Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Amateur video purportedly shows 'huge' Bigfoot

UM-Bot

find it hard to believe a creature of that size shows up for the first time, if it were real someone would have spotted it before in my humble opinion.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheOriginalF

• Sweetpumper

• jeceris

• Neo2005

I need to look at this video

583520[/snapback]

yeah.

i think we all want that.

why don't you get in your car and drive, what 2-3 hours north, and let us know what you see.

583531[/snapback]

hey neo, i just did a mapquest search and saw that it's 500 and some miles to norway house from winnipeg, only a 10 hour drive it says.

what are ya waiting for ?

I might acually go this weekend.

I'll let you gys know if i find anything!

Defiantly bringing my camera thumbsup.gif

canada news

Friday, Apr 22, 2005 

Zoologist questions Manitoba Bigfoot sighting

WINNIPEG (CP) - Despite mounting excitement over a reported sighting of Bigfoot in northern Manitoba, a zoologist is warning people not to believe the hype.

"I would say I'm very skeptical, because indeed most of these purported sightings prove to be hoaxes in the end," James Hare, a professor at the University of Manitoba, said in an interview Friday.

"There is absolutely no credible scientific evidence of the existence of Bigfoot or Sasquatch or whatever you want to call it."

Many residents in the remote community of Norway House are thrilled about a two-minute, 49-second piece of videotape shot by ferry operator Bobby Clarke last weekend.

Hundreds of residents have visited Clarke's home to see the tape. Some say it shows a large, hairy creature walking upright in the Nelson River.

Clarke has stopped showing the videotape and is hoping a media outlet will pay a lot of money for it, said a relative who did not want to be identified.

Clarke travelled to Winnipeg earlier this week to look for a company that could enhance the video image, but was back in Norway House on Friday and not returning calls.

Dang! this dosen't look good hmm.gif

Here's a short video clip, which although doesn't include the actual footage, shows the location it was shot and describes what was in it :

Click Here

( Quicktime Player required )

People have been camping, hunting and fishing in that area for years and not once has there ever been a reported sighting of Bigfoot. I only know this b/c I was born and raised there. I too would like to see the video but unless I have $$$ to pay for the new 4x4 chances are pretty slim. I think he should just let the media show the video. What does he need the money for anyway??? Houses are provided by the band, you don't pay property taxes and education, medical and everything else is pretty much taken care of for you. His wife states he's stressed out, give him one week in the real world away from the sheltered life of Norway House Cree Nation then he can talk to me about STRESS.

I personally think it's a hoax. It was probably one of the kids from the treatment centre or a resident of Cross Lake both located less than a 1/2 hour away playing a trick on him. disgust.gif

Creegirl... welcome to UM.

I love the idea of a Canadian Bigfoot... "Grrrrroooowl arooooh-eh?" tongue.gif

This fellows making me angry...show us the dang video already! I understand holding out for money (I would probably do the same), but cripes get on with it man!

This fellows making me angry...show us the dang video already! I understand holding out for money (I would probably do the same), but cripes get on with it man!

590516[/snapback]

In good time... be patient, I am sure it will be worth waiting for... or just another man in a suit?

Yes patience is a good thing, I was just kidding anyway. I would like to get around to actually seeing the video though just to see what all the hoopla is all about. The problem with making everybody wait is your building up peoples expectations of what they are going to see, and I'm sure that people are already beginning to make up there minds one way or another. As soon as the video actually shows up people will be trying to use it to prove their point instead of just viewing it form a fresh perspective and making a judgement based on what they see. Others will probably be expecting to see something so unbelievable that they will wind up being disappointed with just about anything that is on that tape. Either way it would have been nice to have seen the video fresh without having prior discussion/knowledge about it's contents.

Edited by TheOriginalF

I agree and you wait and see it will probably be crap... a real anti-climax after all this wait.

Exactly, I personally think it's either going to wind up being a fake or shot from so far away that it will too small or blurry to judge one way or another. So yes I'm sure after all of the talk and speculation it will just be a huge let down.

Clarke Bigfoot Video Sold

To US Television Show

From Loren Coleman

lcoleman@maine.rr.com

4-28-5

Winnipeg Free Press

Relatives say a northern Manitoba ferry operator has sold an unnamed U.S. television show his video footage of a large, dark figure that some are describing as Bigfoot.

Langford Saunders, the uncle of videographer Bobby Clarke, says there were multiple offers for the two minute, 49 second tape. On April 16th, Clarke was operating an automobile ferry on the Nelson River when he claimed to have seen a dark figure walking upright on the riverbank. Clarke says he grabbed his camcorder and recorded the figure looking directly at him, then turning around and heading back into the bush.

Relatives say the creature was at least eight feet tall.

I cant wait to see this! w00t.gif If its a fake,the suit has gotta be pretty freakin good being as the creature is about 8-10 feet tall.

I have a good feeling about this one. ohmy.gif

It could be CGI but a Yeti in front of a blue screen would be like a red rag to a bull. huh.gif

People have been camping, hunting and fishing in that area for years and not once has there ever been a reported sighting of Bigfoot.  I only know this b/c I was born and raised there.  I too would like to see the video but unless I have $$$ to pay for the new 4x4 chances are pretty slim.  I think he should just let the media show the video.  What does he need the money for anyway???  Houses are provided by the band, you don't pay property taxes and education, medical and everything else is pretty much taken care of for you.  His wife states he's stressed out, give him one week in the real world away from the sheltered life of Norway House Cree Nation then he can talk to me about STRESS.

I personally think it's a hoax.  It was probably one of the kids from the treatment centre or a resident of Cross Lake both located less than a 1/2 hour away playing a trick on him. disgust.gif

587559[/snapback]

LOL. You know, I won't be surprised if that was true about the kids at the treatment centre or people from Cross Lake.

Well, I don't know what to think! hell Im related to the guy who shot the video, I still haven't seen it(but then again, I didn't ask to...I should!) so it looks like it could be a while til you see it. *shrugs*

bigfoot in the bushes! ooooohh, wow. What if he was, all I have to do is look outside tongue.gif

The video has apparently been sold to Fox to be shown on Current Affair, no date released as yet.

In Australia we've had no coverage at all of this story, so I just have to keep my eyes on the net waiting waiting waiting.......................

It would appear that the video has been sold, and maybe we can now all see what the fuss is about!!!!

This is the only news I could find on the sale and it's pretty vague so take it for what its worth

Newswatch 50

There has been discussion that the video will be aired this friday on Current Affairs, but I have yet to find anything to confirm that.

If this show is airing on Current Affairs I would'nt get to anxious to watch it.

P.S. Video gets shot in CANADA then the video goes to AMERICA only to be viewed on the AMERICAN FOX station. no.gifmad.gif

So for us fellow CANADIANS that only have basic cable we will not be able to view this footage when it comes out, it will be a waiting game till another company(discovery,National Geo, CBC, CNN, etc..) picks it up and decides to air it. angry.gifangry.gif

Edited by justin