Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

67% chance that God exists ?

UM-Bot

Well... my dog showing me she wanted to go outside by sitting infront of the door and scratching it I'd consider a form of communication...

647307[/snapback]

theres that gorilla that knows sign language too, but im talking from a more general perspective

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stellar

• seeking

• Mr. Gj Philosophy

• whoa182

And regarding on evolution, are humans on top of the evolutions?

No. Dont even look at it that way. Humans are not the goal of evolution.

647307[/snapback]

so why human evolve as human? why we are more dominant than the other creatures?

647307[/snapback]

so why human evolve as human? why we are more dominant than the other creatures?

648382[/snapback]

In evolution, creatures evolve to best suit their environment. Some get speed, some get strength, we got intelect. We used that intelect to dominate the other creatures. Keep in mind that if Homo Floresiensis or even the neanderthal hadnt gone extinct, we wouldnt be the only dominant ones.

• 2 weeks later...

647307[/snapback]

648382[/snapback]

In evolution, creatures evolve to best suit their environment. Some get speed, some get strength, we got intelect. We used that intelect to dominate the other creatures. Keep in mind that if Homo Floresiensis or even the neanderthal hadnt gone extinct, we wouldnt be the only dominant ones.

648513[/snapback]

Bacteria are far better at living in pond scum than human beings. If living in pond scum is important to you, bacteria are far more evolved than humans.

Chimps are much better at making a living from eating leaves, fruit, bugs and some meat than humans. Chimps are therefore more evolved than humans.

Humans didn't "evolve as human". Our ancestors made their livings as well as they could. Those who were a little bit better at finding food or avoiding predators were slightly more likely to live long enough to breed or had more children per couple. Over vast time, those slightly better suited for conditions left slightly more offspring and the eventual result is us. If Africa was a little colder, a little wetter, had different plants or animals, humans would be quite different than they are now, if the line didn't go extinct before now.

There is no such thing as perfect DNA. Human DNA is crowded with imperfections. We have scores of genetic diseases. I'm cross-eyed like many in my family. That's hardly perfection. Humans have hosts of diseases and frailties from genetic code that hasn't evolved out or evolved to better suit us.

As for DNA getting more complex, I don't know why Creationists say DNA can only get less complex. I don't get it. There's one way DNA can add genes. Many of our genes are suspected to have been added to our genome from infectious organisms, such as bacteria and viruses. That increases the number of genes. Further mutation and natural selection continue to change the new organism.

Mitochondria (needed in complex animal cells to process food into energy) were probably once free-swimming single-celled organisms that got incorporated into early animal cells. This could have been the result of cells being "infected" with the proto-mitochondria organisms or else they may have started cooperating like the semi-autonomous cells of a jellyfish, and over vast time and under natural selection, become incorporated into the single cells.

Choroplasts (green organs that convert sunlight, CO2 and water into food in green plants) were probably once separate plant cells that got incorporated.