Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Heaven and Hell

mrmonsoon

I read this and thought you might like it. It illustrates one point of view for heaven and hell.

The old monk sat by the side of the road. With his eyes closed, his legs crossed and his hands folded in his lap, he sat. In deep meditation, he sat. Suddenly his zazen was interrupted by the harsh and demanding voice of a samurai warrior. "Old man! Teach me about heaven and hell!"

At first, as though he had not heard, there was no perceptible response from the monk. But gradually he began to open his eyes, the faintest hint of a smile playing around the corners of his mouth as the samurai stood there, waiting impatiently, growing more and more agitated with each passing second. "You wish to know the secrets of heaven and hell?" replied the monk at last. "You who are so unkempt. You whose hands and feet are covered with dirt. You whose hair is uncombed, whose breath is foul, whose sword is all rusty and neglected. You who are ugly and whose mother dresses you funny. You would ask me of heaven and hell?"

The samurai uttered a vile curse. He drew his sword and raised it high above his head. His face turned to crimson and the veins on his neck stood out in bold relief as he prepared to sever the monk's head from its shoulders.

"That is hell," said the old monk gently, just as the sword began its descent.

In that fraction of a second, the samurai was overcome with amazement, awe, compassion and love for this gentle being who had dared to risk his very life to give him such a teaching. He stopped his sword in mid-flight and his eyes filled with grateful tears.

"And that," said the monk, "is heaven."

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ken1Burton

• Amalgamut

• mrmonsoon

• unibeing

mrmonsoon,May 1 2005, 11:25 AM]

I read this and thought you might like it.  It illustrates one point of view for heaven and hell.

Powerful message!

Hell is that which we, our individual selves, make it. Anger, hate, lust, jeolousy, faultfinding, selfishness, etc. All these are side effects of our willfull separation from God.

Heaven is the "acknowledging" of the Divine within. Love, patience, a kind word, forgiveness, a soft touch, Diminishing the faults and Magnifying the virtues, all these bring the nourishment for the growth towards that which we call Heaven and ONENESS with God.

This is my belief.

Blessings,

Curiousofall

mrmonsoon,May 1 2005, 11:25 AM]

I read this and thought you might like it.  It illustrates one point of view for heaven and hell.

Powerful message!

Hell is that which we, our individual selves, make it. Anger, hate, lust, jeolousy, faultfinding, selfishness, etc. All these are side effects of our willfull separation from God.

Heaven is the "acknowledging" of the Divine within. Love, patience, a kind word, forgiveness, a soft touch, Diminishing the faults and Magnifying the virtues, all these bring the nourishment for the growth towards that which we call Heaven and ONENESS with God.

This is my belief.

Blessings,

Curiousofall

600251[/snapback]

Nicely said! grin2.gif

Wonderful story. We all will expierence either Heaven or Hell determining on the judgement given to us. The worst things in life and those unimaginable are what is in Hell. Heaven is definately love, compassion,and to never suffer,or to self hate. The innermost fears in someones life is probably what their Hell will be like. 101

• 5 months later...

It is beyond humans mentality to understand what hell really is and how many there are. This material world called earth is a part of hell.Everybody suffers in one way or the other-Even the rich suffers(mentally)Have u seen children slowly starve to death,have u experience the pangs of hunger for days,weeks and months.

In the universe many kinds of hell exist.the astral dimension where departed humans go to is the intermediate level of hell-People think that they will escape the great suffering they are having in this material dimension when they die,but they find out that the suffering is more unbearable in the astral dimension-the suffering,the pain they are having is forever,unlike in this physical body,sufferings and pain comes and goes.Do u know why accident always happened in the same area of past accidents-The spirit of many(not all)victims are forced to remain there in 100meter circle until they awaken and realise their wrong doing.They are stuck there without any guide to enlighten them on why they are trapped there.They get lonely and they will pull others to join them-those who's fate is pre determined to experience this kind of suffering will end up in their circle.

The Hell of Fire is where the unfortunate is put into and they will burn continuosly in the hotest of heat and fire. The hell of cold is so cold that even the astral skin,body will tear if the victim moves.

It is Time that mankind learns the TRUTH about this Universe that they exist in!

Edited by unibeing

Hell is WHAT?

The day of the Cross, God pours out His Spirit (Jesus) upon all flesh, We all together become as an Unclean thing. All one body, all guilty. No innocent Babies, No innocent because they can not reason, We are all as One.

The Wicked is turned into hell:

(PSALMS 9:17) The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the

nations that forget God. (KJV)

We are all at that Point, Dead in Christ. or as in Hell.

Then from Sunrise to noon. “With His stripes we are healed.” Or all spiritually alive, or Resurrected from the dead. This is the third 6-hour period, seen as the third day with the day seen as 7 days by Isaiah 30:26. The Third physical day will be a Future similitude when they are physically resurrected from the dead. All the dead rose with Christ.

(ISAIAH 30:26) Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light

of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the

light of seven days, in the day that the Lord bindeth up the breach

of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound. (KJV)

(ISAIAH 26:19) Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body

shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy

dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead. (KJV)

The 1,000 year reign of Christ is the day of the cross, Each of the 7 time periods also seen as 1,000 years. So the rest of the dead lived not again till the 1,000 years was over, that is the Second day.

Hell was a place of sleep for those who had physically died till Jesus died for sin.

(HOSEA 6:2) After two days will he revive us: in the third day he

will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight. (KJV)

(HOSEA 6:3) Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord:

his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto

us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth. (KJV)

They did not yet know Jesus when He revived them, and then raised them up. But all will get to know Him.

Jesus was three days and three nights in the Heart of the Earth, Like Jonah was three days and three nights in the Belly of the whale.

Jonah is a similitude, for Jesus, Nineveh is a city of three days Journey, Jonah enters one days Journey. The day of the cross is one day seen as 3 pictures. The first as 4 6-hour periods seen as 4 beasts with 6-wings in Revelation. The Second as 2 12-hour periods seen as 2 witnesses in Revelation. The Third as 1 24-hour period seen as 24 Elders in Revelation.

The day as three pictures is 1=Anger, 2=Fury, 3=Wrath. So when God pours out His Fury, it is looking at the second picture, they are not attributes of a Loving God.

So Jonah or Jesus is GOOD to be angry unto death. as Jesus dies that day, It is in the fourth 6-hour period, the fourth seal is the Pale Horse, death followed by hell as Jesus died and descended into hell.

The Gourd is death. Jesus seen as a worm in Job 25:6 smites the gourd or ends death. The Shadow of the gourd is pleasant after suffering as Jesus did.

Hell as a place of sleep, so it is likened to a Bed:

(PSALMS 139:8) If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I

make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. (KJV)

The day is one day as three pictures, so the Bed is shorter then a man can stretch Himself on, Not three physical days:

(ISAIAH 28:20) For the bed is shorter than that a man can stretch

himself on it: and the covering narrower than that he can wrap

himself in it. (KJV)

Hell ended the third day, Shut down by the grace of God, Jesus had to take future sins to die a sinner to fulfill the law in Deuteronomy 24:16 “Every Man shall die for His OWN SIN” as all future sins belong to Jesus, Past and present sins ended “With His stripes we are healed.”

All the parables are for Jesus the day of the cross, Building bigger barns is Jesus reaching for all mankind. Jesus makes the Tree Evil or takes Future sins, He gets the keys to death and hell by dying a sinner, then He bears Evil fruit, or gets them all out of hell:

(ZECHARIAH 9:11) As for thee also, by the blood of thy covenant I

have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water. (KJV)

Those who left hell, will be seen by the broken down gates of Heaven, they speak to the enemies in the gate, or tell of the love and Mercy of God for all who do not want to enter, They are seen as Rebekah’s children, thousands of Millions.

(GENESIS 24:60) And they blessed Rebekah, and said unto her, Thou

art our sister, be thou the mother of thousands of millions, and

let thy seed possess the gate of those which hate them. (KJV)

They are seen as arrows of a Quiver shot forth, the Quiver is the Sepulchre:

(JEREMIAH 5:15) Lo, I will bring a nation upon you from far, O

house of Israel, saith the Lord: it is a mighty nation, it is an

ancient nation, a nation whose language thou knowest not, neither

understandest what they say. (KJV)

(JEREMIAH 5:16) Their quiver is as an open sepulchre, they are all

mighty men. (KJV)

(PSALMS 127:4) As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are

children of the youth. (KJV)

(PSALMS 127:5) Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them:

they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in

the gate. (KJV)

The Stone had to be rolled away to fulfill the Scriptures, An Open Sepulchre.

They are also seen in Revelation as those who came out of great tribulation:

(REVELATION 2:22) Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that

commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent

of their deeds. (KJV)

Jesus is seen as a Woman in the Second picture, seeing Jesus in Hell. He can not repent, He has to take future sins and retain them so He dies a sinner and gets the keys to death and hell, Hell likened to a place of sleep or a bed. Remember, Jesus is Jewish, He loves Jews and Non-jews alike, Adultery under Jewish law. And many are unbeliever also.

(REVELATION 7:14) And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he

said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and

have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the

Lamb. (KJV)

(REVELATION 7:15) Therefore are they before the throne of God, and

serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the

throne shall dwell among them. (KJV)

We all get to see those out of hell, and they and all mankind are saved by grace, And those who are forgiven more, will loveth more, and we always remember how we were on earth.

Those who died in Jerusalem rose with Jesus, Those who died in Egypt rose with jesus, Those who died in a place called Sharon, Rose with Jesus, He is the ROSE OF SHARON.

Ken