Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

German nurse uses plasters to silence baby

Althalus

BERLIN (Reuters) - A German nurse driven to distraction by the wails of a newborn baby, used sticking plasters to pacify it, a hospital in the western city of Kassel says.

The shocked parents discovered the four-day-old boy in the post-natal ward with a dummy taped to his mouth.

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: Yahoo News

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• Lillian416

• djdodo

• UnpopularLola

. The child was unharmed in the incident.

This is not a good excuse for this sort of thing, the child in question is four days old, what a thing to do to someone so young and vunerable, I hope that she does not work with young babies again.

mad.gif

"The child was unharmed in the incident"-So that makes it A-okay, bull****, I am sick of hearing stories of poor kids like this. This shouldn't be happening, breaks my heart... crying.gifcrying.gif I have two kids, and I feel reasonable in saying that I would take serious actions towards this, and I hope that they have.

shouldn't this incident require her to undergo psychiatric tests and shouldn't she be instantantly dismissed? poor child, and poor parents.

Thats just Germans for you, they have all crazy laws and different ways of how a society should work, Ive seen documentrys on orphanages in germany and close neighbouring countries and its just an institution of misery, hate, beatings, sexual depravity and mockery. This nurse was probably taught this method of silencing babys by an older mentor or nursing sister. But at the end of day im thankful to my forefathers for fighting and dieing for the best country in the world today, in which i can live without problems that affect many others throughout the world, and never have to worry about a nurse doing that to my 4 day old child.

Hmmm , I know I won't come off to well after posting this but I don't think she requires psychiatric testing . I am a mother also , I love my babies I personally would not do this to my own child . I really think that the Nurse has made an honest mistake . I think caring for children is one of the hardest jobs in the world . I know I have made mistakes with my children and I'm sure there are other people here brave enough to admit to the mistakes they've made .

yes thats true kismit, and i've seen how hard it its to raise children and yes mothers do make mistakes its unavoidable to make mistakes with a child, no-ones perfect, but i think its different because it isnt/wasnt her child and she is a nurse, sorry if i offended anyone.......

Think I'm gonna be slated for this but I did laugh when I read it, as it reminded me of when my son was only a few day's old ond boy could he wail, I tried everthing to quiet him down but nothing worked and every time I put a dummy in his mouth he'd spit it back out at me. I didn't go as far as tapeing it to his mouth (probly cause I hadn't thought of it rolleyes.gif ) But believe me, a screaming baby when you've had little or no sleep is torture.

Isaac eventually stopped his screaming and I regained my sanity so happy ending.

I agree with Kismit, sometimes people just act without thinking it through, but hey it's not as if she phisically shook the child or hit it.

Oh Halo ... My eldest boy had collic for the first 6 weeks , and he constanltly spat the dummie . Somedays I looked like this wacko.gif but mostly I looked like this crying.gif . Thank god that bits over .

I was tempted to tape his mouth shut on many occasions , come to think of it, its still tempting whistling.gif . But I never shook him , and I never beat him . I just walked up and down the house for hours at a time trying to ease his belly ache . It's a tough job this parenting thing. rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Kismit, I had a colicky baby also, my daughter Lillian. I thought I was going to go mad, really. Never once did I harm her either, but like you said, tapeing had crossed my mind, but not as a serious idea, as a "hehe, I could use tape"....kinda like a little joke to make me feel better on the inside. I would have never done it, and this woman never should have done that. Yes, there are mistakes to be made, and it takes a brave person to admit it, but it isn't like she slipped and a spoon full of plaster hit the baby smack in the choppers, she wanted the baby quiet. We have established that we make mistakes, but I think this is an unacceptable one. What if this had turned out differantly and we would be discussing a woman that killed a baby in an attempt to quiet the child with plaster...... crying.gifcrying.gifsad.gif

Even though the baby was not harmed .. the nurse should be punished for what she did ... if it was her child will she allow any one to do that to him ... dry.gif

If I was the parent of that baby ... I would do to the nurse the same thing she did to my baby ... and maybe even worse devil.gif

Maybe we went wrong somewhere in the translation here . A plaster in this case is a sticking plaster or Band Aid , I dont know what other names there are for it . But fortunately not as nasty as actuall plaster original.gif

oooh anyone who saw my message - forget that i see kismit answerd it original.gif

Well atleast she didn't try to wax the babies legs . huh.gif

That hurts sooo much more unsure.gif

Heheh, okay, that does sound better, but still not okay. I did actually think real plaster, I have never heard of it being what you described, learn a new thing every day rolleyes.gifgrin2.gif Thanks for the info. it honestly makes me feel so much better then thinking that this baby had plaster corroding it's poor mouth...imagine the picture I had!! Thanks Kismit wink.gifgrin2.gif