Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trip to Mayan Temples!

Mystify

Hey Folks, I was hoping some of you could help me out. I'm planning my vacation right now and was strongly thinking fo checking out the mayan temples. It's hot, there are beaches in Mexico and as well I get to see something that fascinates us all. Thing is, Cancun is very expensive and I unfortunately did not plan my timing to go to well as it falls right smack dab in the middle of spring break. Now I couldn`t care less about  my hotel as long as there are no cockroaches :) and so far Cozumel which is right south of Cancun seems to be the closest place without having to travel to far.

Of course I could always go to Guatemala or honduras or belize or even El savador, but there are way many more temples in Mexico.

Does anyone or has anyone been already and can maybe give me some tips on places to stay, or rather stay out of?<

Myst

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mystify

• Mr-X

• Tommy

• PurpleStuart

i have never been to Mexico before but if you want advice as to what places to see i'll give you some names.

It is 1 of my dreams to go to the ancient temples of Mexico. Truly a mysterious place.

-you must go to Teotihuacan to visit the way of the dead. The sun pyramid, pyramid of the moon and most importantly the temple of Quetzalcoatl is there.

-You must go and see Machu Picchu.

-The palace at Palenque

-Temple of Kukulkan, Chichen Itza.

I know some people who have visited Mexico. They said you must be alert at all times because Mexico as some very nasty people. They love to rip off tourist so be careful.

If you walk through the jungle make sure you have the best guides and the best insect spray on the market.

Look up these sites for some info:

www.peoplesguide.com

www.explore.com/cancuncorner.shtml

X

Thanks X, Second link didn`t work, but I appreciate the info none the less:)

I am really looking forward to going. I'm in the midst of planning right now.

As far as I know there are several chartered planes leaving the Island of Cozumel that I can take directly to the temples and you can be sure I plan on seeing as many as possible in the week that I am there.

Chichen Itza  and Manchu Pichu are on top of my list for seeing. I will be taking many pictures for you all to see.

I too  have heard about the tourism traps they have and was told to drink only bottled water and to bring wipes. The wipes might not be as necessary... but just in case.

Anywho...I shall read into the first link you sent me tonight.

Thanks again.

Sounds like a great trip.  Don't forget that camera Mystify...we want LOTS and LOTS of photos!  :D

Tommy

yeah, lots of photos  :)

Are you gonna settle for visiting one country? You could take the opportunity to visit several, as there are many sites in the wider area that are worth seeing. I'm jealous, i'd love to go there but time and money prevent. Oh the only place i wouldn't go to is Peru, until their current political situation has completely died down.