Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sylvia Brown is a fraud...

JohnnyBoyC

not sure if anyone brought it up but about the second one about hell, I thought she said hell didn't exist?!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• coldethyl

• JohnnyBoyC

• badpenny

Exactly! She says she's a Christian but she has all kinds of wierd ideas about religion. It's obvious that she's made all this stuff up. Have you ever watched people's faces when she tells them things? Sometimes you can tell they are totally confused but they don't want to disagree with her in front of Montel and his audience.

This has probably been posted but in case it hasn't this is a great site for the case against SB:

http://stopsylviabrowne.com/home/

:)

that site is great, I have read her books, and with what I just read, I'm back to where I started, and I said, "I'll believe her if the aliens come in 2011 (it was 10, 11, or 12) like she said" lol

not sure if anyone brought it up but about the second one about hell, I thought she said hell didn't exist?!
She does say everyone goes to heaven. She needs to make up her mind. :rolleyes:

Yeah. Pretty much. True psychics really don't do anything but help people.

I agree, MoonPrincess, and what I also don't like about her is her attitude. I think if you're a true Christian(as she says she is), you will exude love and peace. She is totally the opposite, and frankly I'm surprised that Montel hasn't had a talk with her about her snapping at people in the audience. I know we all have our ups and downs and we all have suffered in one way or another, but people like Sylvia Browne who work daily with people, shouldn't put this negative attitude on them like she has.

Montel has MS, but he is positive and upbeat and doesn't let his condition affect his interaction with the audience.

linked-image

Anyone heard any updates on when Sylvia gets her photo spread in Maxum magazine?....I can not wait.

I heard it was Penthouse. :w00t:

She doesn't believe in hell but she believes in God? Sounds like she is just picking out the parts of regligion that benefit her.

My sis is talking about calling Sylvia Brown. I am doing my best to talk some sense into her. Told her if she wants to give her money away I would gladly take it,lol

She doesn't believe in hell but she believes in God? Sounds like she is just picking out the parts of regligion that benefit her.

My sis is talking about calling Sylvia Brown. I am doing my best to talk some sense into her. Told her if she wants to give her money away I would gladly take it,lol

Give her my phone #. If she wants to throw away money, then I would be happy to take it.

Edited by ericraven2003

Give her my phone #. If she wants to throw away money, then I would be happy to take it.

You'll have to stand in line,lol I can't figure out for the life of me why she watns to do this. It is such a waste of time and money.

• 1 year later...
Ok here is somthing I remembered her saying on Montel.

Lady: "Me and My children have horrible physical pain and visions of death at night. What do these mean?"

Sylvia Brown: "Oh thats easy in your sixth past life you and your children were put into a gas chamber and choked to death and died in there, leaving the physical pain and visions with you."

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

WTF!!!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Me and my mom craked up laughing and literally fell to the floor laughing at her! What kind of vision is that! She picked it up in less than 2 seconds!!!

Here is another one

Lady: My parents both passed on recently and I would like to know if they are together happily in Heaven."

Sylvia Brown: "No, I am sorry they are both being punished in Hell and have ALWAYS hated each other, they just put on an act for you."

The lady ran out crying.

Ok if that isnt enough here is one last one

Lady: Um I am taking up a new career becuse I quit my old one and I wanted to know if I am making the right choice."

Sylvia Brown: Let me guess you are quitting being a surgeon to be a teacher?

Lady: No I was a teacher who wants to be an Astronomer.

Lol she is so fake

I know this is old but I came across it and felt the need to point out that Sylvia Brown states in all of her books that there is no Hell. I don't think she's real either but this person here is blatantly lying just as she is.

For the record i don't believe in Hell but i do believe in God. Man wrote the bible as a way to control the population, what better way to make people behave than to threaten internal damnation for their ill deeds, especially back before science had any hold on us.

Edited by JenniferMoore

:angry:

'Lady: My parents both passed on recently and I would like to know if they are together happily in Heaven."

Sylvia Brown: "No, I am sorry they are both being punished in Hell and have ALWAYS hated each other, they just put on an act for you."

The lady ran out crying.'

What kind of mean b**** qould do that? :angry2:

That makes me really mad so mad that if I was that lady i would have punched her out. Nobody knows who is going to heaven or hell.

In the Book of miracles by Zoltan Andraddy, he mentions the case of a french priest.This priest's case for sainthood was up before Rome.

Well according to records and testimony given, there was a man condemed to death. Well in the old days, executions were often public affairs.

So this priest asked the condemed if he had anything to confess or say, and the man kept silent. Again the man was asked if he had anything to confess,and again the criminal remained silent.Then he was finally executed. The priest told the crowd that they were witnessing a soul going to hell.

When this information was reviewed by the comission,this priest's cause for sainthood was shelved.Why,because even though he might have been very holy

and did many good deeds,NO ONE knows who Jesus Christ sends to Hell or Heaven.

I do not care for this woman at all.

from what i know of those who do have true psychic abilities, they consider it a gift from GOD to be used to help others, and would never charge for their services, (for traveling expenses maybe if they had to go a long distance) and would not take up those making the offers of money to prove it, as they would see it as prostituting the gift.

You are very correct Odd Christian....

Not only would one not make money at it, also one would NEVER tell anything bad to a person that would hurt them...

Maybe beat around the bush to enlighten and help heal a situation in a round about way, but Never tell them bad.......

The fear of losing the gift is too high......Its a blessing that shouldnt be abused in any manner, way shape or form.

I went to Las Vegas last month and saw Penn and Teller (awesome show by the way). For one of their acts, they passed out some joke books had the audience pass them around as the act was going on.

Before the show started, there was an envelope on stage, and their opening jazz act was telling everyone to sign it.

During the act in question, Penn talked about psychics and how all of them are fake. Penn then gave a cold reading to a random member of the audience who was holding one of the books at the time. He just started firing off questions to the woman and got the joke she was reading in about 15 seconds. He then got the next person with the book to stand up, told them not to move a muscle so it would be harder for him to get a reading, and got the guy's joke with the guy just standing there.

The last part was the best, because the last person to get picked was my girlfriend :D he had her go up on stage and read a random joke in the book, but withhold the punchline. As she was reading it, Teller gets the envelope and rips it open, pulling out a piece of paper. as my girlfriend finished the joke and stopped at the punchline, Teller and Penn opened up the paper to read the punchline, "that isn't my dog".

Pen then talked about how that instead of jokes, imagine that he was telling you intimate things about your life, and your deceased loved ones. I love Penn and Teller, because their acts are always deeper than they seem. He especially talked about Silvia Brown and how she's a fraud.

The best part of the act? We got to keep the envelope and paper with all the signatures on it :)

edit: yes, I think she's a fraud

Edited by turelpld

Great story.

I wonder how on earth she justifies it to herself?

I actually own one of her books and couldn't really make up my mind about it until recently. I believe she is a major fraud.

If she quit smoking, she would single handely put Marlboro out of business. :P

Say it ain't so! Sylvia Brown a fraud??

<gasp!>

:huh:

As one of my dear friends used to say, "Ray Charles coulda seen that, honey!"

:D

She's not only a fraud IMO but not even an entertaining fraud.

She reminds me of a cross between a carny woman and a Marlboro-smoking, trailer-trash alky.

Say it ain't so! Sylvia Brown a fraud??

<gasp!>

:huh:

As one of my dear friends used to say, "Ray Charles coulda seen that, honey!"

:D

She's not only a fraud IMO but not even an entertaining fraud.

She reminds me of a cross between a carny woman and a Marlboro-smoking, trailer-trash alky.

LOL! You are sooooo right. :clap:

A relative of mine actually watches her every time she's on Montel (which has been cancelled, I believe) and buys what she says. I tried talking some sense into her, but now all I can do is shake my head.

Edited by timbeau

A relative of mine actually watches her every time she's on Montel (which has been cancelled, I believe) and buys what she says. I tried talking some sense into her, but now all I can do is shake my head.

Has Montel been cancelled or has Sylvia Browne been cancelled to appear on Montel??

My bad, I should've been more clear... the show was cancelled.

That's ok. I was wishful thinking that she'd been banished from the show.

hahahahhaha...

she said in 2007 that she will be working in montel for another 7 years...FRAUD after FRAUD...

Even other psychics confirm that she is a fraud. The horse is dead and rotting.