Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sylvia Brown is a fraud...

JohnnyBoyC

'Lady: My parents both passed on recently and I would like to know if they are together happily in Heaven."

Sylvia Brown: "No, I am sorry they are both being punished in Hell and have ALWAYS hated each other, they just put on an act for you."

The lady ran out crying.'

What kind of mean b**** qould do that? :angry2:

WELL. I DIDNT SEE THIS PARTICULAR EPISODE, BUT IF IN FACT THAT IS WHAT SHE SAID THEN SHE OUT RIGHT CONTRADICTED HERSELF! IVE READ MANY OF HER BOOKS AND IN ALMOST EVERY BOOK (AND A COUNTLESS NUMBER OF TIMES ON MONTEL WILLIAMS) SHE STATES WITH CERTAINTY THAT SHE BELIEVES THERE IS NO HELL AT ALL....THAT IT IS SOMETING PEOPLE OF THE CHURCH HAVE "MADE UP" TO PUT FEAR IN PEOPLE TO MAKE THEM FOLLOW THE RELIGEOUS LAWS. SHE ALSO SAYS THAT WHEN WE DIE WE ALL GO TO HEAVEN :hmm: ...REGARDLESS OF WHAT WE'VE DONE HERE ON EARTH. SHE CLAIMS WHAT WE DO HERE ON EARTH WAS DECIDED BY US BEFORE WE WERE EVER BORN AND THAT WE CHOSE THIS "EARTHLY PATH" TO HELP US GROW AND LEARN SPIRITUALLY. SHE GOES ON FURTHER TO SAY THAT WHEN WE "CROSS OVER" WE NOT ONLY GO TO HEAVEN, BUT WE LOVE EVERYBODY WHEN WE GET THERE!!! INSTEAD OF A "HELL" SHE TALKS ABOUT THE "LEFT DOOR" WHICH IS WHERE PEOPLE GO WHEN THEY HAVE TURNED AWAY AND CHOSE TO DENY GOD. WHEN YOU GO THROUGH THIS DOOR THERE IS A NOTHINGNESS, A BLACKNESS, TOTALLY VOID OF GOD. SUPPOSEDLY YOU SPEND SOME TIME HERE AND THEN YOU EXIT THROUGH A DOOR THAT INSTANTLY PUTS YOU BACK INTO ANOTHER LIFE HERE ON EARTH. THE ONLY CATCH IS IF YOU ARE ONE OF THESE "DARK ENTITIES" AS SHE CALLS IT, YOU CAN NEVER ENTER HEAVEN. YOU JUST KEEP GOING THROUGH THE LEFT DOOR AND BACK INTO ANOTHER "DARK ENTITY" LIFE UNTIL THE END OF TIME, AT WHICH POINT YOU WILL ULTIMATLY BE REABSORBED :wacko: BACK INTO GOD HIMSELF AND YOUR SOUL IS NO MORE.

SO MY POINT IS...SHE'S WACKO!!!! I MEAN COME ON! TO INSIST OVER AND OVER THERE IS NO HELL AND THEN TO MAKE A COMMENT TO SOMEONE THEIR LOVED ONES ARE IN HELL AND HATE EACH OTHER MAKES SYLVIA LOOK LIKE A TOTAL WACKO!!! PERSONALLY, I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR A LONG TIME ON WHAT IS THE "TRUTH" SPIRITUALLY, AND AT FIRST I WAS EXCITED AND RELIEVED TO FIND SYLVIA AND HER BOOKS. BUT ONE OF MY PROBLEMS IS WHEN I FIND SOMETHING THAT SEEMS TO "LOOK" LIKE TRUTH I START TO DO RESEARCH AND PICK THINGS APART UNTIL I FIND THE HIDDEN "LIES" UNDERNEATH. EVENTUALLY THAT IS WHAT I DID WITH HER. THAT IS WHAT LED ME TO THIS FORUM ACTUALLY. I MUST SAY I AM EMBARRASED TO HAVE BELIEVED HER AT ALL, I THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER. AND IT ANGERS ME THAT SHES OUT THERE FOOLING SO MANY PEOPLE BECAUSE I KNOW THAT A LOT OF THESE PEOPLE ARE LIKE ME...THEY JUST WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH.

AND MY OPINION ON SYLVIA'S STATEMENT THAT EVERYBODY GOES TO HEAVEN NO MATTER WHAT THEY'VE DONE? ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THAT IS IF I HAVE TO SPEND AN ETERNITY IN HEAVEN WITH ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE HURT ME BOTH PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY THROUGH OUT MY LIFE...AND I HAVE TO LOVE THEM AS WELL....I'D RATHER NOT GO TO HEAVEN AT ALL.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• coldethyl

• JohnnyBoyC

• badpenny

Try turning your caps lock off, and then I may read your slandering lies about Sylvia.

"slandering lies" he he that cracked me up slightly. I would like to admit that I have been a fan of Sylvias for some time now, I try to make it a point of watching her every Wed. I think its quite entertaining to hear what she has to say about the way she sees things. And yes, I believe she does see them differently than others. She talks a lot about astral projection, and basically things that a lot of people experience, to some that may seem unbelievable. She is rather helpful to those who do have abilities and those who dont, so I find that if shes not hurting anyone, and is pretty much trying to help people...and has made a career out of it good for her. That was her "calling" I guess. Anyway just thought I would say something nice about her. If you have a talent that eventually you find many many people interested in and it takes up a lot of your life...try having a 9-5 job doing something that really possibly doesn't interest you. If that is what she is good at and she enjoys doing it shes gotta make a living somehow. She is her own Entrepeneur.

Her mannerisms are rather grotesque if I do say so myself.

Try turning your caps lock off, and then I may read your slandering lies about Sylvia.

It is not slander when it is true. She is a money grubbing fraud. If I actually believed in hell, I would wish she was burning there.

Ok. Smart guy. Here you go....I turned my caps lock off. Now you can read what I wrote about Sylvia. How is what I wrote "slandering lies" about her when I got the information from the many books that she's written? I didn't make that stuff up, that is the explanation that she gives in her books concerning the afterlife, heaven and hell. If she believes what she wrote in those books (or expects anyone else to believe them), then how can she go on the Montel Williams show and contradict herself by saying that those people were in hell and have always hated each other? Again, as Ive said before, I am trying to find out the truth about life, and the afterlife. If she is going to write these books with the vision of helping people discover these truths then I think she should believe them enough herself to not contradict herself on television. It only makes her and her books look like she's a fraud.

You don't have get on the defensive just because I believe one thing and you believe another. We are all entitled to our opinions and I thought by writing in to this forum I would get some insight on what other people think, not some smart remark about my entry bieng on "caps lock on". Oh, and if you didn't read my entry because the caps lock was on, then how could you conclude that what I wrote was a bunch of "slandering lies"?

You actually believe she is a genuine medium?

KTINA, you are correct in your conclusion that she does indeed contradict herself. Makes you wonder if she actually wrties these books, or even sits in the same room as the ghost writer (if she has one).

She's a fake Suave Ben, a money orientated charlatan! So sue my ass. :w00t:

You actually believe she is a genuine medium?

KTINA, you are correct in your conclusion that she does indeed contradict herself. Makes you wonder if she actually wrties these books, or even sits in the same room as the ghost writer (if she has one).

She's a fake Suave Ben, a money orientated charlatan! So sue my ass. :w00t:

I agree with the money remark you've made phenomenon. That was something else that struck me as funny. If you truly love people and have a gift from God that you want to use to make a difference in this world, then why charge so much money for your services that only a few people can afford? Sure, I know she has to make a living just like the rest of us but I remember when I first discovered her and I went to her website. I learned there that she charges $750.00 for a 1 hour phone consultation!!! My heart sank (at this time I thought she might be legitimate) when I saw how much she charged! Thats how much I make in a whole week!!!! You cant even email or write to her and have her (not one of her employees) respond to you without them putting an unreasonable price tag on it. So what....to those people who dont make a lot of money....are they not worthy or deserving of her "gift" and her services that she claims "she's doing for God"? If your doing something strictly for God then it seems money should not be so much of an issue. Again, I know she has to make a living like all of us but at the expense of innocent people? I mean come on, hasn't she made enough money through all of her books? She's always on the #1 Bestsellers list, so I'm sure she makes a good profit....why charge so much for everything if your "doing it for God"?

Omg I watched her yesterday in Montel and I found out that she's cming to Philly next month! so I got on the webpage to see more info about it, and aaall seats in the front rows are sold out!(75 bucks each). I was really surprised, I wanted to go because I'm curious, but I don't wanna be in the back, so I'll have to wait till next time :geek:

I vaguely remember something that struck me as odd when I was watching that show once...

A lady comes on and says that they found a petrified cat under their new house or something, and then some experiences that might indicate some kinda "ghost cat."

Sylvia says so matter-o-factly that the "ghost cat" is her "animal totem"

She says not a word about the petrified cat found in/under the house...

And that was the end of it. :huh:

It's a vague memory, but I feel it's accurate enough.

As a Sylvia Browne fan, I agree. She would never say those things. Source please.

Here is another of her "mistakes"

Sylvia is a FRAUD

Imagine the cold heart required to try and benifit from such a tragedy.

Not only is she a fraud, she also has no human decency what so ever. And as to her not taking up Randys challenge, there are other similar challenges offered by Universities and research societies world wide.

'Faith Healers: Divine Knowledge

Healers sometimes like to amaze their audience by knowing information about selected individuals, like name and address and the nature of an illness, that seems like it must have been received directly from God. Typically the information is gathered by the healer's assistants beforehand, perhaps by asking them to fill out "prayer cards" which are then collected. The healer, who has been trained in memorization techniques, is shown the necessary information which he later uses to wow the crowd. In one case, James Randi exposed such a healer who was receiving radio transmissions to a fake hearing aid he was wearing. An accomplice was sending him detailed information that had been gathered from people in the audience. '

Some frauds exist but many are true healers. Most healers do not ask for illness and have healed them perfectly with light.

Don't i know it, be very carefull with the whole third eye stuff though. For 5 years i've been trying to ap, i've had some success (very little). And i opened by third eye to far and it gave me some very bad things. Whatever you do, read up on everything you look at. It will definately help you in the long run. The only good thing is i do feel more psychic, i guessed how old my brother's in law's shorts were on the second try. I just had this wierd feeling about that certain number, or i saw it in my head. I'm not sure.

Sylvia Brown is such a phony! She is one of the biggest "psychic" scams out there. People, do not pay this woman any more money!

Sylvia Brown is such a phony! She is one of the biggest "psychic" scams out there. People, do not pay this woman any more money!

Exactly, Sylvia Browne, Alison DuBois etc = con artists and wasted money

I was watching Jerry springer and then i saw something on channel 11 thats was interesting about a psychic helping people with people that died. If anyone saw it or knows anything about it i just want to know if it's true what she saying .

I was watching Jerry springer and then i saw something on channel 11 thats was interesting about a psychic helping people with people that died. If anyone saw it or knows anything about it i just want to know if it's true what she saying .

I doubt it very much.

• 5 months later...

Check this link about her, a newsreport --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkbkkkT6ejA

She's a fraud.

This is the way I see it, if you are a psychic then you know when you are wrong, or not getting any psychic connection since the vibes won't be strong. But if she admits to not knowing or not getting psychic vibes off some people, then no one will want to pay her fees or even bother with her. People want a psychic that is always right and that is impossible. But that just makes her and others who lie to people the biggest frauds ever.

Check this link about her, a newsreport --- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkbkkkT6ejA

She's a fraud.

This is the way I see it, if you are a psychic then you know when you are wrong, or not getting any psychic connection since the vibes won't be strong. But if she admits to not knowing or not getting psychic vibes off some people, then no one will want to pay her fees or even bother with her. People want a psychic that is always right and that is impossible. But that just makes her and others who lie to people the biggest frauds ever.

If you give hope, they will come. She's a fraud and if an actress can be held accountable for a young fans dying of anorexia, claiming that star set a poor example, this twisted biotch should be sued so deep in her pockets, it takes her 20 years to find even a dab of lint! :angry: Then again, listen to her voice. It sounds like she's getting what she gives, because it sounds like her lying throat has cancer. One way to shut her up!

I've watched her off & on for years. I can't believe the majority of things she says, it just doesn't ring true. :no: I can't always put my finger on what is "wrong" with her readings, but it's kinda like when someone gives you a half-truth. You're not sure which part is true & which part isn't, but you know that something doesn't "add up".

Also I hate the way she plays with her stupid finger nails! I have long nails, but I don't constantly play or pick at them. That is such a nasty, nasty habit! Quit it or cut them off!!! :angry2:

Some of you have mentioned John Edward. I've read a few of his books & found them interesting, but a dream I had about him was even more interesting. My dad had been dead about 8 months & I was working as a resident manager of a motel. One day JE came storming in & asked if I was Glynne. I said that I was. He started saying that I had to give him answers for all these people who had passed cause they were driving him to the point of distraction! There were 8 people who had passed on that had numerous animals with them & they wanted answers. :blink:

What I believe triggered this, is that I was really struggling with one part of the grieving process...being angry at Dad for leaving us. Needless to say over the next week or so, I dealt with it in other dreams & unfortunately lashed out in my sleep! I punched dear ole hubby in the nose 2 nights running. :cry: 3rd night, he slept on the sofa. :blush:

O'Reilly did a thing about her. Saying something which I've forgotten. But he was also saying it was wrong for her to do it. It was also about when Shawn's parents went on The Mortel Show. And they asked her the result of their son & she replied he was beyond help. So that's another mistake. Good thing they found him alive.

You know what. A thought occured to me. She's probably hoping she's right on her 'guess.' ^^;; Sorry if that made no sense.

The career that gullible built! Sylvia's Angel

She is so full of it. She claims to be so spiritual but she's making up religion as she goes along. If she really believes in a higher power like she says she does then she should be afraid to close her eyes at night after all the flim-flamming she's done.

I don't know what that woman on Montel caught in her picture but Sylvia Browne had a field day with it. It could have been something in front of the camera lens. Shame on her! I have found out from talking to true believers in SB that they'll make excuses for her everytime she screws up. You can put her track record right in their faces and they still refuse to admit she's a con artist.

Her nail chewing just makes me sick. It's hard to tell what might be growing underneath those things. They look like talons on a huge bird of prey but they fit her because she's a vulture. :angry2:

I normally enjoy watching Montell (shhhhh ;) ) but whenever this woman "graces" the screen with her harrgard appearance and dragon claws I just have to change the channel.

I've sat and listened to her stories before. Let me tell you, her "amazing abilities" sound like a bunch of B.S to me. I consider myself quite open minded, (hence the reason I am here) but I cannot tolerate someone lying to anothers face about such sensitive issues.

It may make the person feel better, but I personally do not believe living on false hope. I think it can make people weak when they live in some sort of fantasy land that some clawed woman pulls out of her ****. With all of the evidence against her, I don't see how she has such a big following still. Perhaps some of what she spews out of that big gaping hole called her mouth may be true, but when a majority of it seems to be lies, the truth gets buried in it. Deeply.

Sylvia Brown makes me sick... I could only watch her for a few minutes on Montel's show before I had to change the channel. I was amazed anyone could believe so much BS from this person, I didn't trust her the minute I saw her... :hmm:

I'm so glad that family finally found their son! :)