Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sylvia Brown is a fraud...

JohnnyBoyC

I just want to say that just because psychics may charge fees for their services, it doesn't automatically mean thay're frauds. Have any of you ever been to a real psychic before? I have, many times, and I can tell you that they have every right to charge a fee because you're paying for their time, just like you would any other professional that you would hire. The woman I work with not only does readings that are very very accurate, but she's affordable, and she teaches classes on how to develop psychic abilities as well. Her whole life is this- she cannont afford not to charge, otherwise she could not pay her bills. She left her regular job because she felt this was more important. I've seen her bring grieving people comfort, I've seen her say things that no one else could know about myself, and better yet, I've known her students before they had learned to develop any psychic ability themselves, and then saw them turn in to great psychics. These people are not frauds. Not all of them are little Sylvia Browne's waiting to happen.

Saying that though, the jury is still out on Sylvia Browne as far as I'm concerned. I think she may some ability, but I don't think she tries anymore, to be honest. I think she has let her ego get the best of her. I really do think she has some ability, but I don't think the care is there anymore, if ever. Sadly, she gives legit psychics a bad name. All I can say, is if you have never been to a legit psychic, then please don't judge. The real ones are not like Sylivia Browne and will not charge $700 an hour- she does that because she can and because she's famous- that is all.

For people who are seriously interested and open minded about seeing a psychic, just be careful- shop around, do your homework. Word of mouth is the best thing.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• coldethyl

• JohnnyBoyC

• badpenny

She predicted that in 2008, Brad Pitt and Anjelina would break up..They are now married and having twins (not that I care) but it was just funny!!jn

I saw Sylvia on that show with that fellow M M not Maury but the african american gentleman, "dang it' JN whats that guys name??? You know the one with all the hero stories and life challenge stuff??

Anyways the audience all ways say no to the questions she asks them. her predictions are never right or never happen, and I just want to snap that womans finger nails. OMG there so gross.

The Montel Williams Show , "woot, woot".

Edited by xCrimsonx

Whenever she is asked about missing people, a lot of times she's like, "Yup, they're dead." It really made me mad when the family started crying, and they wanted to ask more questions like, how, when, and where is the body? But she was like, move on, next question. You're an idiot for not knowing this anyway.

There is only one real psychic in the world today.

His name is Derek Acorah.

Just kidding.

Her nails scare the hell out of me.

Just kidding.

:lol:

You're so bad, Brahman.

:D

Thanks. I really needed that laugh!

:tu:

Her nails scare the hell out of me.

They're not such a threat really.

IMO it's a safe bet she won't be using those nails to scratch the back of some guy who's on top of her in bed.

Oops...

:blush:

;)

i don't know about this lady,but everyone of those tv ministers who claim to heal are all fakes!!!!

One of my friends has at least two of her books. I picked up one a few years ago (can't remember title) and browsed through it.

This one wasn't about predictions - it was about about the afterlife. Something like how we choose our life lessons

before we are born and that we have spirit guides.

She also said in the book that she was founding her own religion. I haven't heard anything lately in the media about how many

people have signed up and if she still planned on doing this.

I don't take what she said in the book all that seriously myself, just amusing ideas to think about.

My friend is a Christian who probably isn't going to convert. And this was well before the ending to the kidnapping case.

One of my friends has at least two of her books. I picked up one a few years ago (can't remember title) and browsed through it.

This one wasn't about predictions - it was about about the afterlife. Something like how we choose our life lessons

before we are born and that we have spirit guides.

She also said in the book that she was founding her own religion. I haven't heard anything lately in the media about how many

people have signed up and if she still planned on doing this.

I don't take what she said in the book all that seriously myself, just amusing ideas to think about.

My friend is a Christian who probably isn't going to convert. And this was well before the ending to the kidnapping case.

I think what she writes about the afterlife is what we'd like to think happens, doesn't make it so though, but people will buy into what she's saying because they're desperately grieving and she's saying what they want to hear. She's the worst type of parasite there is.

Little bit out off topic, but... "A self-proclaimed psychic who claimed to be capable of resurrecting the dead is awaiting a verdict from a Moscow court. Grigory Grabovoy is accused of taking money from people in exchange for promises to bring their relatives back to life."

. Finally...

• 11 months later...

Well i hate to have to be the latest person to step in lol but i know a lot about Sylvia Browne. She is someone who i find extraordinary whether or not she is a real psychic. If she is real she is awesome because she knows the future, and if she is not, she is awesome because she knows how to manipulate people into thinking the way she wants them to think. There was a comment made by someone that i believe need to be cleared up.

JohnnyBoyC said :

"Lady: My parents both passed on recently and I would like to know if they are together happily in Heaven."

Sylvia Brown: "No, I am sorry they are both being punished in Hell and have ALWAYS hated each other, they just put on an act for you."

The lady ran out crying"

Way to try and sound smart JonnyboyC but i hate to burst your bubble, making **** up about Sylvia Brown only sinks you to the same Lvl She is in if she is also Lying. Do your research first kid. Sylvia Brown has a religion of her own. Its called The Novus Spiritus. This is a religion that in a way combines many different religions. In it she clearly states that their is no such place as "Hell". Obviously you just made that up to sound smart, or "cool". If you got your information wrong than i am sorry I'm going off on you, but you should have double checked.

Before you start talking about someone, it is best that you do some reading up. I've been following Sylvia and listening to things she says and reading her books and making my own conclusions about her. I believe that hating without listening to what ever it is they have to say is immoral and shows how much you lack intellect. That not only goes to you Jonny, but everyone else who simply Hates Sylvia for the possibility of her being a fraud.

I have found some flaws and contradictions in her books but not enough for me to draw any closure. I like here, real or not she is a powerful lady, she doesn't force people to come to her, or pay hundreds of dollars for reading. Instead she bases her work on a foundation that allows people of all kinds to welcome her and her new age religion. unlike normal religion, Sylvia says "Take from me what you want, and leave what you don't" creating an open door for those whose religions have turned away from them maintain that sense of spirituality and love for god.

I'm not typing to change anyone's mind about Sylvia Browne. I'm typing to clear up her name, I'm not someone who supports her, but i am not someone who judges. She is a remarkable woman, who knows what she is doing. She is someone you will hate to love, and love to hate. soon enough she will be out of the spotlight and her son Christ will take over. He is someone we will be seeing more and more of. There will always be people who buy into stuff like this, however, it's good to not assume. Read into her and her works, learn about her, be smart if your gana try and bring her down, ignorance maybe be bliss, but it's selfish and stupid too. Right?

Lady: My parents both passed on recently and I would like to know if they are together happily in Heaven."

Sylvia Brown: "No, I am sorry they are both being punished in Hell and have ALWAYS hated each other, they just put on an act for you."

The lady ran out crying.

I'm sorry but I did find that funny. And people say the Internet is different than real life. This is the exact kind of thing I often see on internet boards.

And besides, only proper Christians who worship and obey get to go to heaven or so I've been told all my life. And it doesn't matter how good of a person you are, if you don't believe you go straight to hell and will be tortured for eternity.

So much for a kind and loving God.

I think what she writes about the afterlife is what we'd like to think happens, doesn't make it so though, but people will buy into what she's saying because they're desperately grieving and she's saying what they want to hear. She's the worst type of parasite there is.

I personally read stuff like that for the thought and possibility but she creeps me the hell out.. but people will buy into anything..

just like how half of this forum believes the 2012 bull because they're aching to be apart of something bigger..Theres roughly 67,000 results on Amazon for 2012 minus the non-apocalypse categories like beauty,garden,grocery.

Theres even a movie coming out about it, theres a market for a "prediction" thats not guaranteed.

Why knock Sylvia Browne if your not gonna throw Criss Angel into the debate, or athiests for believing we just popped out of the air one day?

People will buy anything..she's far from the only parasite on this planet..

Why don't you mention how many families she has helped?

Edited by Juicebox

chris angel is an entertainer and nothing like sylvia brown.

it's not his fault that people can't explain his magic tricks

I don't believe any of these people are legit. I've seen David Copperfield pull off the psychic thing far better than actual psychics.

Chris Angel is one heck of a magician...

No psychic individual is dead on 100% of the time though. Including Sylvia.

I'm sorry but I did find that funny. And people say the Internet is different than real life. This is the exact kind of thing I often see on internet boards.

And besides, only proper Christians who worship and obey get to go to heaven or so I've been told all my life. And it doesn't matter how good of a person you are, if you don't believe you go straight to hell and will be tortured for eternity.

So much for a kind and loving God.

No, if you don't believe you will be the one that goes straight to hell

That's what you were told, and that's what you believe

Not everyone follows the same religion, what would make yours any better than mine?

Ok here is somthing I remembered her saying on Montel.

Lady: "Me and My children have horrible physical pain and visions of death at night. What do these mean?"

Sylvia Brown: "Oh thats easy in your sixth past life you and your children were put into a gas chamber and choked to death and died in there, leaving the physical pain and visions with you."

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

WTF!!!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Me and my mom craked up laughing and literally fell to the floor laughing at her! What kind of vision is that! She picked it up in less than 2 seconds!!!

Here is another one

Lady: My parents both passed on recently and I would like to know if they are together happily in Heaven."

The lady ran out crying.

Ok if that isnt enough here is one last one

Lady: Um I am taking up a new career becuse I quit my old one and I wanted to know if I am making the right choice."

Sylvia Brown: Let me guess you are quitting being a surgeon to be a teacher?

Lady: No I was a teacher who wants to be an Astronomer.

Lol she is so fake

Why are we discussing this? I thought this was a given.

Just kidding.

:mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

She predicted that in 2008, Brad Pitt and Anjelina would break up..They are now married and having twins (not that I care) but it was just funny!!jn

maybe she was predicting what the grocery store checkout "rags" were going to be saying...lately I've been seeing rumors of impending split....and of course if it's headlines on national soap opera it must be true! :rolleyes:;)

I think Sylvia is plain out senile. Whatever talent she may have once had was swallowed by greed and senility.

I really can not stand to watch this women she is such a fake..... :rolleyes:

Me and the hubby used to tivo Montell when we knew she would be on because hilarity always ensued with her appearnces ^_^ . I know some people are naive or grief stricken but no one should be that naive to believe anything that comes out of that chick's mouth. And Montel know he needs to be ashamed of himself for promoting her and the books she put out every few days, I'm convinced he got a cut of her book sales and other proceeds :rolleyes:

This thread is funny :P

I find it hard to understand why anyone would put ANY stock in these so-called 'professional psychics' these days. Especially with the work of many magicians such as Penn & Teller and Derren Brown in explaining exactly how these con-artists utilise cold reading techiniques. In fact most of the time, these magicians are actually better at cold reading and get much more solid results.

IMO anyone who believes that these frauds have psychic powers is deluding themselves because they wish so desperately for it to be true.

If you go and see a psychic and they get some personal details about you correct, IT DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE A REAL PSYCHIC. It means they are at least a little accomplished in cold reading. I wish everyone would realise that.

I have a couple of friends that sometimes go and see psychics. I get the impression that deep down they know it's all bull, but they still seem very impressed when the psychic guesses something correctly.