Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

: M-Azing Bars Contained M-Aggots

vampgirl

BOCA RATON, Fla. -- Two Boca Raton sisters said they bit into some candy bars this week and surprisingly got a good dose of protein. They said they were trying out the new candy called M-azing, but ended up getting maggots.

Monica Castanheeira said she bought some M-azing chocolate bars Tuesday night to enjoy while watching videos with her sister, Renee, and her 4-year-old neice.

Castanheeira said she took a big bite and then felt something moving in her mouth.

"I look on the table and on the chocolate, and there's a maggot walking around," she said. "It's really disgusting."

The sisters said they found maggots in each of their chocolate bars. They said they found some that were very small and crawling and others had yet to hatch.

The sisters are so sickened, they went to the emergency room. They said the child is convinced there are bugs walking around in her stomach.

"We're investigating, obviously," said Master Foods USA, the producer of the chocolate. "And we're really sorry. Maggots are a result of fly larvae and could happen in a matter of days after our products have left our factories."

"When I think about it, I still feel it on my tongue," Castanheeira said. "I can't eat chocolate no more."

Castanheeira said she bought the candy at a Shell gas station. She said all the candy is off the shelves because she went back and bought it all to see if it was infested.

A state health investigator has been assigned to the case and will check out the candy bars as well.source

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• Feenix Fire

• star_child

• Zackery00

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... thats one way to lose the taste for chocolate tongue.gif

dontgetit.gif Disgusting to think about... I'm off Chocolate for good.

I know of someone who bit into a reeses pieces and a bunch of worms fell out. I, personally, bit into a rolo about 10 years ago and a worm fell out and I never touched a rolo again.

I read in the newspaper last Easter that some dude bit into a Creme Egg an there were all these ants in it. There was a picture of it too. And of course there are all those cases of fruit coming from foreign countries and poisonous spiders travelling with them.

ew! that tilte's funny though vampgirl! laugh.gif

Woah! poisonous spiders SC!? I hate spiders! crying.gif

Woah! poisonous spiders SC!?  I hate spiders! crying.gif

601022[/snapback]

I think we all hate spiders... hmm... I wonder if my snake will eat a spider... rolleyes.gif

Edited by __Kratos__

601022[/snapback]

Yeah! Black Widow spiders were found in grape crates in Tescos, I think. I'll try find out about it for you. Hope it won't give you nightmares!

blooaaahhh (sounds of hurling)

That is just nasty, maggots? passifier.gif

My cat eats spiders.

Hopefully this isn`t the new prize the company decided to hide in their chocolate bars!

ew. that is really really gross

thats worse than when i found a dead cochroach in my instant ramen noodles,it was dead but live maggots!! nasty

I ate an M-Azing bar before, no maggots....*quivers*...I did eat M&M quite a few times though, no difference...

I feel bad for those girls...MAGGOTS in chocolate...eww

YUM YUM!!!

Anyone think she'll buy anymore M-azing bars?

I always thought the commercials were weird.

Now I know why.

Ewwww thats disgusting wacko.gif Imaging feeling a live maggot in your mouth ! Yucky !

Me and My sister bought reeeses before that had worms in one of them. Circle K gave us each a couple of other candies for free. didnt think of barfing Us just kids and free candy bars LOL w00t.gif

What a crock of sh-t,maggots in a choc bar and still alive?they would not last any time at all if they were in a choc bar and as for falling out and walking about on her table wacko.gif did they have a nice pair of shoes on doing a little tap dance for her

I think some one is trying to score a few bucks in compo here

BTW whats wrong with maggots in the wouth ,we put them in our mouths to hold them before they have a hook put threw them,saves going into the tin for one at a time

the commercials were cool.

601022[/snapback]

Yeah! Black Widow spiders were found in grape crates in Tescos, I think. I'll try find out about it for you. Hope it won't give you nightmares!

601394[/snapback]

When I see a spiders I get really nervous and curl my toes. LOL laugh.gif

I know I'm weird! rofl.gif