Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Modern Day Lost World

toddster

I cant wait to go back. The cameraman that is going with has most of his experience filming in africa on safari. So the guy is fearless. He told me if he where there to shoot that original video he would have ran straight in after whatever was behind those trees. So if anything at all happens he will catch in on tape in HD and more importantly IN FOCUS.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• toddster

• Commander CMG

• Conspiracy

• Raptor

~sighs~ unfourtinately i was unable to see anything but snow falling from the treees in a few places. I didnt see any 'dark figure' or eyes.

~sighs~ unfourtinately i was unable to see anything but snow falling from the treees in a few places. I didnt see any 'dark figure' or eyes.

611714[/snapback]

Watch it again, the figure emerges at around 38 seconds in the video, behind a tuft of falling snow. happy.gif

Well all of this is certainly very interesting indeed. Although there really is something about that video that doesnt convince me, the way the snow just gets blown away like that, and where did the branches go that the snow was resting on? its all a bit strange..

Id like to see the higher quality video

original.gif

Edited by Uversa

I cant wait to go back.  The cameraman that is going with has most of his experience filming in africa on safari.  So the guy is fearless.  He told me if he where there to shoot that original video he would have ran straight in after whatever was behind those trees.  So if anything at all happens he will catch in on tape in HD and more importantly IN FOCUS.

611505[/snapback]

awesome, wish i can go and be there or something grin2.gif

Sorry conspiracy but i have a full compliment going on this trip with me already. I will take you next time. For now i have my cameraman two PHDs ( One a Biologist and the other a Paleologist) my original guide(without his dog), myself and a crazy friend. So if anything happens again you wont have to believe me that the footage is real i will have two reputable scientist's to back me up.

dang tongue.gif lol o well, im only 16 anyways, and dont got the money to get out there, maybe another time tho xD grin2.gif

Do you have any details on your expedition in July?

How many people are you taking?

How long are you going for?

What do you aim to collect?

Also do you have any maps of Sylvanic?

5 peole are going

we want to go for 2 weeks sometime late in July. (As soon as our cameraman can make it)

We are for certain going to collect more hair. We hope tracks, and whatever else we can find; as in bones, fecal matter...

There is no map of Sylvanic but we are going to make one with GPS. That is another reason we are going.

This is fake, videos horrible.

Why would you spend all that money to go on an expedition, then when you have a chance to video tape an 'unknown' creature you run?

Edit; removed offensive comment

Edited by SaRuMaN

Sorry conspiracy but i have a full compliment going on this trip with me already.  I will take you next time.  For now i have my cameraman two PHDs ( One a Biologist and the other a Paleologist) my original guide(without his dog), myself and a crazy friend.  So if anything happens again you wont have to believe me that the footage is real i will have two reputable scientist's to back me up.

613180[/snapback]

So what if someone with more tracking experience offered their services??

Hey, Toddster! Welcome to the forum. I loved reading the info on your site, very mystical. Good luck and keep up the good work. thumbsup.gif

Well first i would like to say to that calico Angry profane guy, the very large angry growling creature behind the trees was the first one to run off not us. And we really did not expect to come across anything so when something did really happen we where shocked. I am sure you would have run in and kicked the enormus angyy dark figure right in the nuts, put him in a full nelson and dragged his ass all the way back to civilization with your bare hands (cause your a real man). But just so you know the rest of us regular people tend to be intimidated in similar situations.

Xsas if i found someone else with great tracking experience that would like to participate on my expedition i would of course be more then happy to consider them.

And to everone else that is enjoying the website and wishing me well, i say to you thank you very much for your support. If nothing else interesting every happens around sylvanic at least i hope people enjoyed the chronicles.

me 3

Well first i would like to say to that calico Angry profane guy, the very large angry growling creature behind the trees was the first one to run off not us.  And we really did not expect to come across anything so when something did really happen we where shocked.  I am sure you would have run in and kicked the enormus angyy dark figure right in the nuts, put him in a full nelson and dragged his ass all the way back to civilization with your bare hands (cause your a real man).  But just so you know the rest of us regular people tend to be intimidated in similar situations.

Xsas if i found someone else with great tracking experience that would like to participate on my expedition i would of course be more then happy to consider them.

And to everone else that is enjoying the website and wishing me well, i say to you thank you very much for your support.  If nothing  else interesting every happens around sylvanic at least i hope people enjoyed the chronicles.

617008[/snapback]

Good luck and next maybe we should talk through the possibilities of adding another member to your team.

I need a link to the site because I cannot use the HTML bar on my internet browser and the URL you gave doesn't exist on MSN so please post a direct link to your website's home page.

Once I can actually see your website I will give you my proper opinion on this topic. Anyways fom other peoples posts it sounds very convincing. I wish you well with your next trip grin2.gif

Edited by DaRkSiDe

Okay the higher resolution footage will be on my website by sunday. The Television network that enhanced my video has not yet got back to me with a price. So when they send me the bill i will either pay it or not. Anyone that wants to do some work on the video enhancement themselfs has my permision.

XSAS email me through the website if you or someone you know can contrubute some expertise to my trip.

To the person who cannot find my website i dont know how to create a link but the website address is www.sylvanic.com and everything is there.

On saturday i will have a new chronical to post here on unexplained mysteries and it is an amazing story.

Intresting website. Maybe you should go back in the summer when there is less or no snow. I couldn't really make out anythuing from the video as it was too pixelated for me to comprehend. When the new footage is up I shall give you a better opinion.

Edited by DaRkSiDe

Hey, I am a film student studying in Wales, but I have broadband (haha, theres a shock!) and an edit system based on premiere pro. Either way, I am quite intersted in trying to clean up your film when you've loaded to your site, if you wish me to. I'm not sure ywhat you're found there, but its worth tkaing a bit of time to investigate i thinkI can screw around with the grading of the picture, eliminate some of the nasty sound his, put it through some filters, deinterlace the image and generally try to make it as clear as possible. I can also output the film frame by frame into high res photoshop files, in a film strip, for further looking at. Lots of filesize, though, i do warn. As long as the video is a reasonable size (able to download at 200KB/sec), and no more than a few hundered megs, i would be really intersted in fixing it.

Good luck with your next expedition, and make sure noone gets hurt, including old' biggie,

Chinnyboo

chinnyboo my friend, by all means please do your best to make those enhansments. A couple other people are going to work on it as well and just so you know i would be happy to email you a copy of the video if you would like or if you can just download the new video that will be on the website Sunday. I will post all the enhancments on the website as soon as they are done. You can reach me through the contact section of sylvanic.com or just email me at sylvanic_com@hotmail.com and mark your email video editor. I have received an email from a sound expert and he had some very encouraging facts to tell me about the audio bite he analyzed from the video.

chinnyboo my friend, by all means please do your best to make those enhansments.  A couple other people are going to work on it as well and just so you know i would be happy to email you a copy of the video if you would like or if you can just download the new video that will be on the website Sunday.  I will post all the enhancments on the website as soon as they are done.  You can reach me through the contact section of sylvanic.com or just email me at sylvanic_com@hotmail.com and mark your email video editor.  I have received an email from a sound expert and he had some very encouraging facts to tell me about the audio bite he analyzed from the video.

621116[/snapback]

Sound good. I will check back in due course. In the meantime, my e-mail is chinnyboo@hotmail.com (i dont care posting, its spammed to sh** as it is). If you get a spare moment, send it across, and i'll see what I can do. Otherwise I'll pick it up when its posted. The higher the res, the better,

Chinnyboo

Very interesting website and all that.

When i got the video, it just kept the one still, but i had audio.

The guardian shadow thing seems very far fetched to me, but what the hey... what do i know!

I can't help of thinking of Sylvanian Families reading your site.. watch out for little furry bear things, oh .. and don't eat yellow snow.

Where exactly is this place.. in the Rockies?

cerberus

"I can't help of thinking of Sylvanian Families reading your site.. watch out for little furry bear things, oh .. and don't eat yellow snow."

"Where exactly is this place.. in the Rockies?"

What is a Sylvanian Family. And what do you mean watch out for little furry bear things. Remember I am documenting information about sylvanic so if you know something i dont please do illuminate me.

And Sylvanic is in the North American Rocky Mountains.