Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Quiz

Me_Again

I put this here because it explains alot about different religions...here is the religion I got...Unitarian/Universalists...weird because my aunt mentioned taking me to this type of 'church', guess I'd better go w00t.gifwub.gif

• Belief in Deity

Very diverse beliefs--Unitarian/Universalists welcome all deity beliefs as well as nontheistic beliefs. Some congregations are formed for those who share a common belief, e.g. Christianity.

• Incarnations

Very diverse beliefs, including belief in no incarnations, or that all are the embodiment of God. Some believe Christ is God's Son, or not Son but "Wayshower."

• Origin of Universe and Life

Diverse beliefs, but most believe in the Bible as symbolic and that natural processes account for origins.

• After Death

Diverse beliefs, but most believe that heaven and hell are not places but are symbolic. Some believe heaven and hell are states of consciousness either in life or continuing after death; some believe in reincarnation; some believe that afterlife is nonexistent or not known or not important, as actions in life are all that matter.

• Why Evil?

Most do not believe that humanity inherited original sin from Adam and Eve or that Satan actually exists. Most believe that God is good and made people inherently good but also with free will and an imperfect nature that leads some to immoral behavior. Diverse beliefs. Some believe wrong is committed when people distance themselves from God. Some believe in “karma,” that what goes around comes around. Some believe wrongdoing is a matter of human nature, psychology, sociology, etc.

• Salvation

Some believe in salvation through faith in God and Jesus Christ, along with doing good works and doing no harm to others. Many believe all will be saved, as God is good and forgiving. Some believe in reincarnation and the necessity to eliminate personal greed or to learn all of life’s lessons before achieving enlightenment or salvation. For some, the concepts of salvation or enlightenment are irrelevant or disbelieved.

• Undeserving Suffering

Diverse beliefs. Most Unitarians do not believe that Satan causes suffering. Some believe suffering is part of God’s plan, will, or design, even if we don’t immediately understand it. Some don’t believe in any spiritual reasons for suffering, and most take a humanistic approach to helping those in need.

• Contemporary Issues

The Unitarian Universalist Association’s stance is to protect the personal right to choose abortion. Other contemporary views include working for equality for homosexuals, gender equality, a secular approach to divorce and remarriage, working to end poverty, promoting peace and nonviolence, and environmental protection.

Source:

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/76/story_7665_1.html

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unorthodox Thesis

• QueenoftheNight

• Mr. Fahrenheit

• sowegaMIB

Interesting.

I also got Unitarian Universalist, though I have read up about them and didn't agree with some things they said they stood for. I also got a 98% in Neo-Pagan. I'm definately not a Mormon or Jehovah's Witness, but I already knew that.

Ive got 100% Eastern Orthodox / Roman Catholic. Nice yes.gif

I got 100% on Church of Latter day Saints(mormons) Who knows maybe I took it wrong> 101

i believe in God, Heaven, Incarnations, Psi, Hell, The Devil ext

so i am not really a Roman Catholic? hmm.gif

It won't go on to the next page once I answered the first five questions and I can't find a button. If it would have though, I'd probably get 100% Athiest. Can someone give me instructions.

Belief in Deity

Very diverse beliefs--Unitarian/Universalists welcome all deity beliefs as well as nontheistic beliefs. Some congregations are formed for those who share a common belief, e.g. Christianity.

• Incarnations

Very diverse beliefs, including belief in no incarnations, or that all are the embodiment of God. Some believe Christ is God's Son, or not Son but "Wayshower."

Diverse beliefs, but most believe in the Bible as symbolic and that natural processes account for origins.

• After Death

Diverse beliefs, but most believe that heaven and hell are not places but are symbolic. Some believe heaven and hell are states of consciousness either in life or continuing after death; some believe in reincarnation; some believe that afterlife is nonexistent or not known or not important, as actions in life are all that matter.

• Why Evil?

Most do not believe that humanity inherited original sin from Adam and Eve or that Satan actually exists. Most believe that God is good and made people inherently good but also with free will and an imperfect nature that leads some to immoral behavior. Diverse beliefs. Some believe wrong is committed when people distance themselves from God. Some believe in “karma,” that what goes around comes around. Some believe wrongdoing is a matter of human nature, psychology, sociology, etc.

• Salvation

Some believe in salvation through faith in God and Jesus Christ, along with doing good works and doing no harm to others. Many believe all will be saved, as God is good and forgiving. Some believe in reincarnation and the necessity to eliminate personal greed or to learn all of life’s lessons before achieving enlightenment or salvation. For some, the concepts of salvation or enlightenment are irrelevant or disbelieved.

• Undeserving Suffering

Diverse beliefs. Most Unitarians do not believe that Satan causes suffering. Some believe suffering is part of God’s plan, will, or design, even if we don’t immediately understand it. Some don’t believe in any spiritual reasons for suffering, and most take a humanistic approach to helping those in need.

• Contemporary Issues

The Unitarian Universalist Association’s stance is to protect the personal right to choose abortion. Other contemporary views include working for equality for homosexuals, gender equality, a secular approach to divorce and remarriage, working to end poverty, promoting peace and nonviolence, and environmental protection.

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)

2. Secular Humanism (99%)

3. Liberal Quakers (96%)

4. Theravada Buddhism (87%)

5. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (82%)

6. Taoism (79%)

7. Nontheist (72%)

8. Neo-Pagan (68%)

9. Mahayana Buddhism (66%)

10. Orthodox Quaker (57%)

11. New Age (54%)

12. Jainism (52%)

13. Bahá'í Faith (50%)

14. Reform Judaism (45%)

15. Sikhism (42%)

16. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (36%)

17. Hinduism (36%)

18. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (33%)

19. New Thought (31%)

20. Seventh Day Adventist (30%)

21. Scientology (29%)

22. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (26%)

23. Jehovah's Witness (21%)

24. Eastern Orthodox (12%)

25. Islam (12%)

26. Orthodox Judaism (12%)

27. Roman Catholic (12%)

lol, now how I got these results I dont know,because I am an Open-minded non-denominational Christian

results:

1. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (100%)

2. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (93%)

3. Reform Judaism (90%)

4. Bahá'í Faith (89%)

5. Islam (86%)

6. Orthodox Judaism (86%)

7. Orthodox Quaker (82%)

8. Liberal Quakers (80%)

9. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (77%)

10. Sikhism (76%)

11. Jehovah's Witness (67%)

12. Unitarian Universalism (63%)

13. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (58%)

14. Mahayana Buddhism (53%)

15. Theravada Buddhism (53%)

16. Eastern Orthodox (51%)

17. Roman Catholic (51%)

18. Neo-Pagan (50%)

19. Secular Humanism (49%)

20. Seventh Day Adventist (47%)

21. New Age (47%)

22. Jainism (47%)

23. New Thought (45%)

24. Scientology (45%)

25. Taoism (45%)

26. Nontheist (39%)

27. Hinduism (27%)

lol, fun quiz laugh.gif

What Religion suits me?

None. Because I do not wish to follow a religion. Infact, even among the church I am known as a heretic because I oppose the church doctrine. However, I am a believer in the Saviour Jesus Christ and the whole Bible which is't just 66 selected books. I believe am a theologian and I believe that I am apart of a race of immortal beings called the Elohym.

I am in God's family. His own son. I argue against the doctrines of men that teach things that are not supported by the bible.

I would like to think I'm more of a "sciency" person, but here are my results.

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)

2. Liberal Quakers (84%)

3. Neo-Pagan (84%)

4. Theravada Buddhism (81%)

5. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (77%)

6. Mahayana Buddhism (76%)

7. New Age (75%)

8. Secular Humanism (71%)

9. New Thought (69%)

10. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (66%)

11. Hinduism (64%)

12. Sikhism (60%)

13. Bahá'í Faith (58%)

14. Jainism (58%)

15. Taoism (56%)

16. Scientology (53%)

17. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (52%)

18. Nontheist (47%)

19. Orthodox Quaker (47%)

20. Jehovah's Witness (45%)

21. Reform Judaism (42%)

22. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (36%)

23. Orthodox Judaism (30%)

24. Seventh Day Adventist (21%)

25. Eastern Orthodox (17%)

26. Islam (17%)

27. Roman Catholic (17%)

I got 100% on Church of Latter day Saints(mormons) Who knows maybe I took it wrong> 101

Thats something that I might get if I took the quiz. lol

I got 100% Orthodox Judaism which is Jewish Faith. Don't know what to think of it, but it describes my beleifs to a T...so ya that's pretty cool!! thumbsup.gif

1. Orthodox Judaism (100%)

2. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (98%)

3. Jehovah's Witness (98%)

4. Sikhism (95%)

5. Islam (87%)

6. Orthodox Quaker (86%)

7. Bahá'í Faith (80%)

8. Jainism (79%)

9. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (78%)

10. Reform Judaism (74%)

11. Seventh Day Adventist (73%)

12. Hinduism (68%)

13. Eastern Orthodox (62%)

14. Roman Catholic (62%)

15. Neo-Pagan (60%)

16. Mahayana Buddhism (58%)

17. Liberal Quakers (57%)

18. Unitarian Universalism (51%)

19. New Age (49%)

20. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (48%)

21. Scientology (46%)

22. Theravada Buddhism (45%)

23. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (40%)

24. New Thought (38%)

25. Secular Humanism (35%)

26. Taoism (28%)

27. Nontheist (20%

Edited by starlitkate

The true religion that God accepts, real born again Christianity.

Taught in the King James version New Testament.

This religion suits me because this religion will allow a person to go to heaven.

I am afraid of going to hell, so I avoid all other religions, that are fake and lead to hell.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Matthew 7:14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

This kind of surprised me......

Taoism

• Belief in Deity

The supreme being/ultimate truth is beyond words or any conceptual understanding. When asked to name it, it is referred to as Tao or the Way. The Power of the Way is referred to as Te. Although Tao and Te are similar to other practices' ideas of God, Taoists seldom refer to God.

• Incarnations

Taoism does not refer to any specific incarnation of God.

All matter is a manifestation of the Ultimate Reality. Generally, Taoist beliefs don't find modern scientific discoveries contradictory to Taoist thought; hence Fritjof Capra's "The Tao of Physics" is aptly named.

• After Death

Death has no particular meaning to Taoists.

• Why Evil?

To understand the Taoist notion of good and evil, it is important to distinguish between the "concept" of evil versus the "reality" of evil.

As a concept, Taoist do not hold the position of good against evil; rather they see the interdependence of all dualities. So when one labels something as a good, one automatically creates evil. That is, all concepts necessarily are based on one aspect vs. another; if a concept were to have only one aspect, it would be nonsensical.

The reality of good and evil is that all actions contain some aspect of each. This is represented in the t'ai chi, more commonly referred to as the yin-yang symbol. Any action would have some negative (yin) and some positive (yang) aspect to it. Taoists believe that nature is a continual balance between yin and yang, and that any attempt to go toward one extreme or the other will be ineffective, self-defeating, and short-lived. When people interfere with the natural balance by trying to impose their egoistic plans, they will not succeed; rather, the non-egoistic person allows nature to unfold, watching it ebb and flow from good to bad and back again.

Another way of understanding this is that the sage person understands the reality of good and evil, whereas the fool concentrates on the concept of good and evil. The sage knows that any evil will soon be replaced by good, the fool is forever fruitlessly trying to eliminate evil. Similar to the Buddhist concept of Sunyata ("the void"), good and evil are just empty conceptual abstractions that have no permanent independent existence.

• Salvation

Taoism is not a salvific practice. There is nothing that one needs to be saved from, and belief in salvation would lead to belief in damnation in the same manner as belief in good leads to belief in evil. Although they do not accept the false duality of salvation vs. damnation, living simply in harmony with Te and Tao, and not excessively pursuing material wealth, stature, or prestige, will lead to a joyful life.

• Contemporary Issues

Positions on abortion, homosexuality, divorce, nonviolence, and social-betterment programs are not unambiguously stated in the ancient texts. One might be able to derive a stance on these issues, but any such stance would be attenuated by the recognition that any stance is just a conceptual abstraction that has little usefulness.

Taoism would see expressing traditionally male and female roles as being in harmony. In some sects of Taoism, spiritual healing is practiced. Protecting nature is favored, though not by laws or injunction.

I am 100% Hindu & that's not coz' I was born one but because the real form of hinduism(vedic hinduism) is more open and flexible(I am not just saying this .I used to go to church & I also attended a muslim wedding).Besides religion to me is more about culture and ancestry than about God because every religion teaches you the same things.In case you guys didn't hindus believe in monotheism(faith in one God).My religion suits me because I can be a hindu and still read the Bible or go to Mecca.Freedom to do what you want instead of being bound by a system is what I like. Sure there are hindu extremists but don't extremists exist in every religion.

I'm 100% Neo Pagan and 100% U.U... Ironically, the religion I was baptized into is my #5, Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (Lutheran)... And I thought I was a rebel rolleyes.gif

100% Orthdodox Quaker. Hm, I have always been attracted to the way they live, and their belief on certain things.

• Belief in Deity

There is a Trinity of the Father (God), the Son (Christ), and the Holy Spirit that comprises one God Almighty. God is personal and incorporeal.

• Incarnations

Jesus Christ is God's only incarnation. God is manifest within all as the light. Jesus possessed the light to the highest degree and is "the Light" within.

The most orthodox Quakers hold to the authority of the Bible, and the book of Genesis--that God created all in less than seven days and less that 10,000 years ago. But many would maintain that a biblical "day" is not a literal 24 hours.

• After Death

Most orthodox Quakers believe in direct reward and punishment, heaven and hell, the second coming of Christ, and resurrection of the dead (similar to conservative Christian view).

• Why Evil?

Some Orthodox Quakers adhere to similar beliefs as conservative Christians--belief in original sin and Satan. Many believe that lack of awareness of God's divine light within, or rebellion against it, is the cause of wrongdoing, and that alienation from God leaves one vulnerable to temptation or Satan.

• Salvation

Some Friends (the formal name of the group) churches include rites of baptism and communion, but sacraments to God are most often considered to arise from inward experiences, a personal encounter with God, rather than church ritual. Salvation is found internally through union with Christ, the divine Light within all. Many Quaker churches, e.g. evangelical, believe similarly to Conservative Protestant, that salvation is a free gift from God, with faith, independent of good works. Yet moral behavior and good works are viewed as essential to showing faith and obedience to God. Good works, such as humanitarian service, social justice, and peace efforts, are an expression of Christian love. Simplicity and humility are viewed as essential to living a Christian life.

• Undeserved Suffering

The most orthodox Quakers maintain that Satan causes suffering. Suffering is allowed by God as part of His divine will and plan. Quakers focus on reducing human suffering, especially that caused by social injustice or violence.

• Contemporary Issues

Social-betterment programs and nonviolence are fundamental to Quakerism. Some Orthodox Quaker churches are very accepting of homosexuality, and others condemn it as contrary to God's will.

I'm a Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant. No surprises there.