Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Site Announcement

Saru

Well, after only four days with the new host, I had found myself being messed about by them to such an extent, that I took the decision to cancel the account with them and have moved us back to the host we were using previously.

All the errors, disappearing topics, site 'suspensions', downtime and SQL bugs are now gone completely, all of them attributable to the host that has now been dropped in favour of the older, stable host that we've been with for the last two years, and that we will probably be staying with for the forseeable future at least.

To rub salt into the wound, having been locked out of the shell interface on the new host, I haven't been able to transfer any posts or private messages that have been made on the board during the time we were with them. Thankfully this only amounts to four days worth, and I have been able to save the information for any new members who joined during that time, and will be adding that to the forum shortly.

I'd like to apologise for all the problems that have dogged the site for the past week, and thankyou to everyone for sticking with us during this time.

Everything should be more or less back to normal again now.

smile.gif

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Magikman

• Kira

• schadeaux

Top Posters In This Topic

All members who joined during the last week have now been re-added to the forum. All member accounts should now be fully functional again.

sad.gif That really is unfortunate, especially considering all the time and effort you put into switching things around. Hopefully the bad experience wasn't a particularly expensive one for you. sad.gif Obviously the good news is that you're back bounce.gifbounce.gifbounce.gifbounce.gif

MM,

Thankfully I only registered with them for a month, so no, it didn't cost me anything to speak of.

I'm just highly thankful I didn't sign up with them for a year's worth - it's always a good idea to test the water so to speak, before making any major decisions when it comes to chosing a new web host.

Good work, SaRuMaN.

Like Harold J. Putterman said...

I forget what Harold J. Putterman said.... huh.gif

Anyways, Good to have us all back.user posted image

this morning 5am ..... ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif ..

rolleyes.giflaugh.gifsmile.gif Thank Gods you're back.. saved my sanity well nearly been ordered back to bed by your mum is enough to drive any one mad!!!!

kiss.gifkiss.giftongue.gif

To rub salt into the wound, having been locked out of the shell interface on the new host, I haven't been able to transfer any posts that have been made on the board during the time we were with them.

Nutbunnies. sad.gif My awe inspiring VAMPIRE CHICKIE poem has been lost to those thieving snakes. I should sue. mad.gif

tongue.gif

Edited by Magikman

:o You mean to say you wrote a poem for me and Halo.....

ahhhh no we'll never see it... going to go and Bite those web hosts now

Edited by Magikman

Great work SaRuMaN, although it's a pity about the lost info. It's nice to have the forum back and running smoothly. biggrin.gif

So glad everything's smoothed out for you SaRuMaN! Sorry you had to

go through so much.

So glad everything's smoothed out for you SaRuMaN! Sorry you had to

go through so much.

I agree wub.gif

Did you lose those naked pics I posted of myself too ................ Damn unsure.gif

That is really sad sad.gif

but I wish that we could have the replies on the topics back sad.gif

But thank you SaRuMaN for bringing every thing back to normal wub.gif

Did you lose those naked pics I posted of myself too ................ Damn unsure.gif

Kismit,

I saved those pics, and let me say you are one hot chick wub.gifwub.gif

SaRuMaN,

I appreciate all the effort you have done to make improvements on this forum. Some work, some don't, but you learn from each experience. I'm glad everything is back running smoothly again smile.gif

Kimm,

The forum has been running on this host now for two days since the transfer, with several hundred new posts in a variety of topics. It's impossible to re-implement the posts from the other host now, the topic ID's and other details all clash with what has now been posted here.

It was a case of either getting the forum up and running on here as it is now, or sit for a week staring at a 'board offline' message waiting for the shell access to be restored, with no guarantee of ever recovering any of the posts.

Gareth,

Can you check to see if you would be able to repost the pictures that used to be in this THREAD?

There we go, found the original attachments in an old backup and I've now reposted them to the Barbados Vault thread.

cool.gif