Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pyramids Around the World

STIX

coz probs im not posting sum good new threads recently.....

not all of them are the same, ther are triangle ones, there are ones wiht levels, and ones that are like towers. maybe years from now, people will wonder why we had buildings all over teh place?

606648[/snapback]

and why they are all rectangular?

but wait...thats easy, because that is practical...unlike pyramids which are far from practical.

The egyptians ruled for 5000 years or something right?...mabye they spread the word of pyramids across the globe?

afterall, a bearded man came to the mayans in a boat and taught them everything they knew right? (their mythology says this)

not all of them are the same, ther are triangle ones, there are ones wiht levels, and ones that are like towers. maybe years from now, people will wonder why we had buildings all over teh place?

606648[/snapback]

and why they are all rectangular?

but wait...thats easy, because that is practical...unlike pyramids which are far from practical.

The egyptians ruled for 5000 years or something right?...mabye they spread the word of pyramids across the globe?

afterall, a bearded man came to the mayans in a boat and taught them everything they knew right? (their mythology says this)

606889[/snapback]

You really want me to tell you where you went wrong in that tirade or do you know already ?

Hello,

I simply hop this bus and start with asking you:

Do you know where the next pyramid can be found (I know the answer...):

user posted image

Abe.

http://www.crystalinks.com/pyrgreece.html

user posted image

There are more than 16 pyramids spread over Greece. The oldest one is the pyramid of Hellinikon.

The existence of ancient pyramids in Greece, some of which date before those found in Egypt, is now being discovered and investigated. At Hellenikon and Ligourio west of Athens in the Argolid region, are two limestone pyramids that are stylistically very much like those at Giza near Cairo. The big difference is size; the Greek pyramids are only the size of a large room compared to the Great Pyramid's height (with capstone) of almost 500 feet.

There in no clear evidence as to the use of pyramids in Greece in antiquity. Archeologists believe that they are memorials or observation-communication towers (phryctoriums). During the later years of Antiquity, the ''Pyramid'' was considered as a burial monument , a ''polyandreion'', while nowadays there is no doubt that it was a fort of the type of small strong-holds which controlled the arterial roads and which are known from other regions of the Argolid.

The pyramid at Hellenikon has the shape of a tour with its external sides sloping and surrounding a rectangular building of total dimensions 7,03 by 9,07 m. These external walls, which rise with a gradient of 60o up to 3,50 m high become vertical to in order to support the floors of the building. The main entrance of the monument is situated at its eastern side, that is the side which is turned towards the bay of the Argolid. From inside this gate a narrow corridor which leads to a smaller entrance, opened on the southern wall of the main space, a square room with sides about 7 m long.

This monument is built entirely from the gray limestone of the district with large blocks in a trapezoidal and partially polygonal system.

The Academy of Athens has published results of dating the Hellenikon pyramid (9-2-1995). Dating measurements were performed by the Laboratory of Archaeometry at Dimokritos Research Institute in Athens and by the Nuclear Dating Laboratory of the department of Physics at the University of Edinbourgh in Scotland. The method of Optical Thermoluminescence was employed to date samples taken from the pyramid. It was determined that the pyramid was erected at about 2720 B.C. It must be noted that, according to these results, the Hellenikon pyramid predates, by at least 100 years, the oldest Egyptian pyramid (Djoser - 2620 B.C.) and by 170 years the Great Pyramid of Cheops (Khufu - 2550 B.C.)

http://www.crystalinks.com/pyrgreece.html

user posted image

There are more than 16 pyramids spread over Greece. The oldest one is the pyramid of Hellinikon.

The existence of ancient pyramids in Greece, some of which date before those found in Egypt, is now being discovered and investigated. At Hellenikon and Ligourio west of Athens in the Argolid region, are two limestone pyramids that are stylistically very much like those at Giza near Cairo. The big difference is size; the Greek pyramids are only the size of a large room compared to the Great Pyramid's height (with capstone) of almost 500 feet.

There in no clear evidence as to the use of pyramids in Greece in antiquity. Archeologists believe that they are memorials or observation-communication towers (phryctoriums). During the later years of Antiquity, the ''Pyramid'' was considered as a burial monument , a ''polyandreion'', while nowadays there is no doubt that it was a fort of the type of small strong-holds which controlled the arterial roads and which are known from other regions of the Argolid.

The pyramid at Hellenikon has the shape of a tour with its external sides sloping and surrounding a rectangular building of total dimensions 7,03 by 9,07 m. These external walls, which rise with a gradient of 60o up to 3,50 m high become vertical to in order to support the floors of the building. The main entrance of the monument is situated at its eastern side, that is the side which is turned towards the bay of the Argolid. From inside this gate a narrow corridor which leads to a smaller entrance, opened on the southern wall of the main space, a square room with sides about 7 m long.

This monument is built entirely from the gray limestone of the district with large blocks in a trapezoidal and partially polygonal system.

The Academy of Athens has published results of dating the Hellenikon pyramid (9-2-1995). Dating measurements were performed by the Laboratory of Archaeometry at Dimokritos Research Institute in Athens and by the Nuclear Dating Laboratory of the department of Physics at the University of Edinbourgh in Scotland. The method of Optical Thermoluminescence was employed to date samples taken from the pyramid. It was determined that the pyramid was erected at about 2720 B.C. It must be noted that, according to these results, the Hellenikon pyramid predates, by at least 100 years, the oldest Egyptian pyramid (Djoser - 2620 B.C.) and by 170 years the Great Pyramid of Cheops (Khufu - 2550 B.C.)

609853[/snapback]

and your point is what exactly ?

I am curious as to what your point is as well. Pyramids are found throughout the ancient world. The Aztects built over 100 of them. All have their own properties and particularities that indicate which culture thy came from and how they were built. What is so unusual about pyramids?

My point of the post about Greek pyramids:

"hey, how interesting that Greece has pyramids older than the oldest Egyptian ones!"

My point with the'unknown' pyramid:

It's not Aztec/Toltec/Mayan. Where do you think this pyramid can be found? Or do you think that it's shape is quite common and it could be found everywhere on the globe? I don't think so.

Abe.

It certain looks South American, although it is much smaller, and the dimensions are a bit steeper and more rectangular than I would expect from this region. I would venture to say that it might be Early Incan, however, not having done any research, it would only be a guess.

After extensive study of the akashic records, long discourse with Satan, and afternoon tea with representatives of reptilians, greys, nordic, and vogons(btw greys say they have been misrepresented and want to be known as the little grey dudes with black eyes from now now on) I can now reveal the supersecret origins of pyramids through out the world. I must write this very quickly as the MIB are knocking on the door right now.

The ancient people were inteligent and observant. They did some work and realized that the pyramid is the most stable structure that can be built and decided to use it as the basis for there most important buildings. GIven the complete lack of consistency in use(for example the El Castilo in Mexico(a Mayan pyramid) is a temple to the God of the sun where as the Great Pyramid of Giza was an elaborate tomb for a Pharoph and his attendants) its ubsurd to think there is some mystical or extraterrestrial explanation. The ancients had the tools, time and slave labor force necissary to build the structures and did so. They are so remarkable simply because the brilliance of there design(simple is often in fact the most brilliant design of all after all) that they still exist when a lot of structures from that era have since crumbled.

The pyramid in the above picture is located in Candi Sukuh, on the island of Java, south-eastern Asia, dating to 1459 AD.

Last summer during a visit to Greec I managed to see and take photographs of the pyramids of Hellenikon and Ligourion, this one in a very poor state. They are very different from micenean towers or blockhouses, which are rather common in the region of Mikenes, but the masonry is typically micenean (as in the acropolis of Kazarma). The ellenikon pyramid lies in a valley, surely the worst place in which to build a tower, a feature which is even more evidente for what concerns Ligourion pyramid. The pyramids are very well indicated, and road signs clearly call them "pyramids", not towers or anything like that. I also managed to take some pictures from the distance of the Taygetos pyramid. The shape is maybe too regulare to be natural, very likely it's man made. The rock pattern is completely different from the sorrounding rock strata.

Candi Sukuh, dated to the 15th century from inscriptions, was built upon a series of terraces which probably date from an earlier period. Hauntingly, the main temple takes the striking form of a Mayan-like pyramid, and thoughts of alien architects spring briefly to mind. More likely, the shape abstractly echoes inverted female genitalia. Not surprisingly, the pyramid was originally topped by a giant phallus, now kept in the National Museum in Jakarta.

The carved decorations in the compound feature images that are as mysteriously magical as they are eye-popping. Exaggerated sexual prowess and anatomically correct hero warriors and deities don't require much Freudian analysis to be understood -- their linga-worshipping designers were in the midst of a civil war with Muslim armies and, as the temple is dedicated to the swordsmithing god Bima, a certain amount of wishful bravado is understandable.

the 15th century

boy thats old

the pyramid was originally topped by a giant phallus

ahahahahahah

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

not kinda the same as the giza complex though i suppose in its own way that too is a phallic symbol

kevin m i agree with most of what you said as in they are very simple to build but ziggurats outdate the pyramids by quite a margin. So ziggurats are mark 1.

why is a ziggurat thats built with a lower level burial chamber so different from an egyptian pyramid thats built with a lower level burial chamber exactly ?

did i miss something or did you ?

I have heard that all the pyramids had one major thing in common.All of them were meant to get closer to God.Let it be the pyramid of the sun or the pyramids of Giza, all of them were trying to reach God.For example the tower of Babel.The people of that time were building a structure which could take them closer to the heavens.A simple staircase could never be built to reach great heights.So thats what I think is the reason why the pyramids were built.

I have heard that all the pyramids had one major thing in common.All of them were meant to get closer to God.Let it be the pyramid of the sun or the pyramids of Giza, all of them were trying to reach God.For example the tower of Babel.The people of that time were building a structure which could take them closer to the heavens.A simple staircase could never be built to reach great heights.So thats what I think is the reason why the pyramids were built.

611203[/snapback]

your example is a biblical one.

thats very scary

the tower of babel was actually "Esagilia" the temple of Marduk in the centre of babylon

I should know eh

kevin m i agree with most of what you said as in they are very simple to build but ziggurats outdate the pyramids by quite a margin. So ziggurats are mark 1.

why is a ziggurat thats built with a lower level burial chamber so different from an egyptian pyramid thats built with a lower level burial chamber exactly ?

Yeah you misunderstood. Mostly because quite honestly I could have clarified myself better. The point I was making is that the major purposes the pyramids through out the world were put to aren't necisarily consistent. In some cultures(as you just pointed out) they were used for similar purposes but in others they had a different purpose. The specific example I gave was an Egyptian pyramid in relationship to a Mayan pyramid on the Yukatan Peninsula in Mexico. One was meant to be a burial chamber, the other was meant to be a temple to a god. The two are different reasons for the same general structure. My mistake I should have been more clear.

Yeah you misunderstood. Mostly because quite honestly I could have clarified myself better. The point I was making is that the major purposes the pyramids through out the world were put to aren't necisarily consistent. In some cultures(as you just pointed out) they were used for similar purposes but in others they had a different purpose. The specific example I gave was an Egyptian pyramid in relationship to a Mayan pyramid on the Yukatan Peninsula in Mexico. One was meant to be a burial chamber, the other was meant to be a temple to a god. The two are different reasons for the same general structure. My mistake I should have been more clear.

611317[/snapback]

Nope,

you should have done some more research.

w00t.gifw00t.gif

you don't know anywhere near as much as you claim,

got an encyclopedia open next to you probably ?

And you seem fond of telling people there wrong with out proof. Show me where I'm wrong instead of telling me because sadly your word doesn't count for any thing with me.

And you seem fond of telling people there wrong with out proof.  Show me where I'm wrong instead of telling me because sadly your word doesn't count for any thing with me.

611412[/snapback]

Yeah funny how i always seem to have that reaction from xtians isn't it

you're the one here thats got it wrong

i don't have to back up my claims as they're orthodox and anyone can easily find out with google.

its a lot better source than the bible which quite frankly is laughable as far as verifiable history goes !

Don't forget that your religion is based on judaism will ya

might help if you find out where your faith actually came from

from your private message to me :-

"You're obviously just another wack job more interested in flinging insults then making useful points. At this point I think I'll just hit ignore user and save myself a big waste of time talking to yet another zealot."

hmm so let me get this straight ?

you think i'm a zealot who's flinging insults

ya got a mirror handy boy

zealot definition : A member of a Jewish movement of the first century A.D. that fought against Roman rule in Palestine as incompatible with strict monotheism.

hmm so i'm a first century jew.

interesting. Is that an example of being a good christian then ?

I would suggest you don't talk to me again Kevin

cos everytime you do from now on i'm going to totally flame you

see my faith has no requirement for me to turn the other cheek

at all

Edited by marduk

i just read a post from a while back when someone was asking about if there were such things as underwater pyramids, after reading your post i sure believe know!

i just read a post from a while back when someone was asking about if there were such things as underwater pyramids, after reading your post i sure believe know!

611989[/snapback]

you're referring to the cuban pyramids discovered recently off havana.

they certainly fit the pattern of other temple complexes in the area.

teotihuacan and chicken itza are geographically very close by

Lets see:

El Castilo: Mayan temple dedicated to the sun god site of ritual sacrafices in his honor

Great Pyramid of Giza: Tomb for a pharoph and his followers

tell me where I"m wrong. You babble a lot Marduk but just expect every one to believe you. Typical religous nut.

Lets see:

El Castilo: Mayan temple dedicated to the sun god site of ritual sacrafices in his honor

tell me where I"m wrong.  You babble a lot Marduk but just expect every one to believe you.  Typical religous nut.

612800[/snapback]

El Castillo (2 l's) built to represent a mountain. Built on the top of a smaller temple

with a burial chamber on the lower level.

the first pyramid in egypt at saqquara built to represent a mountain. built on top of a smaller temple with a burial chamber on the lower level

You're the one claiming to be a devout christian,

that makes you the religious Nut

shall we take a vote

go back to sunday school and come back when you've something factual to contribute

Lets see:

tell me where I"m wrong.  You babble a lot Marduk but just expect every one to believe you.  Typical religous nut.

612800[/snapback]

El Castillo (2 l's) built to represent a mountain. Built on the top of a smaller temple

the first pyramid in egypt at saqquara built to represent a mountain. built on top of a smaller temple with a burial chamber on the lower level

shall we take a vote

go back to sunday school and come back when you've something factual to contribute

612855[/snapback]

Wow you finally stop talking out of your rear and explain yourself. I now have a smidgeon of respect for you as opposed to thinking your a bombastic blow hard. Why don't you chill out learn to discuss things like an adult and get back to me.

Lets see:

612800[/snapback]

shall we take a vote

612855[/snapback]

Wow you finally stop talking out of your rear and explain yourself. I now have a smidgeon of respect for you as opposed to thinking your a bombastic blow hard. Why don't you chill out learn to discuss things like an adult and get back to me.

612865[/snapback]

Because i have no respect or time for somebody who's so close minded they would describe themselves as a devout christian.

That translates as idiot in my lexicon as you've already proved several times over.

How about I don't get back to you as you clearly have no comprehension of factual history whatsoever.

You'll be claiming that there was a tower of babel next

Or that a jewish carpenter with a greek name performed miracles in the holy land 2000 years ago or something else that has no factual basis in history.

like being the one and only.

Thats a great idea if you think about it.

Find a religion (i.e. judaism) that claims to worship the one true god and then create your own one true god from that idea.

really original.

w00t.gifw00t.gif

• The topic was locked