Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pyramids Around the World

STIX

heres some mre tripe i mean, facts about martian pyramids and crop circles. w00t.gif  w00t.gif  blink.gif  grin2.gif

http://www.cropcirclebooks.com/html/page8.htm

602680[/snapback]

i was going to list just how wrong each sentence in your link was.

or is it a government sponsored case of "the names have been changed to protect the innocent".

just this bit alone "The Great Pyramid at Giza was known about in Sumeria and Mesopotamia" is factually impossible seeing as the land of sumeria ceased to exist before the great pyramid was actually built and thats the first line ??

w00t.gifw00t.gif

I always thought the sinai peninsula was named after the moon god Sin too.

not Nannar/Sin. who can't be anyone's father because Nannar is a girls name.

now if they're trying to say Naram Sin they'd be getting somewhere, but I thought everyone knew he was Narmer. Then throw in a sumerian Goddess "Inanna" and Ninharsag, who are actually the same person and you've got the plot for next weeks episode of Stargate.

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

604161[/snapback]

You make jokes, but.. you're not far from the truth.

Stargate scares me sometimes.

Pyramids have fascinated me for quite some time. At first glance, these massive structures from around the world look similar. A closer look tells us this could not be farther from the truth. Pyramids were built for many different reasons; for sacrifice, prayer, honoring the sun and/or moon, tracking time,communication with the gods, tombs and living quarters.

Two things the pyramids DO have in common are building materials and manpower.

Imagine you wanted to build a tower to the heavens. Without materials such as reinforced concrete and metal beams, the only way to build up is to build out as well. After many concrete or rock "blocks" are stacked, the bottom blocks will crumble under the massive weight and the tower would topple to the ground. However, placing the weight of blocks over three or four blocks allows primitive builders to reach hights otherwise impossible.

Yeah funny how i always seem to have that reaction from xtians isn't it

you're the one here thats got it wrong

i don't have to back up my claims as they're orthodox and anyone can easily find out with google.

I don't need google to see that your behavior points to you being the biggest p***k I've ever seen on an online forum.

Instead of offering polite, intelligent reasons, you fling insults.

Zealot, by the way, has more meanings than just that one - especially since meanings of words are determined by society, not the original use of the word.

And lastly, you're so full of yourself and how "right" you are, that you're actually pushing people away from what you say. That is, if what you *believe* is the "truth", then you're doing more harm to the "truth" than any lies could ever do by alienating people and insulting them. no.gif

Because i have no respect or time for somebody who's so close minded they would describe themselves as a devout christian.

That translates as idiot in my lexicon as you've already proved several times over.

The last time I'll waste my typing on you, but - the insane amount of hypocrisy in those statements is astounding!

Wow!

You call christians close-minded in one breath, then say "devout christian" translates as idiot in the next.

Let me guess, you probably think all black people are christians, all jews are rich penny-pinchers, and all white people are european, eh? thumbsup.gif

Yeah funny how i always seem to have that reaction from xtians isn't it

you're the one here thats got it wrong

i don't have to back up my claims as they're orthodox and anyone can easily find out with google.

I don't need google to see that your behavior points to you being the biggest p***k I've ever seen on an online forum.

Instead of offering polite, intelligent reasons, you fling insults.

Zealot, by the way, has more meanings than just that one - especially since meanings of words are determined by society, not the original use of the word.

And lastly, you're so full of yourself and how "right" you are, that you're actually pushing people away from what you say. That is, if what you *believe* is the "truth", then you're doing more harm to the "truth" than any lies could ever do by alienating people and insulting them. no.gif

612945[/snapback]

I was venting at Kevin M because of the insults that he started throwing

this isn't a religious war and it was him that started with the religion.

ok

whats your problem

why don't you say something of interest instead of just commenting on other peoples posts

you're doing exactly what you just blamed me for

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifno.gifno.gif

Because i have no respect or time for somebody who's so close minded they would describe themselves as a devout christian.

That translates as idiot in my lexicon as you've already proved several times over.

The last time I'll waste my typing on you, but - the insane amount of hypocrisy in those statements is astounding!

Wow!

You call christians close-minded in one breath, then say "devout christian" translates as idiot in the next.

Let me guess, you probably think all black people are christians, all jews are rich penny-pinchers, and all white people are european, eh? thumbsup.gif

612962[/snapback]

Actually i am completely non racist, sexist or any other ist

thats because pantheists don't have ten commandments

just one

"be good"

If you don't like life in your chosen faith then why don't you change it

or is this another example of a christian not turning the other cheek even though nobody has slapped him

and i didn't say christians are close minded

I said that devout christians are close minded to factual history

I think thats fair

tell me about this great deluge

what year was that again ?

Top of the mountains the water reached was it

and the earth was created in seven days

see

BUT......you WILL show respect towards other's in your posts here or you will not post.

Friendly advice this time.

Lets see:

El Castilo: Mayan temple dedicated to the sun god site of ritual sacrafices in his honor

Great Pyramid of Giza: Tomb for a pharoph and his followers

tell me where I"m wrong.  You babble a lot Marduk but just expect every one to believe you.  Typical religous nut.

612800[/snapback]

El Castillo (2 l's) built to represent a mountain. Built on the top of a smaller temple

with a burial chamber on the lower level.

the first pyramid in egypt at saqquara built to represent a mountain. built on top of a smaller temple with a burial chamber on the lower level

You're the one claiming to be a devout christian,

that makes you the religious Nut

shall we take a vote

go back to sunday school and come back when you've something factual to contribute

612855[/snapback]

Wow you finally stop talking out of your rear and explain yourself. I now have a smidgeon of respect for you as opposed to thinking your a bombastic blow hard. Why don't you chill out learn to discuss things like an adult and get back to me.

612865[/snapback]

How about I don't get back to you as you clearly have no comprehension of factual history whatsoever.

You'll be claiming that there was a tower of babel next

Or that a jewish carpenter with a greek name performed miracles in the holy land 2000 years ago or something else that has no factual basis in history.

like being the one and only.

Thats a great idea if you think about it.

Find a religion (i.e. judaism) that claims to worship the one true god and then create your own one true god from that idea.

really original.

w00t.gifw00t.gif

612879[/snapback]

For some one who claims to know so much you have some really bigoted ideas about christians. I'm Christian so I'm an idiot. Your no better then a christian who says that because your not christian your going to hell.

Lets see:

El Castilo: Mayan temple dedicated to the sun god site of ritual sacrafices in his honor

Great Pyramid of Giza: Tomb for a pharoph and his followers

tell me where I"m wrong.  You babble a lot Marduk but just expect every one to believe you.  Typical religous nut.

612800[/snapback]

El Castillo (2 l's) built to represent a mountain. Built on the top of a smaller temple

with a burial chamber on the lower level.

the first pyramid in egypt at saqquara built to represent a mountain. built on top of a smaller temple with a burial chamber on the lower level

You're the one claiming to be a devout christian,

that makes you the religious Nut

shall we take a vote

go back to sunday school and come back when you've something factual to contribute

612855[/snapback]

Wow you finally stop talking out of your rear and explain yourself. I now have a smidgeon of respect for you as opposed to thinking your a bombastic blow hard. Why don't you chill out learn to discuss things like an adult and get back to me.

612865[/snapback]

How about I don't get back to you as you clearly have no comprehension of factual history whatsoever.

You'll be claiming that there was a tower of babel next

Or that a jewish carpenter with a greek name performed miracles in the holy land 2000 years ago or something else that has no factual basis in history.

like being the one and only.

Thats a great idea if you think about it.

Find a religion (i.e. judaism) that claims to worship the one true god and then create your own one true god from that idea.

really original.

w00t.gifw00t.gif

612879[/snapback]

For some one who claims to know so much you have some really bigoted ideas about christians. I'm Christian so I'm an idiot. Your no better then a christian who says that because your not christian your going to hell.

613019[/snapback]

but surely by any definition a devout christian (your terminology) says exactly that.

"because your not christian your going to hell"

I thought thats what being a devout christian means

It's not my impression either but the one thats been given me by other devout christians

So either way you look at it either christians are to blame for being close minded idiots or they're responsible for me believing that they are close minded idiots

I never ever said christians were idiots

Just those devout ones who claim to know anything about history !

thats quite specific

as for me going to hell

seeing as I know that its a fictional place i'm hardly worried.

Gotta be better than singing for the rest of eternity.... right

w00t.gifw00t.gif

Sigh typical nonsense from a psuedo intelectual. No for the record I don't condemn people to Hell. I am a devout Christian as in a follower of the teachings of Jesus(or if you prefer Yeshua which is proabably closer to his name in the Hebrew) which include "Judge not lest ye be judged." Or for the simple minded(ie you) I leave the judging of your eternal fate in God's hands not mine.

Sigh typical nonsense from a psuedo intelectual.  No for the record I don't condemn people to Hell.  I am a devout Christian as in a follower of the teachings of Jesus(or if you prefer Yeshua which is proabably closer to his name in the Hebrew) which include "Judge not lest ye be judged."  Or for the simple minded(ie you) I leave the judging of your eternal fate in God's hands not mine.

613085[/snapback]

Yeah but is that My god or yours

If its yours i'd rather not

i don't exactly trust deities that throw around quotes like "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth—men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air—for I am grieved that I have made them"

and then entirely fails to do so

So he's genocidal and he makes mistakes

hardly perfect

"Judge not lest ye be judged" doesn't that also apply to god

I have noticed how in christianity theres normally one rule for God's immediate family and a different one for all the sheep.

There is no such thing as reincarnation

unless you're names Jesus Apparently

"Or for the simple minded(ie you)"

and thats not judging is it ?

How do you measure a nuclear explosion with 1 gramme of sulphur again ?

I must have missed that one at school

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

So you just following Jesus must mean that you don't believe in the flood and the garden of eden and all that other tripe....right ?

w00t.gifw00t.gifthumbsup.gif

but surely by any definition a devout christian (your terminology) says exactly that.

It's not my impression either but the one thats been given me by other devout christians

So either way you look at it either christians are to blame for being close minded idiots or they're responsible for me believing that they are close minded idiots

thats quite specific

as for me going to hell

Even though I said I'd not waste my time, I think I'm going to respond to this.

I apologize for my anger earlier, it was uncalled for.

However, I do have to correct a misconception you seem to have. Just by calling oneself "Christian" does not make one a Christian. In some cases, it's truthful - though most devout -real- Christians I know do NOT flaunt the label, but rather teach what it means, instead. People are not perfect - they make mistakes - even Christians. You, yourself, have made mistakes and have not followed perfectly that belief of "Be Good" that you stated earlier, how do I know this? Because, as near as I can tell, you're a human being.

A "devout Christian" does NOT go around telling people they're going to hell because they're of a different faith. There's another name for that, and I'd rather keep my soul clean of saying it. tongue.gif

A "devout Christian", a follower of the teacher known as "Jesus" or "Yeshua", actually serves everyone around him or her to the best of their ability. It is NOT the purpose of a Christian to demean someone for their beliefs, or damn their name and/or actions. Quite the contrary - it is their purpose to serve them and teach them what is better, through example, education, and sometimes intervention. It is also their purpose to serve and help those who are in need - the homeless, the down-trodden, and the oppress.

It is not their way to start or fight in a war, but it sometimes happens, and they're forgiven, if you believe in the teachings.

The point of Christianity is not to point out the flaws and failings of others around them in a negative manner, it's to teach them what the wages of sin might be (drug addicts losing their kids to social services, things like that) and help them get away from the sin that ruins their life.

A note on sin before I close this: sin is not something you can list off on bullet points of "that's a sin.." Why? Because even some of the nicest things can be done for "sinful" reasons. Certain things are wrong in the Judean laws, and are considered Sin, a Christian should take those into account in their daily lives, and behave appropriately. Again, however, not everyone is perfect.

In the end, it all boils down to beliefs and faith - a belief is something that you actively seek to either impose or "wrap around" with your world view. Faith is something that you know - to the core of your being - to be correct, and will overcome whatever your world view changes to on a daily basis.

thats quite specific

as for me going to hell

Even though I said I'd not waste my time, I think I'm going to respond to this.

I apologize for my anger earlier, it was uncalled for.

However, I do have to correct a misconception you seem to have. Just by calling oneself "Christian" does not make one a Christian. In some cases, it's truthful - though most devout -real- Christians I know do NOT flaunt the label, but rather teach what it means, instead. People are not perfect - they make mistakes - even Christians. You, yourself, have made mistakes and have not followed perfectly that belief of "Be Good" that you stated earlier, how do I know this? Because, as near as I can tell, you're a human being.

A "devout Christian" does NOT go around telling people they're going to hell because they're of a different faith. There's another name for that, and I'd rather keep my soul clean of saying it. tongue.gif

A "devout Christian", a follower of the teacher known as "Jesus" or "Yeshua", actually serves everyone around him or her to the best of their ability. It is NOT the purpose of a Christian to demean someone for their beliefs, or damn their name and/or actions. Quite the contrary - it is their purpose to serve them and teach them what is better, through example, education, and sometimes intervention. It is also their purpose to serve and help those who are in need - the homeless, the down-trodden, and the oppress.

It is not their way to start or fight in a war, but it sometimes happens, and they're forgiven, if you believe in the teachings.

The point of Christianity is not to point out the flaws and failings of others around them in a negative manner, it's to teach them what the wages of sin might be (drug addicts losing their kids to social services, things like that) and help them get away from the sin that ruins their life.

A note on sin before I close this: sin is not something you can list off on bullet points of "that's a sin.." Why? Because even some of the nicest things can be done for "sinful" reasons. Certain things are wrong in the Judean laws, and are considered Sin, a Christian should take those into account in their daily lives, and behave appropriately. Again, however, not everyone is perfect.

In the end, it all boils down to beliefs and faith - a belief is something that you actively seek to either impose or "wrap around" with your world view. Faith is something that you know - to the core of your being - to be correct, and will overcome whatever your world view changes to on a daily basis.

613192[/snapback]

Hey No problem LG

I sometimes find myself climbing the walls rather than posting in anger

I have total faith in my belief that I'm not going to Hell

I did once hear this definition of a sin though ?

ask yourself if its something that your local priest would do.

of course these days its not so valid

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/world_churches

Yeah i take your point

its not devout christians i have a beef with. Its those other ones that start with the "F" word.

Last year I got told i was going to hell because i hadn't married in a christian ceremony. Because I don't beleive in the one true god and because i haven't been to confession. ever

But being a non christian Its hardly likely

Sigh typical nonsense from a psuedo intelectual.  No for the record I don't condemn people to Hell.  I am a devout Christian as in a follower of the teachings of Jesus(or if you prefer Yeshua which is proabably closer to his name in the Hebrew) which include "Judge not lest ye be judged."  Or for the simple minded(ie you) I leave the judging of your eternal fate in God's hands not mine.

613085[/snapback]

i don't exactly trust deities that throw around quotes like "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth—men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air—for I am grieved that I have made them"

hardly perfect

I have noticed how in christianity theres normally one rule for God's immediate family and a different one for all the sheep.

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

So you just following Jesus must mean that you don't believe in the flood and the garden of eden and all that other tripe....right ?

613138[/snapback]

Come on if God created the entire world we owe any thing that we have to him. With out him we quite litterally would be nothing. Believing your entitled to judge him is like saying the Mona Lisa can call Leonardo a no talent hack or that he didn't have the right to destroy the painting and start over. The basic problem humans have(and a big part of why people can't cope with christianity) is that as a species we have an extremely inflated ego.

613085[/snapback]

hardly perfect

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

613138[/snapback]

Come on if God created the entire world we owe any thing that we have to him. With out him we quite litterally would be nothing. Believing your entitled to judge him is like saying the Mona Lisa can call Leonardo a no talent hack or that he didn't have the right to destroy the painting and start over. The basic problem humans have(and a big part of why people can't cope with christianity) is that as a species we have an extremely inflated ego.

613329[/snapback]

You started your paragraph with " come on if"

thats a very big IF

its not an irrefutable IF

The basic problem humans have is that they get conned so easily by religion.

The only reason people can't cope with christianity is because christianity claims to be the only way.

It isn't

as most of the worlds population attests to.

You're comparing the human race to the mona lisa, that sounds like you have no compassion for humanity at all,

Just like your god

And all this has what exactly to do with pyramids......? hmm.gifno.gif

Isn't there another forum for trading religious insults?

And all this has what exactly to do with pyramids......?  hmm.gif  no.gif

Isn't there another forum for trading religious insults?

613868[/snapback]

you mean the ghmb,

lol

• 2 years later...

I am surprised that you lot are so slow. Pyramids are not just on this planet. there are some on Mars. Look at this

post-71086-1206980552_thumb.png

These are pyramids, no tayloring. They may be natural but NASA admits that mars once had Oxygen and liquid Water and is the prime candidate for life in our solarsyster other that Earth.

If you look in the top right of the immage you can see a face, FBI imige matching technology can find only one link on Earth. Take a guess. Thats it. The Sphinx. Odd hu?

post-71086-1206980831_thumb.jpg

Hope you enjoy

hardly perfect

:w00t::w00t::w00t:

:w00t::w00t::tu:

You started your paragraph with " come on if"

thats a very big IF

its not an irrefutable IF

The basic problem humans have is that they get conned so easily by religion.

The only reason people can't cope with christianity is because christianity claims to be the only way.

It isn't

as most of the worlds population attests to.

You're comparing the human race to the mona lisa, that sounds like you have no compassion for humanity at all,

Just like your god

will you all give it a bloody rest. look. Jesus, Sidata Gutama, Muhamad, Guru Nanak and the rest of the Human Demi gods were real but this is going way off the point. none of them built pyramids, none of them were aztec, egyption or had anything to do with iranian princes and wheather or not they were magic i couldnt give a wossisname. god to me is a way to get money and if he were real then he is going to be having a mental breakdown with an imortal version of a phyciotrist saying "oh me, what have i done" so can we get back to pyramids please.

I am surprised that you lot are so slow. Pyramids are not just on this planet. there are some on Mars. Look at this

If you look in the top right of the immage you can see a face, FBI imige matching technology can find only one link on Earth. Take a guess. Thats it. The Sphinx. Odd hu?

Actually, I'm rather surprised you're so slow. It's been known for years -- since 2001 -- that image is just the confluence of shadows on a mountain that happens to look like a face. Go on, you can see what it actually looks like here.

And I'd love to see some actual data about the "FBI imige matching technology" that "can only find one link on Earth."

--Jaylemurph

edit: spelling

Edited by jaylemurph

What was the reason for the pyramid? and why were they built everywhere? how could all these remote civilizations have developed the same thing?

Here are some cool links I found.

http://www.crystalinks.com/united_states.html

In the USA???

linked-image

http://www.crystalinks.com/pyramidaustralia.html

http://www.bibleufo.com/ancconstpyr.htm

Australia??

linked-image

(kinda looks like a regular mountain, except its not in a mountain range)

http://www.crystalinks.com/pyramidchina.html

CHINA??

linked-image

http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com/phikent/japan/japan2.html

UNDERWATER IN JAPAN!?!?

linked-image

More well known pyramids

http://www.crystalinks.com/mexico.html

mexico

linked-image

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/pyramids.htm

egypt

linked-image

http://www.crystalinks.com/pyramids.html

A list of pyramids around the world including germany, italy, turkey and other places.

http://www.crystalinks.com/pyritaly.html

linked-image

The italian pyramids are quite odd, as they reseble the great pyramids in egypt in layout, as they resemble the constellation of orion.

(They are stone buildings, as recent excavations have proved. However, they are now completely covered by ground and vegetation, so that they now look like hills. )

I think that this is HUGE! I dont know how or why people built all these pyramids, but I heard someone say that they we're under the influence of extra-terrestrials because they were laying clues for us to discover once we became more advanced...very odd...but thats by no means true, and is completley speculation...unless you believe the myths of the ancient people in australia who say their pyramids were build by people from the constellaion orion.

http://www.gizapyramid.com/

A researche who works for the great pyramid of giza research associaton and who used to be a field scientist (inventor of the gamma ray transducer) has collected some amazing data on the great pyramid which suggests it creates an energy field which allows the area to enter extra-dimensional space time.

linked-image

http://www.gizapyramid.com/BIO-Parr.htm

http://www.gizapyramid.com/Parr/parr21.htm

http://www.gizapyramid.com/BIO-Dunn.htm

Another researches has concluded this:

linked-image

he says its a powerplant...

All this info is very odd...and if we are not alone in the glaxy, then its very plausable...and very compelling...otherwise all these pyramids are just nothing more then...ummm...remenants of a lost civilization?? hard to say...

what do you think??

I agree that pyramids thier function an construction are amazing the alignments are the most fascaniting aspect of them. BUT in your second picture u have a pic of Ayers rock wich is not a pyramid, so please do you wanna explain why you put it there.

will you all give it a bloody rest. look. Jesus, Sidata Gutama, Muhamad, Guru Nanak and the rest of the Human Demi gods were real but this is going way off the point. none of them built pyramids, none of them were aztec, egyption or had anything to do with iranian princes and wheather or not they were magic i couldnt give a wossisname. god to me is a way to get money and if he were real then he is going to be having a mental breakdown with an imortal version of a phyciotrist saying "oh me, what have i done" so can we get back to pyramids please.

Dude,

Read the dates on the posts you are getting all fired up about.

They have been "giving it a rest..."

They've been "resting it" for three freaknin years!

You're the one waking this junk up from it's well-deserved "rest!"

Harte

• 3 months later...
unless youre gonna mention the gimpie ape in which case i'd say you need to check your facts

maybe you should check yours too, its Gympie

most of the Australian Gympie Pyramid "facts" are inconclusive and the "pyramid" was demolished before the entrance was opened

maybe you should check yours too, its Gympie

most of the Australian Gympie Pyramid "facts" are inconclusive and the "pyramid" was demolished before the entrance was opened

Arrrgghhhh... let it rest!!!

The pyramid is a simple geometric shape just like a sphere or a cube... It is merely coincidence that more then one civilization has built them.

Most civilizations also made spears, bowls, jars, jewelery and so on... does it mean there is some sort of mystical or magical connection? Of course not and the same applies to pyramids.

Edited by Atheist God

• The topic was locked