Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Domain Name Servers

Saru

I've become aware that one or two people might be experiencing a problem, whereby upon coming to the site/forum, you are reaching the 'forum offline' page on the other host, the one we just moved away from.

This is because some ISPs take longer to fully update their domain name servers than others. The site has actually been running for the last day and a half on the current host, with no problems. If your Internet Service Provider's domain name servers have not fully updated, you may still be reaching the previous host instead.

I know this is quite confusing - I myself have experienced this problem today and yesterday at various times. Some ISPs have more than one domain name server, so in some cases the site the domain is pointing too keeps changing for some people depending on the domain name server used at the time of connecting.

Rest assured this will sort itself out once the correct domain information filters through all the domain name servers on the web - this process will usually take 72 hours to fully complete ( 48 hours gone already ).

From what I've seen very few people are experiencing this problem, but it does exist nonetheless. This is not a problem with this web site or our web host, it's simply caused by the fact that it takes a little while for everything to fully update now that we've changed the domain pointers back to this host again.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Bizarro

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic