Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
UM-Bot

1000-year-old Coffin Opened On Chinese TV

UM-Bot

Chinese archeologists opened a 1000-year-old coffin live on national television today, revealing what was believed to be the body of an ancient tribal nobleman. Titled "the mystery of the 1000-year-old coffin," the event was shown on the main state television noon news from a research centre in the northern region of Inner Mongolia.

Archeologists and police guards in rubber gloves and face masks first lifted off a cover of an outer sarcophagus.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Herald Sun

Halo_Jones

Wow intresting story thanks Saruman. original.gif

schadeaux

I recall either seeing a movie or reading a book (sci-fi or fantacy, not factual) about archeologists opening the tomb of some ancient ruler (King Tut comes to mind) and releasing a long dormant disease (or germ warfare agent) that killed lots of people in disgusting ways.

Is a situation like that ever considered when opening tombs like this? Don't know who the dead dude is (maybe an idea or a hope, nothing more), or what he died from. They don't say when this particular coffin was first found. Mayhap is was found about the time SARS was first getting in the news?

Just a thought...

Homer

Interesting story SaRuMaN original.gif

I always have mixed feelings about things like this. History fascinates me, and it’s nice to learn something new; but it’s also sad that history is desecrated so much. I’m not implying this in particular is desecrating history, but it happens so frequently