Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Raelian Revolution

Mr-X

People look up this site and tell me what you think.

www.rael.org

Do you think this is just another fanatical cult or do you believe these people actually believe what they say.

Magik there are some interesting theories about alien visitation.

What do you think?

My brothers friend actually believes in what the site is about and does not believe its a cult. His arguement is that you are alowed to leave anytime you want therfore its not a cult.

X

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magikman

• Mr-X

• PurpleStuart

• Althalus

Mr. X,

"According to Grescoe, "Raël's success seems to derive from providing a structured environment for decadent behavior: He offers a no-guilt playground for hedonism and sexual experimentation."

Its no wonder your brother is interested in this group, hell, I want to know where to sign up. :o Guilt free sex in any form with how ever many members of the opposite sex you can get your horny, salacious paws on?  Are you kidding me? Wild horses couldn't drag me away. ;D Here's a link to a humorous article that is straight forward and offers a perfect assessment of the attraction this group holds over possible 'initiates';

http://www.salon.com/travel/feature/2000/03/08/raelians/index.html

Here's a slightly more critical look at the founder of the 'raelian' movement;

http://www.skepdic.com/raelian.html

Finally, a rather revealing little blurb from SAUCER SMEAR;

"An in-depth article in the prestigious New York Times Magazine (Feb. 4th, 2001) tells of the weird Raelian cult, which has received a lot of publicity lately in regard to cloning. Their ideas on cloning are reasonable and scientific, but the leader of the cult is a French former race-car driver who is a UFO contactee. He claims that in 1973 he had an encounter with a four-foot-tall alien whose flying saucer had landed atop a volcano in southern France. From this creature he learned that humans were originally created in a laboratory by highly advanced beings from another planet who had mastered genetics and cell biology.

Subsequent visits to the spacecraft, during which Rael enjoyed the sexual attentions of six "voluptuous and bewitching" female robots,:o convinced the fun-loving prophet that the aliens did indeed have a superior civilization: The Raelian headquarters is in rural Quebec, Canada, about an hour from Montreal. It includes a museum devoted to extraterrestrial phenomena and to genetics - a curious mixture of science fiction and science. The main exhibit room contains a life-sized replica of the flying saucer Rael allegedly boarded in 1973 for his visit with the aliens.

The building also contains Rael's very private office, which is accessible only through a double set of electronic doors. There Rael gives interviews concerning his very unusual philosophy. He believes, in brief, that the secret to eternal life is - eventually - through human cloning. (Our thanks to Chris Roth for this item.)"

Its also interesting to note that within the last year several researchers affiliated with the Raelian's have been arrested and charged with fraud, conning gay couples out of tens of thousands of dollars with the promise of creating genetically 'cloned' babies for them.

I'd offer more, but right now I'm busy trying to book a flight to Quebec. I happen to agree with Teresa on this one, my personnel investigative skills are required to form a credible, valid opinion regarding insights into all facets of this 'cult'.  If you never hear from me again, don't automatically assume I'm being held against my wishes. :);)

MAGIKMAN :D

That cult is weird and facinating at the same time. I need to investigate it ver deeeeeeeeply....  ;D

Odin Supreme 8)

Most cults don't hold you down and tie you to a bed post. Most always they tell you that you can freely leave anytime you wish, the thing that keeps most people is, that they make you feel as though the stupid thing WOULD be to leave.  There are many more tactics used to keep people and suck them in, then the old practices of physical bondage.

I would have to say this group screams of cult!

They even look the part.  They are no different than the twit, I wanted all of you to look at.  Of course there are differences, like the names of their Alien entities, and different practices.. But, isn't it really all the same?

You can go to the store and buy five brands of tomato soup, you take the labels off, and they are all just about equal, wouldn't you say?  There is no difference here, and geez, this only affirms my notion that there are some wacky people out there.

I would love to see some form of proof, though.  As of yet, all anyone has is the word of these leaders to go on, no physical proof at all..

Reese

L & L & L of L magik,

Yes sex is something to consider when joining this group.

Magik it was my brothers friend not my brother who is interested. My brother just got back from Queensland, Aust and his mate started going all weird for example when they were driving one night his friend said "we might be driving upside down for all we know" after my brothers girlfriend was nagging my brother about how long to go on the trip (women). This was the fuel for the Raelian lecture my brother and his girl got afterwards.

Another thing my brothers friend told my brother. He believes that most religions of today were cults and still are, so why not join the Raelian Movement.

Please no arguements about religion. I only stated what i heard from my brother.

X

Mr. X,  

"Another thing my brothers friend told my brother was that he believes that most religions of today were cults and still are, so why not join the Raelian Movement.

Please no arguments about religion"

It would be pretty difficult not to precipitate an argument when confronted with such a ridiculous statement. Its as absurd as denigrating President Bush and then asking no one to get upset. In order to diffuse it, I hope everyone can keep their comments focused on your initial request, our opinions about the "Raelian Movement" and whether they believe it to be a cult or not.  As mentioned in the article I provided a link to, the only cognizant intelligence the members of this cult display is the mandatory use of condoms.

MAGIKMAN

Like you said Magik, lets come up with enough thoughtful thinking from everyone about this post and come to a conclusion to see if the Raelian movement is a cult or not. :)

X

Unless I'm having a difficult time understanding the dictionary, the Raelian Movement is a cult.

Homer[glow=color,strength,width]

Here is a link to a website that gives a little detail about current 'cultish' organizations and movements. It provides links to any websites the cult may have and offers a sometimes humerous critique on the cults origins and 'beliefs'. Important information for those who find themselves lost and lacking purpose and direction in their lives.  :-/  :P

http://totl.net/Cult/

MAGIKMAN  :)

The Raelians are most definately a cult, without a doubt.

... Only the stuff i've seen over the last couple of years in the media. Granted you shouldn't belief all that you see on TV/ in the papers but if only some of it is true then they are a cult. Whatever your take on what the definition of a cult is, they do have some questionable practices.

there has been some dicussion of this 'cult' on a few new age and religious forums that I have passed through whilst surfing. As an organised group it does seem to scream out CULT. This seems to be further enforced by the fact that u can leave when ever u want.mmmmmmmmm. They are offering guilt free sex.. now hands up and lets be honest here who would seriously consider going along to meetings because of this very ideal? Most people because Orthadox 'Christain' religion has taught most people that sex is bad even though u may enjoy it it has alot of guilt to go with it.

I as a pagan/wiccan have no guilt when it comes to sex as I was brought up that way thinking it was nutural and enjoyable, but I can also see why this movement is gaining in it's popularity

• 1 month later...

More news on the "Raelian's" and the decidedly negative impact their ridiculous position on cloning is having on scientists credible and crucial research;

Click Here

Magikman

:s2 Definitely a cult. I read the piece for beginners and couldn't help but notice what ELOHIM was when read backwards! Then to cap it all we are told that the Greek translation is ELOHA- well, sorry, but I just could not read any more for the tears in my eyes.  :'(

Isn't it amazing that there are so many sad people who feel so insecure that they will believe in just about anything?

The Raelean's kind of got over half of there number arrested a while back, due to the fact that there leader said that the world would end in 2000, and a giant flying saucer would come and carry them off, when it did not happen they rioted and all got arrested.  Oh well there is always next year.

Its as absurd as denigrating President Bush and then asking no one to get upset.

Magikman - your quote I believe.

Excuse me, but why is this absurd?  Do you follow any of his poilicies (especialy the foreign ones!) ? :sq :st

Raelians are definately a cult.  Perhaps it's because you Yanks are so used to seeing Hari Krishnas at the airport that you could think otherwise! :sj

(Gentle fun intended, not serious - honest!)

NessyK

NessyK,

Yes, that is my quote. It specifically addresses the highlighted statement made by Mr. X, which is abundently clear to anyone who cared to read it. The reference to President Bush was regarding an earlier comment he had made in another, completely different thread. Mr. X has a way of spouting highly irritating and controversial nonsense and then asks everyone not to get upset and/or offended. The thread in question was deleted by Daz the terminator, otherwise I would give you a link to it.  :s04  As an example, imagine your feelings if I were to say something like 'All Scottish men are skirt wearing pansies, by the way, I don't mean to offend anyone or start an argument.'  Understand the absurdity?

Even though it has nothing to do with the subject at hand, the answer to your question is yes, I am aware of Bush's foreign policy. What of it? and how does his policy and my yet to be stated feelings about it have anything to do with either this thread or the paranormal, for that matter?

I also travel quite a bit, and to tell you the truth I haven't seen any Hari Krishnas hanging out at any of the airports I've been to, unless they've all migrated to California.  :-/  Neither have I seen anyone disavow the Raelians being a cult in this thread. Except maybe for Mr. X, but he is Australian.

Magikman

* - Althalus, your link is the same as the one I posted earlier.

Hey magik, :s02

your still thinking of me, im flattered. :s6

I think the Raeliens are a cult.

magik, yes im from the great Oz(Aust), what  does that have to do with the subject. The Raeliens are in Quebec remember. Closer to you then me :s2

Magik, i think you know by now from reading my highly controversial posts :o that i am anti-Bush :s08.  To you he might be king, to me he's still a puppet (please dont get offended) :s04

X

Maybe a new thread should be started about Bush as it doesn't have much relevance here - unless your suggesting he's a Raelian puppet  ;D