Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sylvia Brown is a fraud...

JohnnyBoyC

During the Clinton/Lewinsky controversy, before the truth came out, she was on Montel and an audience member asked if Clinton did it. She said no. This is the only specific thing I can remember about her, guess there's really no need to anyway.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• coldethyl

• JohnnyBoyC

• badpenny

All psychic's are frauds. They prey on the lonely and gullible like jackals.

There will be a time when it will become illegal for these con artists to screw with hapless people's minds.

As I've said before...we need to bring back Witch Burnings. That'll discourage em thumbsup.gif

I think she might have a talant and people have to make a living sorry to the triple murder guy through thats just wrong but I think shes legit but thats just my two cents I could be wrong.

Lets consider this logicly:

1) She has made several wildly innacurate predictions(theres a site that lists her predictions for the last few years and a good 90% of them are bs the rest are so vague)

2)Her act is indistinguishable from that of a stage magician using cold reading

3)Despite accepting James Randi's challenge a few years ago she's done every thing possible to lie, and dodge it despite his willingness to alter the rules of the contest to a degree simply to suit her enormous ego

Could she be real? Sure I'd put it at the same probability Santa Claus exists. No thats not fair Santa is far more likely.

Sylvia Brown is a fraud...

Noooooo... huh.gif

Did anyone ever really think otherwise???? wacko.gifwink2.gif

tongue.gif

Edited by Nxt2Hvn

blink.gif Sadly enough Montell Williams continues to perpetuate the fraud that is Sylvia Brown. She's on his show today, as she is most every Wednesday, as if MW is providing a service to his viewers.

I would love to see someone stand up , when Montell allows the audience to ask their questions, and say; "I know why I'm here Sylvia. What do you see?" rofl.gif

If she's so psychic why do these people have to tell her their whole story so that she can then fill in what are obvious holes or just add her own BS, knowing full well no one will ever be the wiser as to her fraud!?

I believe you get what you give in this life. And if you listen to Sylvia Brown speak and to her laugh you'll actually hear that she's reaping the consequence of her actions. Perhaps she should attune to her own health and realize she needs to stop chain smoking, (if she doesn't smoke then she's really in trouble), and evacuate the muccous that's consuming her lungs and so obviously compromising her health. She's over weight, has joint problems, lung problems and chronic constipation. (yes, she's full of sh**, but then again we know that, right!? innocent.gif )

Why?

My two cents says it's because she's made a living exploiting peoples emotions and now we can actually hear her Earthly karma manifesting, every time she continues to speak and defraud the gullible public that attend as her audience.

Ultimately she'll need all that $ she's made off her books, readings, and public appearances to attend her last days on life support because her body has finally succumbed to all her years of abuse.

Hey Sylvia, if your so psychic how did you miss the obvious!? hmm.gif

I would love to see someone stand up , when Montell allows the audience to ask their questions, and say; "I know why I'm here Sylvia. What do you see?"    rofl.gif

I'm sure someone already has...but surely they'd edit that out before the show aired. yes.gif

i dont trust her! i dont trust that stupid john edward guy that was on sci-fi for a while!

'Faith Healers: Divine Knowledge

Healers sometimes like to amaze their audience by knowing information about selected individuals, like name and address and the nature of an illness, that seems like it must have been received directly from God. Typically the information is gathered by the healer's assistants beforehand, perhaps by asking them to fill out "prayer cards" which are then collected. The healer, who has been trained in memorization techniques, is shown the necessary information which he later uses to wow the crowd. In one case, James Randi exposed such a healer who was receiving radio transmissions to a fake hearing aid he was wearing. An accomplice was sending him detailed information that had been gathered from people in the audience. '

Some frauds exist but many are true healers. Most healers do not ask for illness and have healed them perfectly with light.

Edited by phantomviewer

very very true. some are real some are not.

heres my $.02

S-brown is real, BUT she cannot get everything right(she does sharge $700.00 per reading LOL), us psychics can inly visualize so much, the more info we know the more energy/knowledge/visions are channeled.

whoever said all psychics are fake, shame on you buddy. there are over hundreds or even thousands of different windows. one for example can me a medium, others telepathic, messangers ect.. i do readings for free ( ok, ulesss it is a very complicated situation such as finding a dead body, that is where my mother comes in to take over, no psychic in this life time can know everything 100%

but john edwards is a FOOL thats all i gots to say 'bout that dude

i learned to astral project through sylvias CD's. it takes people years to practice and get out and explore, it took me maybe 2 weeks. i also had a very very awesome book on it called astral dinamics as well, sinc there are no boundries nor time in the astral plane, there are no laws of physics, therefore the AP allows you to go back in time also in the future. it is a very awesome experience, those who believe in AP you know what i am talking about. it also increases your third eye chakra, in another words, it increases yor psychic abilities, whew got off topic there. my point is, she is real but like 100% of other psychics out there can only read so much at once

Edited by mike001

I always thought that she made vague predictions, to apply them to virtually any major event that happens.

i saw that one hes talking about i bursted out laughing as well

588471[/snapback]

So shes a fraud huh? I always felt she was real. In fact, recently I started watching Montel every wednesday just to see her, but I kinda stopped for some reason.

if she real! she give a vibe in my gut that she a fraud!

i have not seen much proof if she really pyshic!

Lady: My parents both passed on recently and I would like to know if they are together happily in Heaven."

Sylvia Brown: "No, I am sorry they are both being punished in Hell and have ALWAYS hated each other, they just put on an act for you."

OK I am not a fan of hers at all, as she is very suspicious, but I find it hard to believe that she said that in the above quote, I am not calling you a lair, as I do not know for sure, but I find it hard to believe that she would say that to anyone. One of the first rules in mediumship is never to say things like that to someone looking for comfort, and secondly anyone that is a real medium will know that hell has nothing to do with punishment.

Can anyone give me any proof that she said the above thing on Montel? I am not calling them a lair, but if she did say this, then the little respect I did have for her will have gone flying out of the window. Please can someone show me evidence that she said "No, I am sorry they are both being punished in Hell and have ALWAYS hated each other, they just put on an act for you."

I ask for evidence because I have known sceptics in the past that hate mediums with a passion, and have made up spiteful lies about famous mediums, just to try and make them look bad.

If it turns out that she did say that, then I hope her career goes down the pan, as she does not deserve to serve the spirit world, let alone be classed as a medium. Her constant advertising of her books is what got me suspicious about her, and that she made a comment once that "ALL" orbs where angels, I mean that is a crock of sh***.

All the best

Faeden

Edited by Faeden

I saw her on Montel about 3 years ago it was a show on the "New Year Predictions"

of what she saw, was going to come in the up-coming year.

She said that the pope was going to die in 2000 and that the new pope was going to be a Black Man from the USA, and that other countries were going to be upset of the choice of the pope.

Needless to say... we all know the outcome of that one. hmm.gif

I watch her sometimes and her fingernails do creep me out a little bit. Part of me thinks she may know a little of what she is talking about. I don't know why. But on the other hand I think she is making things up most of the time.

I guess I will never know unless I want to pay out the ying-yang for a personal reading. wink2.gif

i got a little mixed up

NOT A BIG CHANGE IN WHAT I ORIGINALLY SAID but still she said that one went to Hell and One to Heaven and that they have always hated eachother and just put on an act. The lady did cry.

before i said that both of them went to hell i got mixed up

• 4 weeks later...

Ok Johnny I am the Second Is 100% Lie with out a doubt and I know so

A) Sylvia Does not believe Hell, the Devil or people being sent to a hell like atmosphere, nor does she believe in a vengeful god and if she did say that it would hurt her business her career and wouldn't be invited back

cool.gif She does actually have a conscience has always lived up to her mistakes on any psychic predictions.

Also she does not say thats easy

she also doesn't say let me guess that would imply fishing for answers and a cocky attitude i've seen most of her shows read most of her books I do believe that there are BS psychics out there I.E Miss Cleo

So from now Try telling the truth its alot easier to remember then your lies thumbsup.gif

Yea the whole nail thing droves me bonkers...it's like she was constantly picking her remaining pork ribs from dinner from underneath her nails. Would explain alot about her appearance.. w00t.gif

What is really disturbing is how much money she makes off people.

• 1 month later...

Hello w00t.gif

I stumbled upon your response JohnyBoyC about Sylvia Brown, and had to post a reply.

I am not sticking up for anyone; I am simply stating the facts. yes.gif

From what Syvlia has always taught, there is NO Hell. I am unsure where you are getting your sources from; perhaps you could back it up with a transcript of that particular show you saw her say

Sylvia Brown: "No, I am sorry they are both being punished in Hell and have ALWAYS hated each other, they just put on an act for you."

I respect your opinion but PLEASE for the sake of everyone’s IQ don't just randomly post off the top of your head ideals about someone without having the fact behind it.

(that’s the problem with the internet, there are so many "opinons and not enough facts") no.gif

Oh and here’s my proof www.sylvia.org/home/aboutnovus.cfm

"Novus is Sylvia's monument to God, a forum to express the joy and love that is God - with no fear, no guilt, no sin, no hell, and no Satan."

I look forward to all responses! thumbsup.gif

I gotta say that I dont really believe her...but Sylvia has always intrigued me. Her bitting her nails is gross and her voice is annoying. But for some reason I watch her when she is on Montel.

I read through this whole thread and wanted to say that I too have always heard her say that she doesnt believe in hell, satan, demons, ect. So I find it strange that she would have said something like that.

Either way, I certainly would never waste that much money on her predictions.

• 10 months later...

I read this and wanted to add.

All(most stuff) she talks about is very real. I don't think she has really experienced most of this stuff because of the way she talks. People who are truly living with this would never charge someone a "fee".

I don't like her either but still this stuff is real.

Ohh and btw, there is no holy ****ing spirit.

I think she could be real...not sure I seen many people like her she seems the most believable out of all the psychics that I know of.

But I believe if this talent is real charging is a good idea depending on the situation.