Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Zombie Outbreak in Cambodia!

BurnSide

Cambodian Troops Quarantine Quan'sul

There has been a small outbreak of “zombism” in a small town near the border of Laos in North-Eastern Cambodia.

Cambodian troops moved into Quan'sul after Malaria victims attack populace.

The culprit was discovered to be mosquitoes native to that region carrying a new strain of Malaria which thus far has a 100 percent mortality rating killing victims in fewer than 2 days.

After death, this virus is able to restart the heart of it’s victim for up to two hours after the initial demise of the person where the individual behaves in extremely violent ways from what is believe to be a combination of brain damage and a chemical released into blood during “resurrection.”

Cambodian officials say that the outbreak has been contained and the public has no need to worry.

General Ary Serey had this to say, "We have obtained samples of this new virus and plan to learn how it starts the heart and other major organs of the deceased. We intend to use this to increase the quality of life for all."

US Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice opposed the plan saying that the Cambodian government holds a great biological weapon and should destroy it immediately. Cambodian officials have yet to comment.

A United Nations team will be dispatched to Cambodia to confirm the safety of biological research in Cambodia.

Source:

BBC World News

Edited by BurnSide

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• John13np

• Walken

• _Nyx_

You know in Dawn Of The Dead they said it was under control to. Pretty scary, eh?

Wtf? Living tissues cannot be reanimated in this fashion. This is some kind of hoax. huh.gif

Edited by Monkyburd

This is freaken SPOOKY .... This sounds chemical, or biological. DUH, but when you here of this you don't think BBC.. you think world weekly or pravda hmmm..

Edited by The Silver Thong

hey Monkyburd, I thought the same thing, but its from BBC News.

And of course the first thing governments think about is what sort of weapons could be created with it!

Well, I looked at the link Burnside provided and then went to BBC's actual site to variy it and found no such article on zombism. I think its all hoaxtastic! rolleyes.gif

your right, i went there to and looked, its not there

hey, the post he provided was for Monday, This is thruday, Im back to being scared again

*reads article*

poops herself

*gets fresh underwear on*

*runs around like a nut trying to make an orange conconction of 3 parts Mycotoxin, 1 part Enderotoxin and 2 parts Datura Extract like Scully made in TXF: Resist or Serve...*

ONE SHOT KILLS THEM PEOPLE!!!!!

ph34r.gif

Edited by tiddlyjen

burnside....CURSE YOU now i have a feer of bugs sad.gif

Well, I looked at the link Burnside provided and then went to BBC's actual site to variy it and found no such article on zombism.

594618[/snapback]

Maybe a coverup? ph34r.gif

burnside....CURSE YOU now i have a feer of bugs sad.gif

594682[/snapback]

And so you should. Next time you get bitten by a mosquito.. you may be infected...

Yup. I can already see this on missiles.

Could be a hoax or, more likely, a cover up. Very intresting story though.

Thank god I've read the zombie survival guide. Me and Burnside will be safe. yes.gif

Yes we will.

It didn't get as much attention as i thought it would. What, you people don't care that the world is gonna end!?

Oh well. It was fun while it lasted. Fooled me for a few seconds. Then i checked the URL.

If you click on one of the links on the page, it'll take you to the ACTUAL BBC World page, the Zombie Outbreak page is a very clever joke.

tongue.gif

I had a good giggle. original.gif

<<< I'm buying a case of OFF, every citronella candle I can find, and if that don't work, I'll go live somewhere cold. Mosquitos don't like the cold, right?

It's a joke hon, you don't need to go anywhere. original.gif

aim for the head!

AIM FOR THE HEAD!!!

Burnside, we should head the official UM 'Zombie-Squad' haha! laugh.gif

hahah. Nice. I would but you know, the whole moderator thing. tongue.gif

Well, this topic has served it's purpose, i offically freaked some people out. grin2.gif Moved to the jokes section.

Really?

Awww. I'm disapointed.

Oh well. At least it'll be more fun when it does happen.

I often wonder about the media reaction. It would be awesome to experience.

at the same time something bad happens something good also happens lol

o the irony