Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New: UM Encyclopedia A-Z

Saru

New to Unexplained Mysteries this month, and returning to the very roots of what this site was about when it first began - a full, new and improved A-Z Encyclopedia of the Unexplained section is now available, replacing the rather dated glossary system we had previously.

The Encyclopedia contains several hundred articles covering a vast range of paranormal related subjects, terms, words and phrases. Included with each article is a navigation system allowing you to seemlessly browse relevant articles, images, news stories and multimedia from elsewhere on the UM web site.

UM A-Z Encyclopedia

In addition, a 'Notes' system will allow visitors to contribute additional information to any of the articles to keep them up to date and accurate.

The new Encyclopedia system is still very new, so if you find any problems, please let me know. thumbsup.gif

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Walken

• Ashley-Star*Child

• Shivel

ohmy.gif looking fantabulous SaRu, nice work yes.gif

Cool, never heard of the Mongolian Death Worm before - now I have.

Just goes to show you learn something new every day thumbsup.gif

Hopefully there will be a lot more articles in there which will introduce visitors to new mysteries that they aren't familiar with.

I'll also be adding new articles to the Encyclopedia when I get a chance thumbsup.gif

Looks great! grin2.gif

Thanks SaRu and other folk who worked on it yes.gif

Thanks SaRu and other folk who worked on it

*lol* What other folk wink2.gif

Oh.

In which case, thanks to SaRuMaN, a testament to what a lot of hard work goes towards.

It looks really great, i love the new layout! Good stuff mate.

I love it! But notice theres nothing on Q.... blink.gif

I didn't know anything about the Phil-a-delph-IA experiment til today... yes.gif

Edited by Walken

The A-Z is looking great SaRu! thumbsup.gif

Cool, never heard of the Mongolian Death Worm before - now I have.

Just goes to show you learn something new every day  thumbsup.gif

594926[/snapback]

The CFZ are setting off on their expedition to find this beast tomorrow; any more info on their trip check out http://cryptoworld.co.uk/ cool.gif

(just added this as a note in the A- Z as well to make sure the system works ok) grin2.gif

Thanks Tommy, the note is now included on the article. thumbsup.gif

How come theres nothing under 'Q'?

Wow, this is very cool Saruman! I thought I knew alot but I haven't heard of half of these things, very informative. thumbsup.gif

How come theres nothing under 'Q'?

I suppose there isnt anything paranormal beginning with that letter. dontgetit.gif

• 1 month later...

This looks really great. thumbsup.gif

A question though, are any further entires welcome? If so, I'd be willing to write up something myself, on the Nephillim and related areas, which is part of the unexplained.

I'd welcome any contributions thumbsup.gif

When writing entries for the A to Z remember to stick to the facts as much as possible, and don't include personal opinion, the entries are essentially dictionary definitions of each term or phenomenon.

Ok then, I'll write something up. I'll keep it dictionary like lol, but if there's anything in there you feel you must change (hopefully there wont be) feel free to do so.

• 5 weeks later...

I just want to point out I haven't forgetton about this, but had planned on submitting this after the debate related to this subject. Don't want to make references too easy for the opponent lol. This debate is taking quite a while though, so if it gets too long, I'll just submit it.