. The lecture went on for a while and was very passionate and convincing. At the end of the lecture the professor asked if there were any questions. An elderly man that kept quiet through the whole lecture slowly walked to the front of the room with an orange in his hand. With out saying any thing he began to peel the orange and eat it. By the time the man had eaten the last peise the professor was rightfully irritated and asked the elderly man if had a question. The man looked him in the eyes and said this. "You know that was an orange that I just ate. My question to you is this. Was it a sour orange or a sweet orange". The professor quickly answered the seemingly obvious question. "How am I supposed to know if it was a sweet or sour orange if i hadn't tasted it." The man again looked up at the professor and said, "There in lies your answer."

Please try to ellaborate a bit, just posting "this is a load of crap" isn't exactly very constructive.  hmm.gif

567021[/snapback]

Come on you read one of my older posts didn'y you. lol

Im a Chaos theorist, and now your talking chaos, just as I was talking astrology. roflmao

It's all good kerkido its all good.

TNO..... cool.gif

567697[/snapback]

Saruman was infact addressing his post towards the user nickname "Uversa", not me. tongue.gif Sorry, The Nameless One! Here check it out if you don't believe me.

I dont know who deleted my post, or why, but seriously, this is a big load of complete rubbish.

567010[/snapback]

567021[/snapback]

i dont like the whole starting the calculations off as 50/50 were as one half is god and the other half is science

the calculations should be at least 25/75 in favor science were as the unverse could have came to be through at least 3 seperate ways: the big bang, a mutliverse "rubbing" against another multiverse, and/or even that the universe just has always been there

in order for the calculations to be more accurate you would have to take in account ALL of the scientific theories, not just one rolleyes.gif

the god probability is probably more like 37%

:no: i personally don't believe that there it just one single god. but possibly this world is made up of many more gods that helped create our earth.

no.gif i personally don't believe that there it just one single god. but possibly this world is made up of many more gods that helped create our earth.

568271[/snapback]

that is quite a belief. please explain i believe we would liek to know how you came to that conclusion.