Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

This'n That #2 - 10 Cents A Dance ?

Saru

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Nancy

• Starlyte

• Homer

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually was reading about this topic just yesterday on a site that I was directed to by Kismit on a link she started about Lenora Piper. My boyfriend is from the Chicago area and so I asked him if he'd heard of the infamous 'Resurrection Mary' which he had. Anyway, here is a link to the site and a little more indepth description of the events surrounding Mary. Basically the same info just more details for anyone interested.

Resurrection Mary Link

I can't decide if the story is an urban legend or not, but it is intriguing nevertheless.

I actually was reading about this topic just yesterday on a site that I was directed to by Kismit on a link she started about Lenora Piper. My boyfriend is from the Chicago area and so I asked him if he'd heard of the infamous 'Resurrection Mary' which he had. Anyway, here is a link to the site and a little more indepth description of the events surrounding Mary. Basically the same info just more details for anyone interested.

Resurrection Mary Link

I can't decide if the story is an urban legend or not, but it is intriguing nevertheless.

starlyte....

Thank you for the LINK to additional information.

I have the publication here, from Mr. Troy Taylor and used it as

well in researching.

I really appreciate your time in letting me know! original.gif

Something that you may both find interesting regarding 'Resurrection Mary', this link will take you to a web page which includes actual photographs of the bent bars on the gate of the Cemetery where the ghost was allegedly seen.

Click Here

Apparantly the cemetery denies that the bent bars were the result of a ghost, but were caused when a truck backed into them by mistake, with later attempts by workers to blowtorch them back into shape.

I'm not sure what to think about that particular sighting. It's interesting that this damage is associated so closely with the witness seeing a girl trapped behind the gates in question. It would have taken some considerable force to cause that magnitude of damage to metal bars.

If we assume that the truck theory was correct, then who did the man see trapped behind the gate - and in any case, was it a ghost, or a real person who was trapped there ? If it was a real person, how did they manage to get out so fast if they'd been stuck there beforehand ?

unsure.gif

All I can say is that when I go with my boyfriend to visit his family near Chicago I'm going to ask him if he'll take me for a drive down Archer Avenue. Who knows, maybe I'll be lucky enought to spot her!

Thanks for the additional link SaRuMaN!

starlyte....

Thank you for the LINK to additional information.

No problem, Nancy!

Something that you may both find interesting regarding 'Resurrection Mary', this link will take you to a web page which includes actual photographs of the bent bars on the gate of the Cemetery where the ghost was allegedly seen.

Click Here

Apparantly the cemetery denies that the bent bars were the result of a ghost, but were caused when a truck backed into them by mistake, with later attempts by workers to blowtorch them back into shape.

I'm not sure what to think about that particular sighting. It's interesting that this damage is associated so closely with the witness seeing a girl trapped behind the gates in question. It would have taken some considerable force to cause that magnitude of damage to metal bars.

If we assume that the truck theory was correct, then who did the man see trapped behind the gate - and in any case, was it a ghost, or a real person who was trapped there ? If it was a real person, how did they manage to get out so fast if they'd been stuck there beforehand ?

unsure.gif

grin2.gif SaRuMaN...... Thank you! I appreciate your interest!

I already have these photos posted on Mystical Universe.

http://www.mysticaluniverse.com/hp/rm/rm.html

I revamped my article for Unexplained-Mysteries.

I agree, this is so frustrating! That is part of Mary's "allure."

Close examination of the bent bars DO show hand prints, "skin

texture and the Officer who answered the call that night, stated so in his report.

Perhaps I've researched too much on this blonde beauty, but there is NO way I accept the "truck" theory, never have. From the LINK you sent, it also mentions the cemetery's attempt to restore the bars back to "normal."

As the risk of going out on a dangerous limb here, it is my thought that Resurrection Cemetery does its level best to discourage any additional publicity concerning Mary. The cemetery is Catholic in nature. Ghosts are not an accepted philosophy in that religion.

Also, the cemetery managed to somehow "lose" Mary's headstone.

No use asking questions of those in charge of the cemetery, they deny every attempt to 'cover-up' these devious schemes. Publicity generated by each sighting of Mary AT or NEAR the cemetery/Archer Ave. floods the place with curiosity seekers.

Again, I stress the witness accounts, dating back decades. Combine that with "unusual" strength in bending the bars at the front gate, reinforces my feeling that Mary has been quite a little character in the area since the 1930's.

Why no recent sightings? I can only suspect that Mary was FINALLY given guidance and convinced that it was "ok" to cross over. Of course? Any new sightings will blow that theory out of the water....... Thank you again!

wacko.gif <~~~~ Nancy

Although I have heard of Resurrection Mary, I have never done any research, therefore didn't know anything about her.

Very interesting editorial Nancy, and thanks for the additional info starlyte and SaRumaN original.gif

A very fascinating read original.gif