Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Modern Day Lost World

toddster

Hey, i have finally made it to the forums sections of this website. Literally thousands of people from this website have been asking me quistions about my articles on sylvanic and my website www.sylvanic.com. So instead of answering the 6 thousand email quistions i have received i thought i would just get out here to the source of all this attention i have been getting and talk one on one. My name is Todd Standing and i am the documentor of the colum here on unexplained-mysteries entilted The Mysteries Of Sylvanic. I also documented the majority of chronicles on the website as well as led the expidition that shot the video that is currently getting so much attention, and collected the hair sample that foresic experts identified as an unknown species. What is new as of just this week is a botanist that visited sylvanic last year seems to have found a new species of plant life. And the video from the website has been profesionnally enhanced to show an set of eyes lurking behind the trees and a enormous bipedal dark figure running in the background.

The company that did the profesional video enhancement is affiliated with severl large network tevelvision brodcasters that have offered to purchase my video and website information, but i will do no such thing. Sylvanic is a utopia on life only because it is virtually untouched by civilized man. I promised the people that showed me Sylvanic that i would not turn this into a media circus. The truth is the video is very unconclusive and the hair samples where destroyed to test them. But i am going back to Sylvanic this summer and i will get more hair samples from the same cave i took the first ones from( It was full of hair)to have a DNA analisis done and get video footage on a HD camera of any and everthing we come across.

Today however the main reason i am here is one of my readers said there was a person they met here on this website that recognized the missing person composite drawing on my website. That person was trying to email me but my mail box is constanly overfilling. That police composite drawing on the website is real. I know it looks like a 14 year old artist drew it but that is what police composite drawings looked like in the 1930's. If you think you might now that person please keep trying to send me an email through the website and mark it Missing Person. I have the fingerprints of that person and if you know someone that fits that description that went missing around that same time then perhaps i can help you find out what really happen to them. The native elders that told me the story of how that man went missing(Which is documented on my website) is very certain those three men went into sylvanic and never came out again.

Of course i would love to hear from everyone with your quistions, comments, thoughts, and concerns reguarding Sylvanic.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• toddster

• Commander CMG

• Conspiracy

• Raptor

id like to know more about this Sylvanic and that video is damn freaky, and what happened to that dog, did the dude see anything or just heared the thing crashing threw?

Edited by Magikman

That's a pretty nice site you got. I saw the video on there, it's kinda creepy at best. You mentioned footage that was enhanced to see some glowing eyes and someone walking through the trees. Is that on the site as well?

Edited by riotboy555

the footage of video 1 that has been enhanced is not available yet. Only because the network that enhanced the footage expected me to sell them the rights to it. Since i am unwilling to sell them the rights to the footage they told me that the enhanced footage is there property. So i have 2 choices. One is sell them the rights to the video or pay for the enhanced video footage out of my own pocket. I asked them how much and they are going to get back to me. I think they are just kinda suprized to see that i am not interested in selling the footage for a quick buck. It will be very interesting to see how much they want to charge me.

greedy people, they should do it for free cuz it is for the fact of discovery

id like to know more about this Sylvanic and that video is damn freaky, and what happened to that dog, did the dude see anything or just heared the thing crashing threw?

610074[/snapback]

Answer to your ?s.

To know more about sylvanic just keep reading my chronicles on this website cause you are not going to beleive the stuff i am hearing about sylvanic.

As far as the dog he was just acting terrified. That dog would have died before it went another step into sylvanci, so we just left him behind with our cameraman.

I guess i am the dude so what did i see? To be honest i was more cocerned with my little sister. She recorded the video footage and she was just standing there while this thing was growling at her. My first instink was to grap her and run. People have asked me why didnt we continuing recording. The answer is about 1 second after the video 1 footage stops i grabbed my sister to pull her back away and she dropped the camera. We ran about 200meters before we stopped. After about 10minutes we went back to pick up the camera and that is when we explored behind the trees where we found the cave full of hair.

Edited by Magikman

thats pretty freaky, good thing w/e that creature was didnt attack

Yes i am very glad it didnt attack. But something i have never discussed with anyone is while the growling is happening you can hear something else running down the path behind the growling sound. What i think happened was we surprized a pair or small group of these animals and perhaps the male was holding his ground while the other or others made a run for it. I may not have been watching at the end when the growling creature made a run for it. But at first glance when i could hear the creature growling i could see smaller shadows in the background running off down the path behind the trees.

bigfoot and his family perhaps

More then a few people are assuming the bigfoot angle but i am trying to keep an open mind. The natives call them the shadow guardians of the mountains, Or i have heard them referd to as the Boss of the mountains. I would think it could be a missing hominid link, a neadrothol, or perhaps some badly inbread redneck. The bottom line is i am unwilling to speculate. I am not afraid to say i dont know what it was that stood off behind that row of tall trees but i am going to find out if i have to comb every inch of sylvanic with a fine toothed comb.

sounds like a good idea. happy.gif

Okay.. wow. Now i seriously have to go read up on that video.

Very interesting. I would have been absolutely terrified.

lets go to Sylvanic to find this creature or bigfoot and capture a video of it, but first grab a gun just incase tongue.gif

Very,Very intreasting.

But i'd love to belive all of this but something sounds a little off.

The commentary on the footage sounds a bit "fake"

Manbeast you are so right. And i can explain why the commentary sounds fake. There where only three of us that continued on after our cameraman and the dog began to feel very uneasy so as you can imagine the tension with the three of us was very high. But about 5 minutes before my sister shot that footage we came across a little squirrel in a tree. He seem very tired or even drunk obviouly because he was supposed to be hybernating. So what happened was i put a piece on my granola bar on a tree branch the squirrel was on and the squirrel walked over to the end of the branch and put the piece of granola in his mouth, then fell out of the tree into two feet of snow. But that was not the end of it, the squirrel after he eventually made it back to the tree took the piece of granola i gave him and threw it(or maybe just dropped it) and it hit me in the head. We all laughed ourselves sick. Even if it doesnt sound that funny your gonna have to take my word for it when i tell you my sister almost peed herself laughing. My point is when she is talking on that video she was feeling very giddy and that is why it sounds wrong.

That video really is wierd, what strikes me most is how after the tuft of snow falls, there is a figure instantly behind it, but I cant even see it move into that position. dontgetit.gif Its either a very fast creature or I'm looking at the wrong thing.

What happened after the video cuts off?

And would it be possible to have a word of confirmation from the forensics laboratory that analysed the samples?

EDIT: At the end of the video there is a portion shaded yellow, is that highlighted or a digital error, and is that the 'creature'? wacko.gif

Edited by T-Nemesis

I dont know what to think.

I just watched the video again and i saw an "explosion" of snow on one of the trees and a dark biped figure emerge and just stand there blink.gif

I dont know what to think.

I just watched the video again and i saw an "explosion" of snow on one of the trees and a dark biped figure emerge and just stand there blink.gif

611083[/snapback]

Yeah, thats what I saw. I dont know if thats what we're meant to be looking at, as the woman on the video says 'do you see that?!' after she has focused away from that figure.

I am so sorry about the quility of the video guys. I promise to have it upgraded from 6MB to at least 100MB by friday. You can see so much more, as you can imagine, on the original. But you are right, that is exactly what happened. The figure just Growled hit the tree and stood there for a second. While in the background you can hear something else running down that path behind the trees. Then when that tall dark figure does move, it goes from that spot where you can see it standing, to about 40 meters down that path in about 3 seconds, Where you can see snow fall of a tree as the enormus figure crashes by it. Our guide who stood there watching said he had never seen anything move that fast before.

And someone else asked what that yellow is near the end of the video. It is the color of the rock face wall. That is what i mean when i say i have never seen a place so beautiful before. The colors of the canyon wall ranged from that yellowish color to a deep amber red to dark copper blue. I think that might be why so many of the trees there are mutated looking. All the metalic elements in the water supply.

Todd, do you think you could give an accurate description of the creature you saw; Size, Fur colour, Footprints etc?

okay an honest description of what i saw. Height i would say over 8 feet tall and weight i could not even begin to guess because the figure seemed just enormus. Color is also very hard to say because when it stood there it was in the shadows. The only time i caught a fleeting glance of it in the light was when it was bolting in the opposite direction down the trail behind the trees, but i would half to say dark brown to black in color. The tracks where also very difficult to disifer because the trail was very well used. The snow was extreamly well packed from having been walked on so we could not make out any one clear track. I would compare it a snow path you see in a school yard that has been walked over so many times there is no longer any one distink track.

Something else i just though of when i was reviewing the video was the dark figure that was standing there hit the tree right when i was moving towards it, as if to say stay back. But the only reason i was moving towards it was to grab my sister and drag her ass away. I was told by a wildlife expert that standing your ground like my sis did is the smartest thing to do. But it ran off before i had the chance to.

I wonder what would have happened if we would have ran away first?

Judging by your description this thing sounds almost like a gorilla type animal, certainly is wierd. To be honest ims till confused at what im looking at; the creature you saw is the figure that emerges in the video at around 38secs, right?

i cant wait to see the video after its been enhanced better