Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your logo placed here

Fable

This is certainly one of the more interesting auctions that I have come across recently. Amid the wave of John Paul II sandwhiches and cookies, this one stood out. The guy claims that he knows people that will make special contact lenses that will carry an advertisement in them. I would think that it would get in the way of vision if it really is possible, but well.. here it is.

Logo in my eye

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fable

• Scar

• Walken

• __Kratos__

Top Posters In This Topic

For one thing, I don't like getting close enough to strangers to be able to "read" their eyes and it would drive me nuts to have people getting right in my face to read mine. That's freaky.

Haha, good point. Considering how small the print would have to be, I don't honestly see how it could be a walking advertisement. Well, unless you walk around with a magnifying glass or something.

What an idiot.

I wonder how much money people waste each year on ebay listing fees, for putting up dumb auctions.

$35 000 buy it now price?

I bet that its gonna last real long before being closed.

That is incredible but is it true? Is that even possible yet?

Would you really want to see evreything with a logo on top?

607111[/snapback]

Walken Walken Walken,

Sometimes you display wisdom beyond your years, Other times....

Have you seen the coloured contacts in Chemists ?

Basicly the contact would only cover the coloured part of your'e eye, the pupil (the bit you see out off) will not be covered.

Usually there filled wit a Clear bit. You wouldn't see the add through your own eyes thumbsup.gif

Usually there filled wit a Clear bit. You wouldn't see the add through your own eyes 

Ah yes. We grow wiser. Maybe to wise... hmm.gif

And thank you for your half-a-compliment. yes.gif

Sounds pretty stupid... I mean how many times to you even really look into someone's eyes and check them out?

Ahh, so basically it would be something like the sunglasses that you see that have an image on the outside but yet you see nothing. Kind of like the eyeball hologram and others that I have seen.

I agree also about not really looking into the eyes of some stranger that is just walking about. Truthfully, I could care less.

The would look like below

user posted image

the writing would be on the coloured part.

607111[/snapback]

Walken Walken Walken

607187[/snapback]

laugh.gif

So scar...... is it possible? huh.gif

laugh.gif

Well, considering the staring price is 35,000 I would have thought he would have put more effort into creating a better image to convince the buyers… I could draw that in 30 seconds… hmm.gif

Haha, it is nice usage of colored pencils. So far he has had four offers that he declined. It would be interesting to see how much they were for. Maybe like.. five dollars. tongue.gif

• 2 weeks later...

actually the best advertising place would be THE MOON! everybody can see the moon (quote from comedian)

Guest Lottie

I have seen contact lenses with little logo's on them before but I can't think where hmm.gif .

Anyway he is having a laugh selling them at that price, coloured contacts cost no more than £80.

US $35,000.00

That's his asking price! blink.gif My gods! I remember when I was in grade tweleve and I was heading from my Foods class upstairs going to the Auditorium for Drama Class. And I saw this girl with contacts- the part that made me jump was the fact that the whole contact was all white except for one tiny red dot in the middle! Scared the crap outa me! rolleyes.gif But I'm not going to pay US $35,000.00 for some guy to Advertise my store or something! Give me a break! Thank god he said that they were going to be contacts! huh.gif

Edited by Rommie

People and eBay never fail to amuse me. rofl.gif