Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Womans intuition is a myth

Walken

Female intuition is a myth, suggests researchpublished today.

A study of 15,000 people found women are no more intuitive than men, even though most women thought they were.

Participants were asked to spot genuine and fake smiles. Men spotted 72% correctly compared to womans 71%.

Before the study 80% of woman rated themselves as highly intuitive, compared with just 58% of men.

Psychologist Professor Richard Wisemen, from the university oh Hertfordshire, who led the internet survey, said "These findings question the notion woman really are more intuitive than men."

Source: The Daily Mirror.

• Like 1

That really is silly. You are basing this conclusion on a few smiles?? original.gif Women are more sensitive than men, generally, although, not on an individual basis (at times). Sometimes a particular man is more sensitive than a woman.

Women's intuition is lengendary and their sense of hearing heightens after having a baby, so as to hear the baby's cries or any danger that might be lurking. When a woman bonds with her child she connects on a psyhic level too and has premontions of danger, illness, death etc etc. ...for her child. Psyhics are traditionally women....more women than men. Check it out. The female is more sensitive to the paranormal. (Sounds logical as she is more sensitive, period).

That really is silly. You are basing this conclusion on a few smiles??

Well I'm yet to see any proof for womans intuiton...

Women are more sensitive than men, generally, although, not on an individual basis (at times).

Amazeingly rather than blast you for sexism, which seems to be a trait at the moment, I'm going to agree with you, but only because of the way you put it happy.gif

Women's intuition is lengendary

So are dragons, the loch ness monster, Bigfoot....

their sense of hearing heightens after having a baby, so as to hear the baby's cries or any danger that might be lurking

Once again, I'm yet to see any proof of this.

When a woman bonds with her child she connects on a psyhic level too and has premontions of danger, illness, death etc etc.

No.....she doesn't, and if she does it's not a full gender trait and is in no way proven.

Psyhics are traditionally women....more women than men.

I beleive in psychic powers, but in this arguement, as theres no proof of psychic abilatys ever, this statistic is impossible to prove.

The female is more sensitive to the paranormal.

No she's not. Firstly, in my experience, it's the other way around. Secondly, as theres no proof of the paranormal, this statistic can't be proven and cannot be considored an arguement.

Baloney. I firmly believe in women's intuition. That or men are just insensitive and inconsiderate. Sorry guys. I haven't met a man yet that couldn't use the deep insight a woman has to offer. original.gif

I havent met any proof of womans intuiton yet, apart from a bunch of ladys saying 'Its true!' and then loading us with false and irrelevent statistics.

Sorry Lila, but these stats clearly show that most woman beleive in it, and that they're more intuitive than men, but these statistics actually prove vice versa.

Walken... Where do you get these ideas? grin2.gif I've done a lot of research and study, maybe 'you' could look some of this stuff up. I think you are just testing your debate wits...aren't you getting ready for that big debate on feminism?

Edited by Babs

I am, but I can see you feel very strongly on this subject. Perhaps you'd like to take it to the debates ground with me?

You can, and thats why you do, the same reason 80% of woman do, despite the fact that the statistics show men are more intuitive.

haha I thought it was just because they could never make up their mind, processing so many different possibilities flipping between left and right sides of the brain that when one is right it gets labeled as intuition and then there's a bunch of them so it seems it happens with regularity...

This is insane. Men are more intuitive than women?! grin2.gif Yeah, I guess you would use that intuition for hunting...it would take a lot of intuition to kill an animal. sad.gif

I think you are just sharpening your claws, Walken.

Nah, I believe it because I haven't witnessed anything to tell me otherwise. So let's just agree to disagree. 

....?

These statistics tell you otherwise.

I guess you can stop beleiveing in it now then.

innocent.gif

Womans intuition is a myth.

no ****.

Baloney. I firmly believe in women's intuition. That or men are just insensitive and inconsiderate. Sorry guys. I haven't met a man yet that couldn't use the deep insight a woman has to offer.  original.gif

568707[/snapback]

You would say that wouldn't you.

I havent met any proof of womans intuiton yet, apart from a bunch of ladys saying 'Its true!' and then loading us with false and irrelevent statistics.

568713[/snapback]

Precisely.

I've never put much stock in statistics. I go on what I've experienced. Of course, I am a law unto myself, but that's beside the point.

Well done Cpt. You're one of us now original.gif

You're now provideing MORE of an arguement to the statistics. Don't the statistics say that the majority of women folk will beleive in it?

What exactly have you experienced that somehow defys all logic and proof put fourth?

This is insane. Men are more intuitive than women?! grin2.gif  Yeah, I guess you would use that intuition for hunting...it would take a lot of intuition to kill an animal. sad.gif

568734[/snapback]

You could use intuition for hunting, why not ?

You seem to be confusing intuition with sensitivity, which is a different myth.

This is insane. Men are more intuitive than women?! grin2.gif  Yeah, I guess you would use that intuition for hunting...it would take a lot of intuition to kill an animal. sad.gif

568734[/snapback]

I could just as easily say - what do you use your intuition for - doing the washing up ?

Edited by cptblackbeard

This is insane. Men are more intuitive than women?!

More proof of that than vice versa.

Yeah, I guess you would use that intuition for hunting...it would take a lot of intuition to kill an animal. 

SEXISM! SEXISM!

Oh great, now you've awoken the beast.

I have to ignore that. But I will add a counter arguement, just for balance.

The arguement is irrelevent, bias, unreliable and emotional. It cannot be taken into account, proves nothing, and shows you're just clutching at straws to prove a point.

Maybe I am, but even so, saying that doesn't make you right; it doesnt discount anything I've said.

What do you know? original.gif I'm surprisingly skeptical latley.

CPT, I was about to blast you for sexism to, but I realise what you said about washing up is completley warranted.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but they sure do make me feel better thumbsup.gif

be nice to them 

Who/Why?

women...

cause they're pretty? I just don't want them to get all emotional if their intuition is questioned... they're not so pretty when they're crying...

is that sexist?

I'm not blasting woman, just responding to sexist, inappropriate and bias comments portraying men as insensitive murderers and woman as more worthy.