Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Dinosaur-extinction Theory

Darlon

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hans Dolbrook

• Darlon

• smallpackage

• Accident

What this theory doesn't explain:

* The impact events are associated with layers of extraterrestrial material, such as the iridium of the KT event. This would need to be present in Earth's mantle and there is little evidence to support that.

I think this is a biggie for the Cretaceous-Tertiary extinction event. The iridium layer would seem to suggest an impact with an object of extraterrestrial origin.

where is the proof?we have proof a meteor struck in the yuccatan penansula.where is the proof of this spontaneous eruption??? ohmy.gif

where is the proof?we have proof a meteor struck in the yuccatan penansula.where is the proof of this spontaneous eruption??? ohmy.gif

595701[/snapback]

I have to admit, I know very little about how this theory came into existence.

595701[/snapback]

I have to admit, I know very little about how this theory came into existence.

595740[/snapback]

me neither.that's why i was asking.in truth that's all we have are theories since there is no recorded text presdating our ancestors. laugh.gif

user posted image

I heard of this theory recently, here, in a site that talks about some possible end-of-the-world scenarios: http://www.exitmundi.nl/exitmundi.htm . For some reason, the theory sounds kind of comical to me. Maybe it's the site's description...

"The earth literally caves in underneath your feet. Next thing you know, you find yourself falling into this colossal, gaping hole, many kilometers deep and hundreds of kilometers wide. You, your house, yes: your entire country is sucked in. Deep down below, you might just be able to see the red hot flicker of the Earth’s restless bowels.

And if that spoils your day -- just wait. For deep down underneath you, the gaping hole starts to collapse. Starting from below, the crater squeezes tight, like some ridiculously large gullet contracting. Traveling at the speed of sound, the squeezing comes straight at you.

Incoming!: What goes up, must come down

And then, it’s: POP! You’re blasted out of the hole, like a piece of wet soap, catapulted out of someone's hand. And you’re not the only one that is launched. In fact, your entire country pops out, along with tonnes and tonnes and tonnes of rock and soil. The debris -- and you -- fly off into the stratosphere.

Let’s face it: by now, you’re probably dead. But for arguments sake, let’s say you’re not. Next thing you know, you find yourself hovering over the Earth, like some oddball DIY astronaut, sitting on a chunk of debris. You fly and fly, and then, just when you’re beginning to appreciate the view -- oh boy, going doooooooown!

The Earth’s gravity pulls you back in again. You impact on the other side of the planet, together with your entire country. Ka-boom!"

thats a interesting theory, thx for the link thumbsup.gif

hmm.gif ....

marduk and co will cut this up for breakfast. thumbsup.giforiginal.gif

LOL! True, but is indeed very interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

Ya I have studied this theory some. Not much, but a little to know a few basics.Yes it is possible for the volcanoes to collapse and erupt throwing debris into the air. For look at how much a pinch of volcanoe smoke can do to the atmosphere-alot of damage. So then it would set off the ring of fire, therefor creating no sunlight, which would lead to no sun, no heat--consider this theory with the ice age-we have wooly mammoths in perfect condition to prove that. Or the volcanoes would set off the earthquakes resulting in heat and cold air coliding, resulting in tons of hurricanes, tsunamis, tornadoes-therfor also in return resulting in poor water that would kill you drinking it which in revelations of the end times will be called 'wormwood', bad air, ozone layer gone resulting in overheating. So the 'big' volcanic wordly eruption could lead to so many things. We'll find out one day!! I think since dinasours lived millions and billions of years before us that possibly dinasours went extinct thru many different periods on the earth. Like ice age being one, poor drinking water, sort of a end of days scanerio with the blackened skies and such. Many many times they could have died. Till finally there was none of them left. wink2.gif

Homer killed the dinosaur species remember. He sneezed. *shakes head* Poor little buggers, never had a chance. sad.gif

• 4 months later...

Ok, here is my veiws about this

How much gas would it take to send a huge piece of rock into the air when it takes tons of rocket fuel to blast a small rocket into space. The gas would have to have enough force for something to potentionally explode out of the depth of the ocean and still have enough momentum to reach outer space, and if enough gas were to build up and explode with that amout of force, then the earth would most likely break a little. I cant see how this idea works.

Rare and Unusual Human Creature: That site is damn crazy

hhmm i dont understand scientific language, but maybe the gulf of mexico is where the metoriote landed... and then.. um.. fell off?......

One of the big, of rather, THE bigthing going against this case here is that there is no evidence that it happened. What's so wrong with regular volcanism? When tambora blew its top, it caused devestating climactic change that led to a "year without a summer". 65km of debris shot into the atmosphere, but not as a single lump. and tambora's not even a supervolcano.

basically, to launch a solid dome into the air would take immense gas pressure, certainly. but it would also require:

1. a volcano that is perfectly solid, not a crack in the rock sort of thing.

2. an extremely dense, stable, mafic material composing the volcano, the dome, and the greater surrounding area.

3. a magma so silicic that it is capable of holding gases for a very long time

basically, you'd need silicic magma to come from a mafic volcano. oh, and perfect structural stability for hundreds of square km.