Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"RODS" Poll

Guest Guest

I'm sure we've all heard of these "rods", but what are they? They appear to be alive with fish-like intellegence. I've came up with a few ideas, some are more outlandish then others. worms, dragon flies, or flies, electricity, static electricity, spy cameras :D , aliens ::) , ufos, flying squids, astral visions by humans. I could make up many more.

I was thinking when people have astral visions they can travel where ever there mind wants and maybe there is some type of a physical body they are in.

Any thoughts? I tried to find models of static electricity, but most look just like lightning. The only thing that comes close is the discovery of those new squids, but they live in deep waters.

MeNtAlCASE  

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mystify

• odinsupreme

• uranium101

• Sukato-San

Odin,

Sorry for the late reply, but if you are interested in learning about 'rods', it has already been discussed in the UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS category. Here's a link to the thread;

click here

MAGIKMAN :)

The astral body would I think appear in one of two forms to a veiwer:

1.  as a ghost like form, with all the limbs and things intact, but the body would be see-through.

2.  as a small ball of light.

• 2 weeks later...

Althalus,

IF that be the case.... would that not explain alot of ghostly sightings....

Oh and about those rods.... never mind

I guess I`ll go to the other discussion for that  :P

Well, to be perfectly honest, I expect/believe rods to be one of the best performed hoaxes ever. In every picture I have seen, the photoshoppery was fantastic, yet visible. The animations? A farce of the first degree. One comes to mind of a young boy, where they extremely slowed down his movements, and you can plainly see the rod fly into view, around him, and back out of the frame again, SMOOTHLY.

Problem - You slow down the animation as much as they did, it becomes blatantly obvious to you the difference between frames. Meaning : You can see each frame seperate. This animation was supposedly digitally ripped from a standard 8mm camcorder, which film at approximatley 24.7 (although some show as high as 30) frames per second. That means :

1 second of animation = 24.7 individual images.

They were using a snippet of about 6-10 frames, stretched to run two seconds. when I pulled the animation apart in Premiere, it was at 30fps, In each and every frame, the rod changed, while the boy changed about every 10 frames. Something wrong with that, if you ask me.

~Chris

• 1 year later...

They're not really outlandish. They're probably been forever but we rarely see them.

Rods are just a wierd effect of flying insects and video cameras.

sorry magikman, but your link doesn't work and i have no idea what rods are...

I also think that rods are just a trick of cameras and insects. whistling2.gif