Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Modern Day Lost World

toddster

so im guessing this is in British Columbia?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• toddster

• Commander CMG

• Conspiracy

• Raptor

Hi Toddster..

I don't know if you had them in the US.. i think probably not. When i used to go into a local toy shop years ago to buy Subbuteo, i also saw a toy series called 'Sylvanian Families'.. whch is still going today.

This was basically a community of little toy Bears who had fantasy adventures.

What was interesting, but probably unrelated was that some of the photos are looking similar to the kind of photos i saw of Sylvanic. Not suggesting a link here, but just a coincidence.

Site is here.

user posted image

See here.. Sylvanian Families

I have no idea where they get the 'Sylvanian' name from, it's just very close to the spelling of 'Sylvanic' which made me think of it.

I know nothing about the Sylvanic region in the Rockies unfortunately, although i would love to know more.

Okay the higher resolution footage will be on my website by sunday.  The Television network that enhanced my video has not yet got back to me with a price.  So when they send me the bill i will either pay it or not.  Anyone that wants to do some work on the video enhancement themselfs has my permision. 

XSAS email me through the website if you or someone you know can contrubute some expertise to my trip.

To the person who cannot find my website i dont know how to create a link but the website address is www.sylvanic.com and everything is there.

On saturday i will have a new chronical to post here on unexplained mysteries and it is an amazing story.

619221[/snapback]

Send me a PM.. I will contact you.

it is up. The full size of the video file is 38MB which is only six time the resolution of the last one but have a look at the video again. The quility of it will not get any better then that, 38MB is the original. There are officially dozens of profesionals analyzing the video so as soon as i get anything i will post it.

XSAS i would send you a PM if i new what it was. If you wish to contact me simply do it through the website or email at sylvanic_com@hotmail.

I have just looked at the video.. thats the same one as last time.. It is different, but am i watching the right video, because i didnt see much of anything, other than trees and snow.

At the end the video, the frame freezes for about 10 seconds but you dont see anything to match the excited commentary.

What exactly am i looking out for?

Hey freaky video but i might be looking at the wrong thing because the more i watch it the more i think that figure is just more branches. Im looking at the part where the snow fell off it really looks to me like theres just branches there , hope im wrong cause this is interesting .

I have to say that I didnt see anything in the low quality version,but after I watched the new one I got to admit,there is something.When the snow falls of the branches the first time you can see something moving behind the trees,its just for a second though.

I have one question toddster:

If you believe in the legends,then why did you run away?Cause as far as the legends go you are safe as long as you dont harm any animals.

Or did I miss something?

Amon, Where did you see the video? I went to the site and clicked the link to the video, but its only 31 seconds long and stops just after the growling starts...

Go to the site and then on the left you see different topics,the last one is sylvanic 1964 chronicles,click it,and then scroll down to the end of the text.The last word is "shocking",right mouse click,save target as and thats it.

But they should have given it another name then the one before,and like toddster said its 35 mb big.

Thanks for the reply thumbsup.gif

I watched it and I had the same problem, is it just me or does the video cut off before anything interesting can even be seen?

EDIT: Excuse my post, didnt realise I had to actually download it to get the full thing tongue.gif

Edited by T-Nemesis

Okay, watched the video again, and I have to say, although clearer, i'll tell you what it seems to me like (and believe me, Toddster, I don't want this to be the case). It seems like perhaps the growling was added aftweards, after the snow falling happened, and someone thought it was kinda weird. The creature that seems to be in the place of the area where the snow has fallen could be a bunch of branches. This really all depends on what can be pulled out from enhancement. Hopefully, someone with releavant sound knowledge can run some tests and find out whether the grolwing is consistent with the ambience, other sound, etc. Also, when I have some time, I shall filter the image and try to get some good shots of the 'figure'. At this point I dont' know what to think, I just hope that if the vid isnt' what its said to be, we'll know soon.

Thanks toddster for uploading the high res footage, and sorry I don't mean to sound harsh with my words. But we've been burnt here too many times before, and this is quite a promising video, I wish you luck with your next expedition, and hope you get some better footage of the 'beast'.

BTW, real or not I had to turn the growls down after repeat viewing, got my hifi conencted to my puter' and it made me think the damned thing was behing me, lol!

just some thoughts,

Chinnyboo

that growling noise sounds familiar to some of the growling noises on the audio recordings in the audio section on this site

I'm thinking bears here. As in you disturbed a female with cubs.

That fits in with the idea of a large creature standing its ground and smaller creatures running off. cool.gif

But sorry that growling just isn't authentic!

Edited by Wedge

The real problem with Bigfoot and all the other missing link creatures is the fossil record.

They just simply aren't present in it- homo sapiens is the only member of the line to survive.

Soz for being a sceptic.

I still say "Bears/hoax"

guys maybe ur judging it wrong, we dont know what it is yet, we might as well wait for them to go again in summer

guys maybe ur judging it wrong, we dont know what it is yet, we might as well wait for them to go again in summer

624492[/snapback]

All well and good, I still say bears. Don't come running to me when it rips your legs off!

Hey all thanks for all your comments. I think the video thing has gotten way out of hand though. I was reluctent to even release it to the public cause i know it is very unrevealing. And i never would have if i had not found the hair samples. I worked very hard on the storys and documentations that are playing second fidle to the video and i think they are far more intreging. The botinist that took pictures of what she thinks is a new species of plant is going back to sylvanic in about 4 weeks( Before me and my group) so we will she what she comes back with. And my trip is shedualled for August 3-11th.

I will bring back more hairs samples for sure and i will be giving them to major universitys for DNA analisis. I will let those results speak for themselves.

As far a what we catch on camera who knows. But the we have over a week there and we have all agreed to go over every inche of sylanic. If there is something out there i think we will find it.

Well first i would like to say to that calico Angry profane guy, the very large angry growling creature behind the trees was the first one to run off not us.  And we really did not expect to come across anything so when something did really happen we where shocked.  I am sure you would have run in and kicked the enormus angyy dark figure right in the nuts, put him in a full nelson and dragged his ass all the way back to civilization with your bare hands (cause your a real man).  But just so you know the rest of us regular people tend to be intimidated in similar situations.

Xsas if i found someone else with great tracking experience that would like to participate on my expedition i would of course be more then happy to consider them.

And to everone else that is enjoying the website and wishing me well, i say to you thank you very much for your support.  If nothing  else interesting every happens around sylvanic at least i hope people enjoyed the chronicles.

617008[/snapback]

I am the best tracker in Ireland. PM me for details.

Cheers!

greedy people, they should do it for free cuz it is for the fact of discovery

610180[/snapback]

Hell yeah

Watched the Video again today. Sorry that growling is just big time fake.

I showed one of my mates who had no prior knowledge of this and he started laughing at the growling.

I'm not covinced.

Watched the Video again today. Sorry that growling is just big time fake.

I showed one of my mates who had no prior knowledge of this and he started laughing at the growling.

I'm not covinced.

628683[/snapback]

And what exactly does your friend know about animals?