Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Queen Nefertiti's Mummy Found

UM-Bot

British archeologists believe they may have identified the body of one of the most legendary beauties of the ancient world. They are confident a tattered mummy found in a tomb in the Valley of the Kings is probably Queen Nefertiti, stepmother of the boy king Tutankhamun and one of the most powerful women in ancient Egypt.

The conclusion has been made after 12 years of research, using clues such as fragments of a wig and the piercing of the mummy’s ears.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: The Times

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starlyte

• UM-Bot

• SpaceyKC

• Homer

I read this article earlier this morning on Discovery.com. It's fascinating to me that it may be her. There are a few pictures on the Discovery site. The link is below...

LINK

The mummy does look a lot like a bust of Nefertiti's in the Egyptian Museum in Berlin, Germany. I tried to get to the story through your link, but got a message to 'hit proceed' to pick my payment option. huh.gif

Thanks to both SaRuMaN and starlyte for posting this.

I can't wait to see the Discovery program about it. original.gif

Here is an update on the mummy. Follow the link for the entire article.

Possible Nefertiti find met with skepticism

Egyptologists doubt mummy found in ancient burial ground is that of famed queen.

By NOHA EL HENNAWY

The Associated Press

CAIRO – Egyptologists cast doubt Tuesday on an expedition's claim that it may have found the mummy of Queen Nefertiti, one of the best- known ancient Egyptians.

Skeptics said X-ray analysis of the mummy found in Luxor's Valley of the Kings, the ancient royal burial ground for Egypt's pharaohs, indicates it is the body of a 16-year-old girl. Nefertiti is believed to have died in her 30s.

Article Link

In total agreement with Homer, now we want to know who this 16 year old girl is. bounce.gif