Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

werewolf, bigfoot ?

mcfaddentowing

My brother lived in a trailer in the sticks with heavy woods and a swamp backing his trailer outside of the Ft. Polk army post in louisiana. Shortly after moving in, a creature began to come in the night and claw the back of the trailer and even bite the metal.(the trailer was about six feet off the ground in back where the creature would attack) My brother, after several months of this and much lack of sleep, figured out that when his wife's "time of the month" came the creature would attack and when there was a full moon, the creature would attack. Once, he even told me that both things occurred at the same time and the creature nearly ripped the back door and wall off the trailer. He had to reattach the metal each time this happened.(the claw and bite marks were about 12 feet from the ground on the wall) He never saw the creature, but did spend many sleepless nights sitting in a chair watching the wall with his 7mag rifle. The most interesting thing to me is that the creature was very intelligent and eventually learned to kill the power to the house via a breaker switch mounted on a pole in the back yard.(they had no phone) The nearest neighbor was the landlord who was 1/4 of a mile away and was about 85 years old at the time. The swamp was only about 50 or 60 feet from the back of the trailer and seems to be where the thing was coming from. My brother doesn't talk much about it any more, but these are the details as best as I remember them. My theory to my brother was the landlord was a werewolf, but my brother dismissed that idea because the man was too old. A bigfoot or a bear would be my next guess. Considering the clawmarks were about 8 inches between each finger(5 on each "hand"), either could have been the culprit, although it never left any tracks to identify it by. Has anyone else heard of anything similar in this area or know of any sites that may have information for the area ? Any and all replies/ questions/ theories are welcome....Allen original.gif

Welcome to the group!

This could be a bear, I have heard they can sense a womans menstrual cycle?

Thanks for the welcome. I'm not sure a bear could pull off not leaving footprints, Nor can I feature one learning to open a electric box and turning off the switch. NOTE: the switch was not being turned off on nights the creature did not attack.

Welcome to UM.. I don't suppose there are anu photo's of the marks ?

Thanks for the welcome. I'm not sure a bear could pull off not leaving footprints, Nor can I feature one learning to open a electric box and turning off the switch. NOTE: the switch was not being turned off on nights the creature did not attack.

595397[/snapback]

yeah, good point, I like to exhaust the obvious angles before resorting to the not-so-obvious.

I would be interested to see some pics or something of the damage maybe?

Believe it or not, I begged my brother and sis in law to let me borrow a camera and take pics, but they didn't think It was important or wanted to ignore what was happening. I have never seen my brother scared of anything before or since this. The only reason I got to see it or knew about it was we had traveled there for a visit. This happened in 1979 or early 1980..Allen

Well, no more forrest trips while I'll be having my 'days of the month'  yes.gif

595475[/snapback]

I'll come with you if you'd like wink2.gifthumbsup.gifw00t.gif I have mittens!

Well, no more forrest trips while I'll be having my 'days of the month'  yes.gif

595475[/snapback]

I figured that all women want to do at that time is watch movies and eat their own bodyweight in chocolate anyways.

Which reminds me

how many women with PMS does it take to change a light bulb?

answer: 2

BECAUSE IT JUST DOES OK?

sorry, could'nt resist.

Back on topic, what do you think it was, really a werewolf???

Cool story but it kills me that a victim like this dosen't try and record what's going on. So, in the end it's just a story. One more opportunity to catch a bigfoot, skunkape or whatever it was - down the drain.

interesting...i like this story......but i dunno what i could say to it. It sound scool but a bigfoot not leaving prints and managing to open a electric line sounds a little....you know far off

Hi Allen,

Welcome to UM. grin2.gif

It's well known that women shouldn't enter bear areas when they have their periods. Blood = food.

In yowie circles periods also seem to attract the big fellow, don't know if it's for food or romance though.

The power being switched off certainly wouldn't fit in with a bear, but would bigfoot be smart enough? We just don't have the answers to his intelligence level.

I am swaying towards bigfoot but without and solid evidence... this is nothing more than another story.. I can't believe you asked for permission to take pictures, you should have just gone with your instict.

Welcome to the group!

595383[/snapback]

horny bear xD

Sounds like a typical bear - angry or hungry...

Welcome to the group!

595383[/snapback]

I was thinking bear, too. Maybe even a wildcat of some sort. I know lions can sense a woman's "time of the month". I think it would be time to move.

Bears are very smart creatures as well. Without any solid evidence there is no way to honestly tell. I myself would be leaning more towards the idea of a bear. As said, they can sense when a woman is on her cycle and it could very well trigger some type of hysteric rage.

It's sad to see so many things that happen fall into the category of just 'a story'. Thank you for sharing though. thumbsup.gif

My brother lived in a trailer in the sticks with heavy woods and a swamp backing his trailer outside of the Ft. Polk army post in louisiana. Shortly after moving in, a creature began to come in the night and claw the back of the trailer and even bite the metal.(the trailer was about six feet off the ground in back where the creature would attack) My brother, after several months of this and much lack of sleep, figured out that when his wife's "time of the month" came the creature would attack and when there was a full moon, the creature would attack. Once, he even told me that both things occurred at the same time and the creature nearly ripped the back door and wall off the trailer. He had to reattach the metal each time this happened.(the claw and bite marks were about 12 feet from the ground on the wall) He never saw the creature, but did spend many sleepless nights sitting in a chair watching the wall with his 7mag rifle. The most interesting thing to me is that the creature was very intelligent and eventually learned to kill the power to the house via a breaker switch mounted on a pole in the back yard.(they had no phone) The nearest neighbor was the landlord who was 1/4 of a mile away and was about 85 years old at the time. The swamp was only about 50 or 60 feet from the back of the trailer and seems to be where the thing was coming from. My brother doesn't talk much about it any more, but these are the details as best as I remember them. My theory to my brother was the landlord was a werewolf,  but my brother dismissed that idea because the man was too old. A bigfoot or a bear would be my next guess. Considering the clawmarks were about 8 inches between each finger(5 on each "hand"), either could have been the culprit, although it never left any tracks to identify it by.  Has anyone else heard of anything similar in this area or know of any sites that may have information for the area ? Any and all replies/ questions/ theories are welcome....Allen  original.gif

595373[/snapback]

Buy a rifle. Next full moon, put a round through the wall. Problem solved. Mystery solved. He becomes rich man after selling the body of an aggresive Sasquatch or Werewolf.

OK everyone, I know that I saw the claw and bite marks, although nothing happened while I was there. Bears, cats, etc. would leave tracks, and I seriously doubt they could pull off turning off the main power to the house. I was 13 years old at the time and didn't have money to buy a camera or film or I certainly would have documented this event. I did talk to my brother and got the specific location of the trailer. The nearest town was Slagle, which is North and a little East of Leesville. I confronted my brother about not seeming to want to talk about this and found out that when he had cancer ten years ago, he lost much memory on things that happened back then. He cannot even remember other events from that time. I know that these must seem convenient excuses to all of you, but I didn't post the story to get opinions necessarily as much as trying to ascertain If anyone else had heard of anything else from that area and time frame that would coincide with what happened. Was hoping there were sighting of some sort from the area or other attacks. My brother did convey that he remembered being more scared of this than anything else that has ever happened in his life. Allen

ITS EL CHUPACABRA!!!! sorry just had to say that original.gif seriously though, bears can be that smart and that strong if it wants to be, but why would anything atttack his trailer?

My problem with a bear is I don't think it would be able to turn off the power. It just doesn't fit in.

The bigfoot camp has some members who believe that bigfoot is paranormal rather than flesh and blood, that fits in with no footprints. I'm a flesh and blood girl myself.

If you take your story over to www.bigfootforums.com theres some real 'bush' knowledgeable guys over there. Years of experience, they'd probably be able to let you know if a bear was capable of this or if it leans more to something else.

Forgive me if I overlooked this but, does he recall any noise that the creature might have made? You might just very well be onto something, if nothing else.. it's one of the more interesting documentations that I have heard in a very long time. I would personally hate to leave in a very remote area such as he.

I find it very odd though that you said there were no tracks. My theory would be that if it were bigger than a bear, it would almost certainly leave some type of tracks. Unless it is very dry land, there would be something out there. Also, one more question. How long were these claw marks? You mentioned the distance between each, but how long would you estimate the length to be?

It was a good read; but I'd have to say that neither bear nor bigfoot fits in with the power being switched off..I'd be more inclined to say this was more like something a human prankster would pull..

• Like 1