Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sylvia Brown is a fraud...

JohnnyBoyC

Her voice and her fingernails grate on my nerves.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• coldethyl

• JohnnyBoyC

• badpenny

Her voice and her fingernails grate on my nerves.

Amen!! :w00t:

• 4 weeks later...

Umm you have Green Day in your avatar. So you're obviously no the brighest kid. Sylvia has helped many people, including the cops. You can doubt her all you want. But mocking her is just rude.

Umm you have Green Day in your avatar. So you're obviously no the brighest kid. Sylvia has helped many people, including the cops. You can doubt her all you want. But mocking her is just rude.

I can't stand her or Green Day.

Here is another one

Lady: My parents both passed on recently and I would like to know if they are together happily in Heaven."

Sylvia Brown: "No, I am sorry they are both being punished in Hell and have ALWAYS hated each other, they just put on an act for you."

The lady ran out crying.

What a ****ing b*tch! :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

The only thing that separates Sylvia Brown from most other "psychics" is that she isn't some 15 year old emo who thinks they are an X-Men or a Jedi.

I have read the psychic board enough to know that "psychics" are all the same, fakes. Fakes looking for money, attention or friends.

^Whoever posted those quotes obviously made it up. Whether she's a fraud or not (and I personally doubt she's the real deal) Slyvia would never say that. She's said repeatedly that there is no hell so there's no reason why she would say that. I mean she'd want to protect her image you know.

Edited by Melissa24

^Whoever posted those quotes obviously made it up. Whether she's a fraud or not (and I personally doubt she's the real deal) Slyvia would never say that. She's said repeatedly that there is no hell so there's no reason why she would say that. I mean she'd want to protect her image you know.

As a Sylvia Browne fan, I agree. She would never say those things. Source please.

Until today, I didn't really give two shakes about this woman, Sylvia Browne. This topic prompted me to do quick research on that grand place called Wikipedia. *Hugs wikipedia* I wub wiki.

Anyway....

I found some things on there that she got right, and some things she got horribly wrong. I also found some predictions for '06.

I realized that she was that chick who got the predictions wrong in that mining incident. Poor miners, I only wish Sylvia had been correct. :no:

Mine Controversy '06

Sylvia's Predictions

I don't like to say whether I believe psychics are real or unreal unless I have concrete proof or a gut feeling. Maybe if I see this woman I'll get feelings about her and I'll be able to tell you all.

IMO:

We can all dispute her power, but because of the nature of prophecy, people don't always get it right, or it's so vague that interpretation can go in a million directions.

However, I also believe real psychics don't flaunt their abilities... sometimes the world isn't ready for premonition and visions. Well, smart real psychics that is.

I wouldn't want a horde of followers beating down my door if I had frequent visions and premonitions.

You guys wouldn't believe this, but it's a $500 dollar fee just to have a phone call with her son Chris and a $700 fee just to speak to Sylvia! :w00t:

The point is with these guys they are nothing more than crazy people with fanatical dreams, anyone who takes this person seriously is extremely deluted or jumped in the head, take a look at (name has been removed and censored for classification) and take a look at her stories of "possession" and you'll see that Sylvia Browne is a lunatic who attracts other lunatics! Don't take this person seriously, she's a whackjob!

And yes she very well is a con-artist, there is another one of those here on UM who sets out to derail discussions and constantly bullsh**ting others into giving out advice the majority of us know she's going to get angry with! It's like crazy people are a contagious disease, they pass on their psychotic ramblings and delusions to other people and further down and so forth! It's astonishing to say the least! :w00t:

Don't be blinded though, as con-artists develope multiple personas to thus con others into believing they're sane and rational like everyone else, mind over matter now. ;)

Wow, outrageous fees!

A good and morally sound person gifted with prophecy should use it with utmost caution and try not to capitalize.

However, we don't live in a world that endorses good and morally sound behaviour.

IMO, she sounds like a con artist more than a psychic, but I may be wrong.

Ok here is somthing I remembered her saying on Montel.

Lady: "Me and My children have horrible physical pain and visions of death at night. What do these mean?"

Sylvia Brown: "Oh thats easy in your sixth past life you and your children were put into a gas chamber and choked to death and died in there, leaving the physical pain and visions with you."

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

WTF!!!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Me and my mom craked up laughing and literally fell to the floor laughing at her! What kind of vision is that! She picked it up in less than 2 seconds!!!

Here is another one

Lady: My parents both passed on recently and I would like to know if they are together happily in Heaven."

Sylvia Brown: "No, I am sorry they are both being punished in Hell and have ALWAYS hated each other, they just put on an act for you."

The lady ran out crying.

Ok if that isnt enough here is one last one

Lady: Um I am taking up a new career becuse I quit my old one and I wanted to know if I am making the right choice."

Sylvia Brown: Let me guess you are quitting being a surgeon to be a teacher?

Lady: No I was a teacher who wants to be an Astronomer.

Lol she is so fake

From my understanding Sylvia Brown does not believe in Hell so she was jokeing or theres a crossed wire some where.

Uhm , isn't it obvious?......I posted a while back about the 1 million dollar prize out there in escrow for anyone to take who can pass the test proving psychic abilities...Sylvia agreed to take it , than chickened out....ANyone can take this test...It has been there for years and no one has claimed it :) .......All Fake :)...All of them....This includes about any "supernatural" power.....So ,the ones I see post claiming to have them, I suggest you go sign up...Hell , I would , nothing to lose at all....But the truth.....And , yes this is true.

http://www.randi.org/research/

"This is easy money for the thousands of people out there who claim to have special powers," says paranormal investigator James Randi. "Prove it. Take our money. Please. Operators are standing by."

Mediums Rarely Face Scientific Scrutiny

You'd think today's top psychics — who make bold claims about their abilities on TV — would quickly step forward for the million-dollar payday. But John Edward, who relays messages from the deceased on the SciFi channel's hit series Crossing Over, has yet to accept.

Other famous psychics like Miss Cleo and Sylvia Browne are also missing in action. Randi confronted Browne last September on CNN's Larry King Live, and she agreed on the air to be tested.

But Randi says Browne has subsequently been uncooperative.

Listening to Sylvia Browne is like buying a one way ticket to an insane asylum, nothing more said on this topic. :yes:

Edited by Boltwave

I can't stand her or Green Day.

LOL! Yeah right! She is so full of road apples. The Great Randi's organization would tear her up!!.......Wait, I just agreed with Boltwave? :tu:

Lapiche

Wait, I just agreed with Boltwave? :tu:

I believe we have come to an agreement before if I can recall. :)

NO! Sylvia is not a hack! She's real, I had asked her whether certain beings which I'd like to believe are from the future were watching me, and what they wanted from me. She said that they were here to see what they did before, because they colonized us, and I was an ancestor of one of the aliens.

Either way, I wish they would stop looking at me, I have nothing for them, I dunno them.

NO! Sylvia is not a hack! She's real, I had asked her whether certain beings which I'd like to believe are from the future were watching me, and what they wanted from me. She said that they were here to see what they did before, because they colonized us, and I was an ancestor of one of the aliens.

Either way, I wish they would stop looking at me, I have nothing for them, I dunno them.

This guy has one hell of a sense of humor. :tu:

i dunno, ive read one of her books and found it quite interesting. and i probably believe alot of wat she says or talks about in it. and ive seen her on montel, and she answered a ladies question about her grandmother and sylvia said everything correct about her and the girl was in shock almost that she knew this.

so i just dont know if she could have made up all of that, or would want to, just to get attention. but who knows

personally, i dont think shes a fraud

Until today, I didn't really give two shakes about this woman, Sylvia Browne.

Look her up on youtube.com on the Montel Williams show and see her in action. Have a bucket handy.

Ok here is somthing I remembered her saying on Montel.

Lady: "Me and My children have horrible physical pain and visions of death at night. What do these mean?"

Sylvia Brown: "Oh thats easy in your sixth past life you and your children were put into a gas chamber and choked to death and died in there, leaving the physical pain and visions with you."

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

WTF!!!!! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Me and my mom craked up laughing and literally fell to the floor laughing at her! What kind of vision is that! She picked it up in less than 2 seconds!!!

Here is another one

The lady ran out crying.

Ok if that isnt enough here is one last one

Lady: Um I am taking up a new career becuse I quit my old one and I wanted to know if I am making the right choice."

Sylvia Brown: Let me guess you are quitting being a surgeon to be a teacher?

Lady: No I was a teacher who wants to be an Astronomer.

Lol she is so fake

Wow, outrageous fees!

A good and morally sound person gifted with prophecy should use it with utmost caution and try not to capitalize.

However, we don't live in a world that endorses good and morally sound behaviour.

IMO, she sounds like a con artist more than a psychic, but I may be wrong.

I hate sylvia, too. She kinda freaks me out. Did you see the show when she said that fairies, dwarfs, unicorns, and leprechauns exist, and that there are different, dimenisional, levels that they cross over to get to us? She also said that we were put here by aliens. She contradicts herself. If she believes in God, how did aliens manage to put us here. She really scares me. Is she even human? I think she is from another dimension because she sure does look it.

I hate sylvia, too. She kinda freaks me out. Did you see the show when she said that fairies, dwarfs, unicorns, and leprechauns exist, and that there are different, dimenisional, levels that they cross over to get to us? She also said that we were put here by aliens. She contradicts herself. If she believes in God, how did aliens manage to put us here. She really scares me. Is she even human? I think she is from another dimension because she sure does look it.

Not only is she fake. She is just plain nasty.

It's okay don't let her scare you. Just keep your doors locked at night and never go to Hollywood and earn lots and lots of money and you should be fine. :tu: