Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Face on Mars...is a LION?!

dragonlady_mothman

Yes Virginia, It really is a "Catbox ..."

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

It's collapsed...in other words, "It's a face, no matter what it looks like!"

I also somehow doubt that computers on earth can tell us what something on Mars really looks like, you know? The camera can only tell us what it sees, and the human mind is programmed to look for faces, so if the camera sees something that MIGHT look like a face and we are looking for something to be a face, no matter what way we poke at it with computer stuff on here, we will see a face.

Oh, yeah, if we assume that our ancestors, or someone;s ancestors, came from Mars and brought creatures to Earth (or didnt) more than likely, those are not lions as we know them. In the years since they came to Earth, they would have evolved from a Martian species to an Earth species, assuming the two are related at all.

Edited by dragonlady_mothman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• marduk

• dragonlady_mothman

• baastetnoir

• Amalgamut

Intriguing. So the Face on Mars could have started as a Lions Face? But, what with all the erosion and the time it would have needed to change, would that have to have been there tens of thousands of years? Did lions even look like that that long ago?

But then again its believed that the Sphinx had a much larger face, and that it was once the face of a lion and that it had been carved smaller much latter and changed to a representation of a pharaohs head.

I think what they're getting at is the face is human on one side and lion on the other.

And i stated at the tail end of my post that i dont think it's a lion as we know it, between several thousand years of evolution and the planet gap and so forth.

I've heard that about the Sphinx, but here's a problem: Imagine being an explorer far in the future and stumbling across the Statue of Liberty...but not the rest of New York.

What could flatten New York, but leave the Statue intact?

That's what i said.

And I shall say this again: i doubt identical to the ones still sleeping under the African sun. It's been thousands of years since the Face (assuming it IS, in fact, a face), not to mention two entirely different planets. Mars and Earth could not be completly identical, even if Mars was similar. Too many variables.

Could be an ancestor species of today's Earth lions, though. Or a cousin.

I have heard that theory before.

It was by people trying to show how cydonia and other interesting areas of Mars match up to Egypt and other interesting areas on Earth.

I strongly believe the sphinx was originally a a full lion also. It was found/dug out by early Egyptians and they recurved the head to match their current pharaoh. This would explain why the head is so small, relative to the rest of the body, which is otherwise perfectly proportioned.

I've heard that about the Sphinx, but here's a problem: Imagine being an explorer far in the future and stumbling across the Statue of Liberty...but not the rest of New York.

In other words: where is the rest of that civilization?

If i where a clever alien race with advanced tech and i did want to leave a message to a much less devloped race. How woud i do that.

For my part, it's simple. In 3-D.

Fix that picture with 3-D paraments and you will be surpriced. I can just do this with my mind, i am not good in grapic stuff on PC yet. sad.gif

Thousands of years ago lions looked like..lions. Only larger. I'm willing to bet the Martian Face is exactly what it's said to be. A natural formation that in just the right lighting looks like a face..

We see such simulacra all the time here on earth and think nothing of it. Here in my home state we even had a mountain with an outcropping that looked just like a human head...It was a huge tourist draw until it fell off a couple years back..

Nobody carved that it just eroded that way..

So why when we know things like that exist naturally here do some people rush to point out that a face on Mars is real evidence of a Martian civilization..

When you look at the Moon you can see a face made from the craters too; but few people would ever buy that was a deliberate thing, because they know better..

So why; that being the case; doesn't the same logic apply to Mars?

Because mars is farther away and who gives a **** about the moon anyway? we should bust a cap in the moons ass... that would teach it to control the tides!

Very interesting theory.

This feature (located in the region "Cydonia Mensae") contains many other weird looking things. (like pyramids)

I guess we'll just have to set foot on Mars to find out all the facts.

I just hope that the Mars mission will explore this mysterious area.

Edited by Amalgamut

we should bust a cap in the moons ass

hehe...I've also heard that Neptune is a real jerk, too. And Jupiter, well, check this out... laugh.gif

Bad Jupiter

587540[/snapback]

Funniest thing ive seen in a long time.

Bad Jupiter indeed.

I think what they're getting at is the face is human on one side and lion on the other.

And i stated at the tail end of my post that i dont think it's a lion as we know it, between several thousand years of evolution and the planet gap and so forth.

I've heard that about the Sphinx, but here's a problem:  Imagine being an explorer far in the future and stumbling across the Statue of Liberty...but not the rest of New York.

586865[/snapback]

erm

the apes of the planet of the apes did that to give charlton heston a good end to a movie

The 'face' on mars has been laser mapped. We know exactly what it looks like to the two-meter degree. It bears absolutely no resemblence to any osrt of artificially constructed monument of any kind.

I agree with whoever it was that said ' People will see what they want to see.'

If your looking at a picture and see nothing, then someone says.." OMG.. LOOK!! There is a monkey smoking a cigar!"

YOU are going to see it if you look long enough. Even if its more imagination then realization.. you start to believe it if you look at it and consider it long enough.

Isn't the 'face' and other 'features' nothing more than just anomalies picked up the camera?? disgust.gifsad.gifunsure.gif

Because mars is farther away and who gives a **** about the moon anyway? we should bust a cap in the moons ass... that would teach it to control the tides!

587331[/snapback]

haha

ya but what if it is left from a ancient civilization? maybe there was more to it and a civilization but buried under Mars' sand..

we haven't found the lost civ's from this planet yet, and you wanna start looking on Mars

good luck

you'll need it

The 'face' on mars has been laser mapped.  We know exactly what it looks like to the two-meter degree.  It bears absolutely no resemblence to any osrt of artificially constructed monument of any kind.

589076[/snapback]

I agree with whoever it was that said ' People will see what they want to see.'

If your looking at a picture and see nothing, then someone says.." OMG.. LOOK!! There is a monkey smoking a cigar!"

YOU are going to see it if you look long enough. Even if its more imagination then realization.. you start to believe it if you look at it and consider it long enough.

Exactly. It would be really neat if it WAS a face...but that would be a stretch, especially if it was human, feline, or both, and therefore recognizable. Also, i still fail to see how computers on earth can "look" at the Face under different lighting and determine that it looks like a face under most lightings.

...Doesnt a camera only tell you what it sees?

I always wondered id the "face in Mars" could be 3 pyramids, like in Giza ???

user posted image