Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sylvia Brown is a fraud...

JohnnyBoyC

I'm so glad that family finally found their son! :)

I heard about that. Thats absolutely disgusting that she told those poor desperate people that their son was dead. I know a lot of people may think that if people are stupid enough to go to her that they get what they deserve, but when you are that desperate sometimes you will just do anything to get answers because you run out of people to turn to. I don't blame those parents at all. I just hope they sue her!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• coldethyl

• JohnnyBoyC

• badpenny

Some of you have mentioned John Edward. I've read a few of his books & found them interesting, but a dream I had about him was even more interesting. My dad had been dead about 8 months & I was working as a resident manager of a motel. One day JE came storming in & asked if I was Glynne. I said that I was. He started saying that I had to give him answers for all these people who had passed cause they were driving him to the point of distraction! There were 8 people who had passed on that had numerous animals with them & they wanted answers. :blink:

Sounds like JE alright!

So Silvia Brown is a fraud and that shocks you.....how....exactly? If there were real psychics, there would be none because they would be rich and quiet.

So Silvia Brown is a fraud and that shocks you.....how....exactly? If there were real psychics, there would be none because they would be rich and quiet.

Speaking for myself, I'm disgusted not shocked. She's been up to her fakery for years so it's really nothing new except that lately people are starting to sit up and take notice. It's about time. :yes:

She is just a circus act. I too am glad not that she has been exposed for what she is but that that boy is alive. But, yeah if I were psychic I would be playing the lotto and living in Vegas.

I give her credit for one thing...she figured out how to get rich on other people being gullible.

That said...I think she is no more than a parasite on humanity.

I agree Gator, and she takes advantage of people in mourning... they are desperate, if they weren't in sooo much pain they wouldn't be so gullible to accept her pile of Ch*t. She charges out the rear to hear her useless crud.. they hinge on every word from her mouth, and she KNOWS IT---- These people would give anything to hear from their sons, or daughters, mother, fathers, etc,. I see what she does and its nauseating.

I feel uncomfortable calling anyone a fraud unless that person has been busted consciously deceiving others for personal gain. Sylvia Browne strikes me as really cheesy, and so I've avoided her work and can't give an informed opinion on it. It's certainly the case that she's been profoundly wrong about some very sensitive matters, and her willingness to make public conjectures about such cases seems in very poor taste. But for all I know, it's an honest mistake.

In any case, it's safe to say that anyone appearing regularly on Montel is not exactly a role model to me.

I feel uncomfortable calling anyone a fraud unless that person has been busted consciously deceiving others for personal gain. Sylvia Browne strikes me as really cheesy, and so I've avoided her work and can't give an informed opinion on it. It's certainly the case that she's been profoundly wrong about some very sensitive matters, and her willingness to make public conjectures about such cases seems in very poor taste. But for all I know, it's an honest mistake.

In any case, it's safe to say that anyone appearing regularly on Montel is not exactly a role model to me.

Well she's made more than enough "honest" mistakes in her career. If she was an honest person I think she would know that it was time to change careers!

Well she's made more than enough "honest" mistakes in her career. If she was an honest person I think she would know that it was time to change careers!

I have to agree with you Rouge Rat...I think if she were honest the handwriting would be on the wall for her. Her greed knows no bounds.

• 1 month later...
i throw up in my mouth whenever i see her.

check out this piece on her.....http://youtube.com/watch?v=dw_7sMKR8jo

Thanks for the link, 1stname. What a disgusting old witch she is to prey on people in pain. It may take a while but karma will eventually catch up with her. :yes:

Sylvia Browne is a disgusting hack who preys upon people like a vulture. Her writing is pure nothing more then airy, rambling, "Let me tell you about me me me!" bull she spoonfeeds the public.

I personally would laugh my ass off when an actual spirit from the otherside begins to haunt and torment her...or some p***ed off person came up and shot her in the face. Frauds like her deserve the bad things they get when they toy with peoples emotions.

I think it should be obvious to anyone of decent intelligence, that a chain-smoker who has like 30 very well-selling books out, appears regularly on the Montel Show, and charges $700 for a 30-minute phone conversation, is a complete and utter

SCAMMER.

It breaks my youthful little heart everytime I hear or read someone praise her. :no:

Several years ago my company had a small but expensive christmas party where they hired a cold reader to come in and entertain us before dinner. I wish I could remember his name now, but he used to have a Vegas show at Bali's or something.

He was VERY good... but he was also very clear about the fact that he was NOT a psychic. He pulled off the most bewildering stunt on me personally, I don't know how he did it, but he did. He asked my husband if he knew what my first pet's name was... my husband replied yes. He told both my husband and I to think of that name while he told me a story. They then guy stared me right in the face and started telling me a story about Babe Ruth and baseball.

By the end of the story, he stood up and said "I know what you're first pet's name was." I kinda grinned because my first dogs name was Brandywine Winchester the Third... .AKC mutt and I was thinking of her AKC name which I KNEW my husband wouldn't know.

I'll be dammed if the guy first said "It's wine.... " my husband started to shake his head no.... and if that guy didn't come right out and say "Brandywine" My husband stood up and said "You're part wrong!" and I had to look at him and say... no, actually he's dead right. So it was clear he was reading only me.

Never figured out how he did that, but he did. He did this over and over at the party too. Never did anyone write anything down, he just had someone else who knew the answer as well verify that he was right.

HE was a LOT better than Sylvia fraud Brown.

Several years ago my company had a small but expensive christmas party where they hired a cold reader to come in and entertain us before dinner. I wish I could remember his name now, but he used to have a Vegas show at Bali's or something.

He was VERY good... but he was also very clear about the fact that he was NOT a psychic. He pulled off the most bewildering stunt on me personally, I don't know how he did it, but he did. He asked my husband if he knew what my first pet's name was... my husband replied yes. He told both my husband and I to think of that name while he told me a story. They then guy stared me right in the face and started telling me a story about Babe Ruth and baseball.

By the end of the story, he stood up and said "I know what you're first pet's name was." I kinda grinned because my first dogs name was Brandywine Winchester the Third... .AKC mutt and I was thinking of her AKC name which I KNEW my husband wouldn't know.

I'll be dammed if the guy first said "It's wine.... " my husband started to shake his head no.... and if that guy didn't come right out and say "Brandywine" My husband stood up and said "You're part wrong!" and I had to look at him and say... no, actually he's dead right. So it was clear he was reading only me.

Never figured out how he did that, but he did. He did this over and over at the party too. Never did anyone write anything down, he just had someone else who knew the answer as well verify that he was right.

HE was a LOT better than Sylvia fraud Brown.

That sounds like loads of fun :) I bet that guy doesn't go telling people their missing children are dead either :D

Sounds like everything was in good fun.

it isnt that funny... :no:

Yes it is :))

Isn't 'Sylvia Brown' cockney rythming slang for clown? "Ere, stop Sylvia Browning about and get to work!"

from what i know of those who do have true psychic abilities, they consider it a gift from GOD to be used to help others, and would never charge for their services, (for traveling expenses maybe if they had to go a long distance) and would not take up those making the offers of money to prove it, as they would see it as prostituting the gift.

i have seen a sylvia a couple times. she uses basic psychological profiles to guess about relationships, flipping through her books in a store, i found nothing in them that had not been said by someone else. everything about her screams fraud to me. having studied the subject, i am of the opinion that she has educated herself well enough to be able to seem that she is genuine. another thing that makes think fraud is that she seems to have too many psychic abilities, most real ones have only one or maybe 2. (for instance somone that can pick up emotions, etc from objects may also be able to "see" -holding a doll found at an abduction scene, may pick up feelings of fear, and may also "see" a vehicle, or a person wearing a mask. or may only be able to do one or the other.)

sylvia seems to be able to do everything, if she is real, then she is a super psychic and would go mad from all the info she would be picking up.

Ok Johnny I am the Second Is 100% Lie with out a doubt and I know so

A) Sylvia Does not believe Hell, the Devil or people being sent to a hell like atmosphere, nor does she believe in a vengeful god and if she did say that it would hurt her business her career and wouldn't be invited back

B) She does actually have a conscience has always lived up to her mistakes on any psychic predictions.

Also she does not say thats easy

she also doesn't say let me guess that would imply fishing for answers and a cocky attitude i've seen most of her shows read most of her books I do believe that there are BS psychics out there I.E Miss Cleo

So from now Try telling the truth its alot easier to remember then your lies :tu:

i'm glad you brought that up... Sylvia said she believes in angels but not the devil... lol... the devil is an angel... that's like saying, i believe in people, but i don't believe in boys....

from what i know of those who do have true psychic abilities, they consider it a gift from GOD to be used to help others, and would never charge for their services, (for traveling expenses maybe if they had to go a long distance) and would not take up those making the offers of money to prove it, as they would see it as prostituting the gift.

i have seen a sylvia a couple times. she uses basic psychological profiles to guess about relationships, flipping through her books in a store, i found nothing in them that had not been said by someone else. everything about her screams fraud to me. having studied the subject, i am of the opinion that she has educated herself well enough to be able to seem that she is genuine. another thing that makes think fraud is that she seems to have too many psychic abilities, most real ones have only one or maybe 2. (for instance somone that can pick up emotions, etc from objects may also be able to "see" -holding a doll found at an abduction scene, may pick up feelings of fear, and may also "see" a vehicle, or a person wearing a mask. or may only be able to do one or the other.)

sylvia seems to be able to do everything, if she is real, then she is a super psychic and would go mad from all the info she would be picking up.

Yeah. Pretty much. True psychics really don't do anything but help people.

She's just a sickening person sometimes. From what I can hear from you guys.

i throw up in my mouth whenever i see her.

check out this piece on her.....http://youtube.com/watch?v=dw_7sMKR8jo

i've always thought she was a fake... i'm glad somebody out there is trying to stop her....

that video just shows how fake she is....

i'm glad you brought that up... Sylvia said she believes in angels but not the devil... lol... the devil is an angel... that's like saying, i believe in people, but i don't believe in boys....

Exactly! She says she's a Christian but she has all kinds of wierd ideas about religion. It's obvious that she's made all this stuff up. Have you ever watched people's faces when she tells them things? Sometimes you can tell they are totally confused but they don't want to disagree with her in front of Montel and his audience.

This has probably been posted but in case it hasn't this is a great site for the case against SB:

http://stopsylviabrowne.com/home/

:)

The reason she bites her nails or has her hands roaming around her face while giving a reading is because she lies. It has been psychologically established that this is one of the signs that someone isn't telling the truth. There are other clues, but this one definitely comes to mind when watching Silvia Browne. :whistle:

Exactly! She says she's a Christian but she has all kinds of wierd ideas about religion. It's obvious that she's made all this stuff up. Have you ever watched people's faces when she tells them things? Sometimes you can tell they are totally confused but they don't want to disagree with her in front of Montel and his audience.

This has probably been posted but in case it hasn't this is a great site for the case against SB:

http://stopsylviabrowne.com/home/

:)

Oh. Thanks for the link, Badpenny. <3 I'm reading something on it now.