Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant Spider

Naveed

I hear something about a spider called the "Monkey Eating Spider" or something that is bigger then any tarantula (and from the descripition it's not one) that has like some pincher type things and lives in India or Indonesia or something and is occasionally killed by hunters. Anyone ever hear of this before? I'm thinking it might not be real cuz I couldn't find anything on it anywhere. My fiancee's sister's fiancee told me about it.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kenshinx

• ~Onyx~

• thepsychoticseaotter

• the_sasquatch_hunter

wacko.gif Monkey eating SPIDER...... I don't think so, there is a Bird eating Spider

See Here

I'm sure if a new species of spider that could eat animals that size was found, we'd all know about it. But hey you never know, theres still alot of new creatures to find in this world. smile.gif

I have never heard of the Monkey eating spider Naveed . I was allways of the belief that the Bird eating spider is the largest species of spider in the world , and capable of growing as large as a dinner plate .

I hate spiders... sad.gif

I can't find anything on the net about monkey eating spiders, I found a lot of things to do with spider monkeys, but thats about it.

I suppose we should be thankful that there are no such things as flying spiders, imagine having a tarantula buzzing around and landing on you when you least expected it.

*shudder*

blink.gif

I'm glad I read this today instead of tonight, or I'd be

having bad dreams about spiders ((((cringe)))) unsure.gif

Somehow I figured that monkey spider thing was a bunch of crock. The bird eating one is freaky though. Some ppl actually keep those as pets, believe it or not. I was reading up on tarantulas awhile back because I was going to go buy myself one as a pet.

Haha, I wasn't gonna get a bird eater, just a small common pet tarantula. Lol...everyone hates this idea but my fiancee, me, and one of my friends.

• 1 month later...

I think i heard somewhere that in the prehistoric times that spiders could grow as large as small cars..... reminds me of EightLegged Freaks.

But that may seem exaggerated but i believe there are crabs in the Caribbean that can grow almost as large...

The biggest spider in the world is the goliath spider. One of it's leg's can grow up to 18 inches long. That's pretty huge. They're found in africa and they eat them for dinner there. Basement spiders are the biggest in north america i think. Mostly found in Canada. I've never seen one but they're supposedly the size of someone's head and they're dark black.

But that may seem exaggerated but i believe there are crabs in the Caribbean that can grow almost as large...

The largest crab in the world is the Giant Japanese Spider Crab, that can grow up to an incredible 10-12 feet in length.

Here's a link to a page with a picture of one particularly large example:

Click Here

You do not want to meet one of those when going for a swim.

dontgetit.gif

• 1 month later...

hey all, im doing a paper on the biggest spider in the world, i guess everyone is right, but i have heard of that spider, i cant remamber the name of it, but it had monkey in it and it wasnt the monkey spider, i cant find anything on them but iv heard it to, not sure where thou it was a long time ago, but it wasnt from a kid, i think it was from a teacher, anyways just lettiong you know that laters

Ghostfacekillha alien.gif

Wow thats one big crab....didn't even know they exsisted huh.gif

I've never been afraid of spiders, snakes etc. in fact I'm the one who normally picks our eight legged house guests up to take them outside.....my partner screams like a girl when he see's one.. rolleyes.gif

Disgusting.....

I hate spiders of all types, especially hairy ones.....hates them....

I was watching a show about Spider crabs yesterday!

Weird looking things aren't they!

I also don't like spiders. Their legs just make me feel sick.

I don´t like spiders either. But I don´t kill them. (soft hearted remember??)

I take, and release them outside or in the basement ( if winter )