Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

67% chance that God exists ?

UM-Bot

Its rubbish really, god either exisists or he doesn't. Doing some research of my own the chance that God exsists is 100%

Is it possible you're wrong?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stellar

• seeking

• Mr. Gj Philosophy

• hyperactive

all we know is that we have one shot to be here and then we are gone. so why not make the most of it. 

567595[/snapback]

not really

if reincarnation is correct, we have more than one shot

In response to all posts concerning religion based belief in God. While I personally see truths in all religions I also see man made dogma. And it is my knowledge -it is the man made dogma that people choose to follow and make holy. It is so extremely sad for man kind to have made God in their own image and then use their thought of God to kill hate destroy disrespect and the list go's on and on.All religions as a whole have disrespected the very nature of God. Its Very plain to see ---all one has to do is take a good look at the shape of this world and its behavior of mankind. Most people do not want the truth. They are misled by the ways of the worlds contents but mostly they choose to deceive their own selves by being followers instead of leaders with in their own right. I look around and am forever seeing people falling short by not being responsible for their own outcome. It has become an everyday practice for mankind to point the finger -push the blame but never being responsible for their own choices. Most are sheep led to the slaughter by their very own doing. They do not seek TRUTH BUT ARE COMFORTABLE LIVING LIES UNTIL SOMETHING GO'S WRONG THEN THEY PUSH BLAME.

GOD IS BEYOND OUR NATURE .I WILL NOT SAY I KNOW WHAT GOD IS -BUT ONE THING IS FOR SURE THE CREATOR EXISTS IN EVERYONE OF US AND EVERYTHING -GOD IS LIFE-GOD IS SPIRIT (ENERGY)MOST OF MANKIND IS HELLBENT ON DESTRUCTION AND USES GOD AS A SCAPEGOAT. SO SAD VERY SAD. EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US ARE GOD IN THE FLESH- TRUTH BE KNOWN

Its rubbish really, god either exisists or he doesn't. Doing some research of my own the chance that God exsists is 100%

592693[/snapback]

its rubbish really, god either exisists or he doesn't. Doing some research of my own the chance that God esists is 0%

which one of us is right?

I can see you are caught in what I term the worldly vision and thought. I totally agree with you in the sense that all the gods mankind has created and (they have)over the course of existence, are mere propaganda (shall we say). However on the other hand IN NO WAY DOES THAT RULE OUT THAT GOD EXISTS. Most do not understand God!! Their mind has been programed to think of God as anything but the truth. Its no wonder there are so many who refuse to believe. Truth does not have a strong standing in this world. Don't get caught up in mankinds deceptions. I do not belong to any religious form of worship. The golden rule is what I live by. Unselfish love. seek true knowledge with a pure heart and you will find answers to life. Do not be persuaded by those who make claims yet are followers of lies for they are comfortable in their own misery and dwell in illusion. The truth does not lay within no one holy book . The truth is all around. It's up to you to put the pieces of the puzzle together. once you have found truth all will come together with out no contradictions and hypocrisy. There is total security peace and contentment within truth. It is a foundation which no one can change no matter how hard they may try. God is truth. If you are sincere you will see what I am saying is true.

people, science CAN NOT disprove a supreme bieng, I would have a link to support this claim but i lost it. anyways people must realise that science DOES HAVE LIMITS! and from my commen sense. the universe could not have been made, if nothing was made in the first place. design demands a designer. and probability demands probability in the first place. so whats the probability of the universe bieng made out of nothing? SLIM TO NONE! ZIP ZERO!

to belive in a supreme bieng folks doesnt take a damn rocket scientist. it just takes commen sense. thumbsup.gif

Umm... Im kind of confused as to what your text has to do with what I wrote...

578808[/snapback]

Just pointing out that evolution is still only a theory - not, as you claim, supported by fact. It all comes down to what you believe. I'm not denying evolution. Not supporting it either. Just saying you can't make sweeping statements about it as fact.

579842[/snapback]

A theory with a lot of backup.

Well I believe 33% of it......

I WILL NOT SAY I KNOW WHAT GOD IS -BUT ONE THING IS FOR SURE THE CREATOR EXISTS IN EVERYONE OF US AND EVERYTHING

That'd be like me saying that one thing is for sure: you're wrong.

people, science CAN NOT disprove a supreme bieng, I would have a link to support this claim but i lost it. anyways  people must realise that science DOES HAVE LIMITS! and from my commen sense. the universe could not have been made, if nothing was made in the first place. design demands a designer. and probability demands probability in the first place. so whats the probability of the universe bieng made out of nothing? SLIM TO NONE! ZIP ZERO!

to belive in a supreme bieng folks doesnt take a damn rocket scientist. it just takes commen sense. thumbsup.gif

597740[/snapback]

first off stop thinking science says the universe came from nothing, the bigbang is said to come from a singularity, a singularity is not nothing, a singularity is[/is] everything. it was just always there, no begining and no end

the whole god, no god debate will last as long as we do. the truth is no one knows how or why we are here. all we know is that we have one shot to be here and then we are gone. so why not make the most of it. believe what you need to to make your stay here worthwhile.

(personally, i dont believe in god or any other creator. we are here and that is that. what we need to worry about is what is going on now.)

567595[/snapback]

ph34r.gif You assume omniscience in saying that "no one knows..". Do you know what each and every person knows or does not know? You again assume omniscience when you say "all we know is..." I doubt that even the Omnipotent Stellar or the Omnipotent Walken would make such claims.

ph34r.gif Mystics who have experienced cosmic consciousness have seen a pattern that runs through all things, though there is no one word for it. They see a connection between obstacles and the good, because obstacles and difficulties call forth a creative response or a supreme effort. They see a connection between violent and destructive events such as the Yellowstone Fire and renewal and freshness, namely the beautiful flowers and mountain meadows that have sprung up in the wake of that fire. For the mystic, the evils are not so absolute as they may seem, and may serve a divine purpose of spontaneity, freshness, creativity and beauty.

ph34r.gif Students of Professor Ian Stevenson know the truth of reincarnation and thus it is not true that "we have one shot and then we are gone."

cool.gif Your metaphysics is infantile, grasshopper.

people, science CAN NOT disprove a supreme bieng, I would have a link to support this claim but i lost it. anyways  people must realise that science DOES HAVE LIMITS! and from my commen sense. the universe could not have been made, if nothing was made in the first place. design demands a designer. and probability demands probability in the first place. so whats the probability of the universe bieng made out of nothing? SLIM TO NONE! ZIP ZERO!

597740[/snapback]

first off stop thinking science says the universe came from nothing, the bigbang is said to come from a singularity, a singularity is not nothing, a singularity is[/is] everything. it was just always there, no begining and no end

598190[/snapback]

thats ridiculous, so before anything existed there was a piece of matter? how so was there a little bang for it. ludicrous.

no, there was no matter, only energy

but to answer your question, no one knows how the big bang happend some believe two universe membranes collided causing the release of energy, some believe it was a curvature of space that unkinked itself through friction, some believe there was no big bang and that the universe has just been, etc, what is ridiculous is beleiving in an all powerful being that resides outside of the universe and decided to create a universe as massive as it is to house only one planet filled with life, religion puts all of its eggs in one basket. ludicrous

G-d is real and manifests himself/herself (to those who prefer the femine approach) in ways that are unknown to the human mind. Take the smallest of microorganisms and ask yourself can man create them? NO.

Look at the vastness of space. Can man create the universe? NO

G-d has manifested even to the sceptics. I have a friend that denies G-d. I told him that my very existance is because of G-d and the manifestations of G-d's power. I have been clinically dead and to deny G-d is equivalent to denying oneself, because we are part of the universe and each other and it all belongs to G-d.

We are nothing without G-d in our lives. We are easily led down dark paths and when we reject the power of G-d; we become unstuck. Our burdens increase and we find ourselves alone.

I WILL NOT SAY I KNOW WHAT GOD IS -BUT ONE THING IS FOR SURE THE CREATOR EXISTS IN EVERYONE OF US AND EVERYTHING

That'd be like me saying that one thing is for sure: you're wrong.

There seems to be a communication problem here--- It appears we are on different levels of understanding. Do you believe in cause and effect? The power of your own mind? Do you truly know yourself?? There is very little space here to explain in detail what I have learned in years of research.

Bottom line there will always be those who for whatever reason live in doubt and there will be those who search for answers. Life is like putting a puzzle together the pieces have to fit in order to complete the picture. If they do not fit they are the wrong pieces. The problem that exists is most people have been brainwashed by foolishness and sadly enough they believe the ignorance yet when confronted they get upset. Why-is it pride--defense of their own laziness for not seeking for them selves-just believing what some one else has said/or being a follower instead of a leader. It is everyones freedom to believe as they choose and to each of them their belief is extremely real to them so much so many have died for their belief. yet it doesn't mean it is the ultimate truth now does it ? In every religion one will hear the word faith -belief - that takes one back to the power of the mind. The words WHY and HOW are marvelous words are they not? Are you a seeker of true knowledge or a procrastinator? It's ok to disagree no biggy My search continues For It is my belief --God-- is in all of us -we are living aren't we??

We as human beings appear to be evolving in our knowledge of the world and our existance but one must question is this knowledge based on proven facts or theory? and What does each mean?? Does acceptance play a role? Are we to accept the things we just do not know and label it which is so like mankind. Then passing it off as a fact? Shall we all join in to try and solve this puzzle. But first we must rid ourselves of pride and arrogance for they are stumbling blocks that create havoc and prevent our minds from expanding in harmony towards the greater goal of True knowledge.

love Deborah

Edited by Debi

what is ridiculous is beleiving in an all powerful being that resides outside of the universe and decided to create a universe as massive as it is to house only one planet filled with life, religion puts all of its eggs in one basket. ludicrous
Yes. Here is some of a post here in this topic;
He says statistics indicate there's a 95% chance of life on other Earth-like planets, a figure that he extrapolates to Earth itself. "I think it's a possibility [there are aliens among us]," he says. "The basic idea is that if life is easy to form as many astrobiologists suppose, then surely it should be formed more than once on Earth. "From what we know about the early record of life on Earth it happened pretty fast once conditions became suitable. "It's fairly easy to then work out the probability that if life began here on Earth, which is the most Earth-like planet there is, there's about a 95% chance that it would have done it more than once, maybe twice, three times. Who knows?"

SOURCE

Better odds than God. ohmy.gif

G-d is real and manifests himself/herself (to those who prefer the femine approach) in ways that are unknown to the human mind. Take the smallest of microorganisms and ask yourself can man create them? NO.

Not yet.

Not yet.

G-d has manifested even to the sceptics. I have a friend that denies G-d. I told him that my very existance is because of G-d and the manifestations of G-d's power. I have been clinically dead and to deny G-d is equivalent to denying oneself, because we are part of the universe and each other and it all belongs to G-d.

If you were "clinically dead" and you are alive now, then that is because you were not hospital clinically dead... Paramedics in emergencies still use the old meaning for "clinically dead" for some reason. You are not actually dead in that case. You are dead when the hospital calls you clinically dead: IE, brain ceases to function and you CAN NOT be braught back to life.

Edited by Stellar

That would be like me saying that one thing is for sure: you're wrong.

598156[/snapback]

Ah thank you for catching my mistake!!!! I was interrupted in the course of my writing, by my grandchildren sorry about that. What I meant to say is I do not claim to know about Gods origins (beginnings if any etc.) but it is my belief so to say that We are all part Of Gods creation and therefore it seems to me we all have God in us Could that explained being made in Gods image??? are not our bodys supposed to be the temples in which God resides??? Is it said God is spirit?? don't it say God don't change??? well if thats true then how can jesus be god?? I have studied for many a year and while I do not make claim of all there is to know I have personally found satisfaction in which I classified as TRUTHS for me in my life. I do not live in confusion about doctrines that are based on man One can know Truth for it has NO dead ends no just having to believe in something that makes no sense at all why because it is a lie common sense. There are some things in life we all have to just accept and it appears whether to believe in God is one of them. God is mysterious but doctrines in all religions are based of mankinds theorys and not facts --- if not fantasy's That is my belief

;-)

G-d is real and manifests himself/herself (to those who prefer the femine approach) in ways that are unknown to the human mind.

im assuming you only make statements if you can back them up...please do so

Take the smallest of microorganisms and ask yourself can man create them? NO.

just because man can not create life on its own [yet], does not mean that god must have done it

again, just because man can not create the universe [yet], does not mean that god must have done it

actually your very existance is due to the medical advancements made through SCIENCE....would you still be alive 1000 years ago?

We are nothing without G-d in our lives. We are easily led down dark paths and when we reject the power of G-d; we become unstuck. Our burdens increase and we find ourselves alone.

598375[/snapback]

that is the most ridiculous statement i have ever heard, were nothing with out god? extremly laughable, i dont have god in my life AT ALL and I am definetly not nothing with out him, if you blame going down dark paths on the absence of god you are a very immature person who can not take responsibilty for thier own actions, and in all of my expierience burderns decrease with the absense of god, not the latter, let me explain...when your bound by the belief of god you are stuck in a set of rules that are set in stone, they hinder your enjoyment and quality of life...your only life that you will ever have and if you dont consider that a burden i dont know what else can be. Of coarse you will argue that your quality of life increases and that you enjoy your life more, but while your eating fish on fridays and giving up tv on the weekends for lent, or wasting your sundays and every major holiday in church, think about all the other things in life you can be doing at that very moment...

seeking

what do you perceive God to be? Fact is the word itself can be used in countless ways. Are you familiar with etymology? Most people are not. but it is a source to look into.

Communication is one of the hardest things in life. Sometimes people really do think alike but are not able to express themselves in the proper text. I myself get lost in the process at times. Hey I never claimed to be perfect ;-) but I am a seeker.

Back to the subject of God- ones car can be a god etc. etc. so explain to me ok-- I can understand your non belief in the religious view of God but do you honestly believe life just happened ??? I myself do believe in an higher intelligence but I do not believe in all the other hocus pocus to sooth the irresponsibility of ones own actions. Religion like anything else in this life has its good and its bad-A wise one would sift out the bad and use the good to better ones self. I believe in sharing when the opportunity arises but I think it wrong to impose/or force one into believing a way of life that does not suit them. Whats wrong with that?? Do you not believe in the golden rule? unselfish love? thats what it is truly about --all else merely causes people to separate and hate . Why because it is pride and selfishness to control the minds and actions of others. To me it is an insecurity and a personal problem but so many do not realize that, only because they do not know themselves. I am always learning ;-)

love Debi

Edited by Debi

seeking

what do you perceive God to be?

a fairy tale

Fact is the word itself can be used in countless ways. Are you familiar with etymology? Most people are not. but it is a source to look into.

Communication is one of the hardest things in life.

i beg to differ...humans alone can communicate with body language, words, voice tone, writing, sign language, morse cod, need i go on? even animals can communicate...hell people even beleive dinosaurs were able to communicate

Sometimes people really do think alike but are not able to express themselves  in the proper text.  I myself get lost in the process at times.  Hey I never claimed to be perfect  ;-) but I am a seeker.

i agree that some have a difficulty expressing or explaining themselves...but the means to do it is definetly available

Back to the subject of God-  ones car can be a god etc. etc.  so explain to me ok-- I can understand your non belief in the religious view of God but do you honestly believe life just happened  ???

not just happened, but through a process taking millions even billions of years

I myself do believe in an higher intelligence but I do not believe in all the other hocus pocus to sooth the irresponsibility of ones own actions. Religion like anything else in this life has its good and its bad-A wise one would sift out the bad and use the good to better ones self. I believe in sharing when the opportunity arises but I think it wrong to impose/or force one into believing a way of life that does not suit them. Whats wrong with that??

nothing is wrong with that, i wish there were more people in this world with your mindset

Do you not believe in the golden rule?  unselfish love?  thats what it is truly about --all else merely causes people to separate and hate . Why because it is pride and selfishness to control the minds and actions of others.  To me it is an insecurity and a personal problem but so many do not realize that, only because they do not know themselves.  I am always learning ;-)

love Debi

599000[/snapback]

i do believe in the golden rule (with out the beleif of god either happy.gif ) and i am always learning as well thumbsup.gif

[;-)

hey there

you see we miscommunicated------- I was referring to words ;-( I am very aware of other forms of communicating ;-) And also It was my mistake Once again I should have expressed it more clearly so that we would have connected- my mistake ;-( We were not on the same wave length and that too can misconceive others. But in reality we do find similarity ;-) Hey I don't argue scientific theory but all in all there has to be a superior being of sorts. Actually I see science as natures religion ummm but just as with mans religion --where man has run amuck with all sorts of dogma and traditions-- man is running amuck with nature destroying it with the very sciences nature has taught man. Is it not agreed that man learned from nature?

why do people find it so hard to belive in a supreme bieng? there couldnt have been energy or any sort of matter at all if NOTHING EXISTED!

you have to realise that science CANNOT answer everything it has limits just like everything else. therefore if nothing existed there MUST be a supreme bieng without a doubt. and whoever thinks that religion limits your happiness in life is dead wrong, I just have to follow 10 rules in life, and if I forget to, I just ask for forgiveness. simple as that. and whoever said that

"I asked god for one thing in my life and he never gave it to me"

BOO FRIGGEDY HOO! mad.gif you think everyone else hasnt, just cause he "didnt" answer you does not mean that he has forsaken you, or that he doesnt exist, it means that it was HIS WILL,DESTANY! sh** happens in life,get used to it.

scientists spend so much time trying to figure out the origins of the universe through science WITHOUT EVEN CONSULTING SANE COMMEN SENSE!

and yeah, I cant explain how God came to be BUT that is not the question on our hands here,the question is the origin of the universe. and the universe sure as hell was CREATED! yes.gif

there couldnt have been energy or any sort of matter at all if NOTHING EXISTED!

Nothing is more figuratively speaking though. You've got to realise, the big bang doesnt say everything came from nothing. Pre singularity, they have no idea about.

therefore if nothing existed there MUST be a supreme bieng without a doubt.

Impossible. Wanna know why? A supreme being is something.

and the universe sure as hell was CREATED naturally!

Edited by Stellar