Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Antarctic Mystery Lake and Deadly Creatures

informantnews

Antarctic Mystery Lake and Deadly Creatures

By Joseph Held - http://www.informantnews.com

This is part of a conversation I had with my friend Bill, a down to earth ex-air force man who's seen enough things to know we are not alone. Anyway, this has to do with Antarctica, it's kinda spooky, so I thought I'd share it.

Joe: Haven't heard anything more about Vostok lately. It's been hushed up.

Bill: Yeah! I noticed that. When I was working with old navy divers working on Ice Harbor dam I heard an interesting story. They were in the Antarctic diving in a secret location way below the ice. They wouldn't say where. They had one buddy that was deep and panicked when something came at him. Whatever it was got him. They said it was not a whale or shark because it was in a fresh water lake. Inland. These guys had been professional divers their whole life. Made me realize that these guys were either diving in Vostok or there is a similar place somewhere else in the Antarctic that is secret. They said they refused to work any more at that location and the Navy flew them out, debriefed, and discharged them. But it was supposed to be quite close to McMurdo station and that is a long way from Vostok. I listened real good. As you know stories are what keep me going. Yeah! They were diving at the dam working for me. I was the Foreman They were doing the underwater work on the new spillways. When they were out of the water decompressing I would chat with them and this story came out. Yeah! It rang my bell at the time. In light of the Vostok story it has renewed my interest in the conversation. Strange goings on at the bottom of the world. They said that the guy underwater said a few words. "It's horrible I don't have a chance!" and "Don't come down here." before he screamed. I would like to know the real story on that one. You know that these sorts of things contain only a grain of the real facts. But these guys were so serious. And they were a couple of real serious first rate people. I'm sure about the fatality they were too serious about that.

Joe: The facility wasn't the McMurdo station, but somewhere else?

Bill: No Lake Vostok is way up in the central part of Antarctica in the region the Russians have claimed. McMurdo is on the western coastline. Somewhere close to McMurdo in fresh water. I know that there is no such known place. But I'm remembering them saying something about fresh water in caves. And that it was secret. I remember the conversation started with me talking about Ham Radio and how my favorite radio contact had been with McMurdo station on CW. These two guys were real interested.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mr_halo

• Vallheru

• ROGER

• Johnsy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

could the divers have been oxygen deprived,which led them to hallucinate?mixing those gases to dive with,can be tricky i've heard.

who knows whats down there?

i mean creatures can live in these frozen oceans and temperatures...

plus many creatures in the ocean have yet to be discovered....

creepy unsure.gif

innocent.gif

well anything could be in there.. i have no doubt they saw somting.. i mean.. there are so many undiscovered Aqua-Creatures

well anything could be in there.. i have no doubt they saw somting.. i mean.. there are so many undiscovered Aqua-Creatures

581841[/snapback]

maybe there is creatures that hibernate most of the time due to the temperatures, but come out sometimes, this could explain why they aren't seen very often...

these creatures could be huge yes.gif

innocent.gif

hey it's like predator hell and hot water

Interesting, but inconclusive, i doubt there could be predators in the center of antartica, what would there be for them to eat? besides divers. Not alot of plant growth in ice cold frozen caves, and not any other animals likely

581841[/snapback]

maybe there is creatures that hibernate most of the time due to the temperatures, but come out sometimes, this could explain why they aren't seen very often...

these creatures could be huge yes.gif

innocent.gif

581925[/snapback]

ya i agree

Actually there is a fierce predator in Antarctica - the Leopard Seal. Incidentally, they have a very eerie, reptilian appearance. They have been known to attack and kill people. One of these could have certainly migrated to an inland lake, unlike a whale or shark.

Leopard Seal Kills Scientist in Antarctica

user posted image

user posted image

That thing about the seals is creepy, I thought seals were cute and friendly. mellow.gif

That storie that no one knows what happend is also creepy. blink.gif

This is the first time I've seen or heard of a leopard seal. It's like the pirrahna (sp)? of the Antarctica. What's scary from the article is that the seal isn't curious just to be curious. It may be sizing up its future prey.

Antarctica is another place I won't be going to see. ph34r.gif

I had trouble with the topic story so I read an article from" Universe Today"

July-13-2004 addition. the ASSUMED fresh water Lake" VOSTOK" is covered by 3700 to 4300 Metres of Ice. As of last year they didn't even have core samples that deep yet. Scientist are looking for other way to get to it for water samples. From radar and imaging the lake appears to be a closed system.

I really don't think a diver has been in the lake yet. The Women killed by the Tiger Seal was in the ocean and is the second person attacked.

alien.gif I also checked out the " Informantnewws.com" Sight. Not a great source of "NEWS" but it looks amusing. Some of the Really Bad Science I can use on other treads, were truth is not that important. rolleyes.gif

Interesting, but inconclusive, i doubt there could be predators in the center of antartica, what would there be for them to eat? besides divers. Not alot of plant growth in ice cold frozen caves, and not any other animals likely

582119[/snapback]

I tend to agree.

If you look for a logical explanation, you'd be hard pressed to find one. As Cor said, not much life around in the first place, thus, no big predators. Unless they wait all these years for a diver to come from the sky!! (unlikely).

On the other hand, if an unknown something is lurking around there....who knows then? I'm certain all Lovecraft fanatics can think of a lot of creatures that could be there!!!

As to the leopard seal, other mammals are known to attack humans from time to time (sperm whales-orcas) when felt threatened, so no big surprise here. If the poor girl tried to play with off-springs or went close to the nest....who knows....I'm certain though that humans are not part of their diet....

i suspect the case about the leopard seal seems to be as dramatic as shark attack.

hopefully media hysteria and misconception wont take hold, and more is studdied about these creatures and understand whether they see us as prey or a threat.

i suspect the case about the leopard seal seems to be as dramatic as shark attack.

hopefully media hysteria and misconception wont take hold, and more is studdied about these creatures and understand whether they see us as prey or a threat.

582465[/snapback]

The leopard seal is a horrible animal i remember reading a newspaper retelling the events of a seal attacking a young biologist.

it seems logical

The leopard seal is a horrible animal i remember reading a newspaper retelling the events of a seal attacking a young biologist.

it seems logical

582483[/snapback]

Not horrible. Just surviving. disgust.gif

Edited by AnimangaBloodThorn

it seems logical

582483[/snapback]

Not horrible. Just surviving. disgust.gif

582869[/snapback]

yep you are totally right. Sorry

Leopard seals are proabbly just defending their territory.

indeed there have been cases of leopard seals attacking and killing divers, mostly by pulling them under, i guess these creatures could explain the encounter...

and seeing one of those creatures up close while underwater would certainly be scary, i mean in that photo it looks like a monster....

i mean look at it unsure.gif creepy

innocent.gif

post-8538-1114108228.jpg

Edited by mr_halo

wow rednecks first pic sort of looks like nessie if u didnt no it was a seal

Someone mensioned that a predator wouldnt live there because of lack of food. But... look at snakes.. the dont eat very often at all, but when they do... they stock up. If something is down there then it could be just like that.. Lazy and slow moving untill it has a reason to move.. like.. Feeding time.

Someone mensioned that a predator wouldnt live there because of lack of food. But... look at snakes.. the dont eat very often at all, but when they do... they stock up. If something is down there then it could be just like that.. Lazy and slow moving untill it has a reason to move.. like.. Feeding time.

584089[/snapback]

Well, partially true. Snakes live in areas where their food is abudant or at satisfactory levels. But in a secret frozen lake? What can be living there? And snakes and other cold-blooded ones need a meal every month or so....

Anyhow, what could have happened there, if the story is true of course, is probably a type of a big reptilian and not any seal. A seal might be able to drag a small young female biologist but an experienced diver with knife and all....on the other hand, a knife is totally useless against a crocodile's hide....just a logical theory, nothing more.

584089[/snapback]

Well, partially true. Snakes live in areas where their food is abudant or at satisfactory levels. But in a secret frozen lake? What can be living there? And snakes and other cold-blooded ones need a meal every month or so....

Anyhow, what could have happened there, if the story is true of course, is probably a type of a big reptilian and not any seal. A seal might be able to drag a small young female biologist but an experienced diver with knife and all....on the other hand, a knife is totally useless against a crocodile's hide....just a logical theory, nothing more.

584374[/snapback]

Damn....I must be drunk....I am a sceptic and believer together....I offer a dispute and then cancel it myself!!! original.giforiginal.gif