Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Modern Day Lost World

toddster

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• toddster

• Commander CMG

• Conspiracy

• Raptor

Toddster may I wish you all the best for your "Modern Media" course and hope the project you are clearly undertaking go's well.

Toddster - cool concept, and a good website. It'll make a good indie film some day, if you get some funding. Best of luck.

Welcome to UM madaxe.

Hey i have been away for the weekend to meet up with a crazy old ukranian guy that says he knows what is up in sylvanic. He claims there is a old Native medicine man that lives up there. I showed him the video and he did not know what to make of it but he thinks that medicine man keeps the rumors of the shadows of the mountains alive to keep people away. Appreantly this ukranian guy trades with this native a couple times a year. So i am going to see if i can meet up with this medicine man and see what he has to say.

This old ukranian guy says there are no shadows of the mountain, the storys and legends of sylvanic are just fairy tales. He has lived in and around that area for over 50 years and he has never seen anything out of the ordinary. But he stays out of sylvanic cause that medicine man gets crazy when he drinks.

I will come back tommorw to answer a couple of the ?s you all have been asking.

I am also new to UM, I have spent several fascinating hours pouring over different topics that piqued my interest.

todd, I do hope that what you have is real, it is always nice to think there are undiscovered things waiting for us, good luck on your next exhibition.

Edited by TatteredSoul

Hey i have been away for the weekend to meet up with a crazy old ukranian guy that says he knows what is up in sylvanic.  He claims there is a old Native medicine man that lives up there.  I showed him the video and he did not know what to make of it but he thinks that medicine man keeps the rumors of the shadows of the mountains alive to keep people away.  Appreantly this ukranian guy trades with this native a couple times a year.  So i am going to see if i can meet up with this medicine man and see what he has to say.

This old ukranian guy says there are no shadows of the mountain, the storys and legends of sylvanic are just fairy tales.  He has lived in and around that area for over 50 years and he has never seen anything out of the ordinary.  But he stays out of sylvanic cause that medicine man gets crazy when he drinks.

659984[/snapback]

So, if i've got this straight, the whole Sylvanic thing was invented, according to this Ukrainian dude, to keep people out of this 'medicine man's own private domain? if that was so, wouldn't it be more effective just to make up some tales about some particular creature or something, just to scare off the more gullible? Why invent a whole 'lost world'? Surely that would be calculated to attract people's attention? To, shall we say, think about launching an expedition to investigate it? (As this thread seems to have proved.)

Hey i have been away for the weekend to meet up with a crazy old ukranian guy that says he knows what is up in sylvanic.  He claims there is a old Native medicine man that lives up there.  I showed him the video and he did not know what to make of it but he thinks that medicine man keeps the rumors of the shadows of the mountains alive to keep people away.  Appreantly this ukranian guy trades with this native a couple times a year.  So i am going to see if i can meet up with this medicine man and see what he has to say.

This old ukranian guy says there are no shadows of the mountain, the storys and legends of sylvanic are just fairy tales.  He has lived in and around that area for over 50 years and he has never seen anything out of the ordinary.  But he stays out of sylvanic cause that medicine man gets crazy when he drinks.

659984[/snapback]

I see your back here is a question you overlooked why have you posted the exact opening post at this site and at bff.com. since both sites couldnt have sent 6000 emails and all the other statistical info you claimed.

hi im new xsas are you going on this expediton

659660[/snapback]

Welcome to UM jasibaby... No I am not going on this expediition, in fact I think there is more proof of the Cottingley fairys than the story this guy is telling us.

That's Chupacabra droppings. I'd recognise them anywhere.

Edited by 747400

Somethings starting to smell funny now.

660675[/snapback]

Considering this new information last night I remembered something I saw on TV about this.

These kids and their dog were driving through Montana in a van. It broke down and they went to town for help. They came across a wise old Native-American who told them to keep away from the mountains because there was a monster. They didn't listen because there was a mystery to solve now and that is the kind of thing they did. Anyway, they were in the mountains and got eaten by a bear. The End. They made a documentary called Scooby Doo after this happened.

Please disregard this. I just had my coffee. Also, Toddster, answering direct questions is way to have people believe you. Don't disregard this.

nothing wrong with them cottingley fairys i tell you many of time ive gone on expedition to try and find them xsas LoL grin2.gif

Well...what can I say after years of seeing "inconclusive video evidence"...here is another one!

No doubt we will see more "evidence" later this year, no doubt this will also be "inconclusive".

I really don't mean to negative but...It does get a bit boring/frustrating at times.

What do I think of this one in particular...not a lot!

You've really set yourself up for a bit of critisim here Toddster, we are not fooled easily.

I am interested to see the results of your next "expedition" (take a GPS with you).

I guess this is the "carrot on the stick".

Your site will not make it onto my favorites though my friend!

HARD EVIDENCE PLEASE!

It was all a bit "blair witch" for me!

NEXT!

CON sleepy.gif

Their is just 1 red flag, Thats in my face about all of this. Here you wrote .....

The reason i say i really dont know where it is ,is because a profesional guide took us there in the winter and how he got us there was nothing short of a miricle. 

But on your website .....

http://www.sylvanic.com/expedition.htm

We had a map a friend of mine had drawn up to guide us to the small entrance way.

The map was very accurate and our guide had no trouble finding the entranceway

What story do you want us to believe ?

Where is this map you talk about ?

Maybe the monster got his tongue...or, rather, his fingers I guess.

I'll reserve judgement on this scooby dooish story until he chooses to defend himself. He has some serious 'splainin' to do. Hoaxers do us no justice.

Insert witty name here.

All those qwotes of yours are absolutely accurate. The Map that Jon drew up was very accurate and the guide that took us there found the entrance way without missing a step. But it just blew all of us away, including the guide that the entrance was where the map said it was because you cannnot see the openning under the mountain until you are 2 feet from it. Especially in the winter. I guess in my manner of thinking, it was just miraculus that we could travel all that way into the depths of the woods and mountains, North then west, then south, then east.... up and down and across and over all the while knowing if we make one wrong turn out of the hundred turns, we will never find what we where looking for. And when we found it so well because of the accurate map and the guides ability to use it to find a 4 foot by 2 foot entranceway in, after all that crap seemed to me like a miraculus thing. Perhaps to be more specific i should say it blew me away that we where even able to find the entranceway at all, the miricle part was it seemed so easy to find the needle in the hay stack.

And the map well it is mine. I have it right here infront of me right now.

Insert witty name here.

All those qwotes of yours are absolutely accurate.  The Map that Jon drew up was very accurate and the guide that took us there found the entrance way without missing a step.  But it just blew all of us away, including the guide that the entrance was where the map said it was because you cannnot see the openning under the mountain until you are 2 feet from it.  Especially in the winter.  I guess in my manner of thinking, it was just miraculus that we could travel all that way into the depths of the woods and mountains, North then west, then south, then east.... up and down and across and over all the while knowing if we make one wrong turn out of the hundred turns, we will never find what we where looking for.  And when we found it so well because of the accurate map and the guides ability to use it to find a 4 foot by 2 foot entranceway in, after all that crap seemed to me like a miraculus thing.  Perhaps to be more specific i should say it blew me away that we where even able to find the entranceway at all, the miricle part was it seemed so easy to find the needle in the hay stack. 

And the map well it is mine.  I have it right here infront of me right now.

666142[/snapback]

I was commenting more on the issue of there being (by now) a very old man keeping those darn kids from meddlin' in his affairs. This harkens back to every single episode of Scooby Doo.

A person named Indeed raised an eyebrow at what appears to be map inconsistencies.

I have map issues, but mine stem from the fact that I was able to aquire satellite images of the entire Rocky Mountain system in less than 30 minutes (not including download time, and they are not free). You said, I thought, that the area was uncharted. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Again, just curious. I want to believe this but I see holes.

The Wanderer returns....

Ok...can you take a pic of the map and post it please..no convenient excuses please!

CON

Insert witty name here.

All those qwotes of yours are absolutely accurate.  The Map that Jon drew up was very accurate and the guide that took us there found the entrance way without missing a step.  But it just blew all of us away, including the guide that the entrance was where the map said it was because you cannnot see the openning under the mountain until you are 2 feet from it.  Especially in the winter.  I guess in my manner of thinking, it was just miraculus that we could travel all that way into the depths of the woods and mountains, North then west, then south, then east.... up and down and across and over all the while knowing if we make one wrong turn out of the hundred turns, we will never find what we where looking for.  And when we found it so well because of the accurate map and the guides ability to use it to find a 4 foot by 2 foot entranceway in, after all that crap seemed to me like a miraculus thing.  Perhaps to be more specific i should say it blew me away that we where even able to find the entranceway at all, the miricle part was it seemed so easy to find the needle in the hay stack.

666142[/snapback]

Why are you avoiding answering any questions and do you actually believe anyone is falling for this "Valley of the Gwangi" story... Just prove to me this place exists, I agree with council of nine, scan the map and post it and start with this question you overlooked why have you posted the exact opening post at this site and at bff.com. since both sites couldnt have sent 6000 emails and all the other statistical info you claimed.

Also read through the board and stop avoiding questions.

Edited by XSAS

Insert witty name here.

666142[/snapback]

it was just miraculus that we could travel all that way into the depths of the woods and mountains, North then west, then south, then east.

so north

then west

then south

then east

like doh

so that takes you back to the start again

if you want to hoax something guys it does help to have a modicum of intelligence in the hoaxers or a lack of it in the people you're hoaxing

i think i've seen both in this thread so far.

its all b.s.

Insert witty name here.

666142[/snapback]

it was just miraculus that we could travel all that way into the depths of the woods and mountains, North then west, then south, then east.

so north

then west

then south

then east

like doh

if you want to hoax something guys it does help to have a modicum of intelligence in the hoaxers or a lack of it in the people you're hoaxing

its all b.s.

668660[/snapback]

Not saying I believe him....but you can travel N, then W, then S, then E and end up in a new place when your dealing with mountains you know. It is simply a matter of how far you travel in each direction. If you travel the same distance each way, then yes, back to the start you go. But if you travel North for 3 miles, then west for 8 miles, then south for 5, and finally east for 4, You WILL be in a different place than you started... And add to that a mountain range, and I guarantee you, you will be confused as to your location (in mind). And, in some instances with mountain ranges, in order to go South, you must first go North and then West...

A second note, Uncharted unsually means today that Man has not ventured there in person more than a few random people. Anyone can take a picture from a distance, yes. But if no one has been there, minus a few tragglers, then yeah it's uncharted to the human eye.

But I DO agree that the story seems a little "hazy" to say the least. I'll wait until he goes back there again and gets us some pictures of actual "wierd" stuff. thumbsup.gif

Insert witty name here.

666142[/snapback]

so north

then west

then south

then east

like doh

its all b.s.

668660[/snapback]

Not saying I believe him....but you can travel N, then W, then S, then E and end up in a new place when your dealing with mountains you know. It is simply a matter of how far you travel in each direction. If you travel the same distance each way, then yes, back to the start you go. But if you travel North for 3 miles, then west for 8 miles, then south for 5, and finally east for 4, You WILL be in a different place than you started... And add to that a mountain range, and I guarantee you, you will be confused as to your location (in mind). And, in some instances with mountain ranges, in order to go South, you must first go North and then West...

A second note, Uncharted unsually means today that Man has not ventured there in person more than a few random people. Anyone can take a picture from a distance, yes. But if no one has been there, minus a few tragglers, then yeah it's uncharted to the human eye.

But I DO agree that the story seems a little "hazy" to say the least. I'll wait until he goes back there again and gets us some pictures of actual "wierd" stuff. thumbsup.gif

668859[/snapback]

He has been back, he was logged on so maybe he is scanning the map and getting the replies ready???