Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Korea shutting down the US electronically?

morticia1197

I went to visit my father last night. He is an eccentric man by most people's opinion that know him. But there are times when his eccentricity makes me think about what he is saying. He asked if we (my husband and I), own a firearm, like a rifle or shotgun. I asked why? He said he had heard on the news or some other informational program, that if Korea decides to attack the US, that they will do so by disarming all electronic capabilties. And of course that will put this country in a total tailspin and panic. I am wondering if anyone has heard any info on this or has any comments they would like to add? I myself haven't heard of any such news. But thought is was an interesting point to ponder? What if, and how would you deal with it and survive?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• morticia1197

• Maekrix

• bob23

• mrmonsoon

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that Korea would be able or should be able to get into American Airspace to detonate an EMP, I'm guessing that's what they would use, before they were located and/or taken down gunsmilie.gif

I am rather skeptical on this too, but you have to wonder. Ask how many Americans thought that September 11, 2001 would have happened before it did. Most would tell you that it was a crazy idea. I don't mean we should be paranoid and go crazy at every turn, but to look at all threats or possible threats as possiblities. I'm not sure where this info came from that my dad heard. So, I'm not sure that it is even founded. Could have been a theory that someone came up with.

I wouldn't be too worried. I doubt that Korea has the capability of shutting down the entire United States all at once- that'd take a gigantic effort, seeing the size of the mainland. Plus.. If I need it, I've got a sword and a really big stick w00t.gif

i would not worry bout it the air force would take em down if they enter the US's airspcae.

Maekrix i found a big stick in my backyard i'm ready to fight

!

He has probably heard that N Korea has both nuclear weapons and a 3 stage rocket that can reach the US. An air burst of a nuclear bomb will destroy all "non hardened" electronics. What that means is everything in it's EMP range will stop working-cars, electricity, gas and water pumped by electricity. Trucks/trains and planes that bring our food to stores. Computers of all types.

Right now N Korea is going to test a nuclear device-or at least acting like they are going to. It could lead very quickly up to war and there is a chance they might be able to get something over here.

Probably just a "scare tactic". Better be, I'll be danged if I go on another Y2K shopping spree. Yeesh. I'm still trying to use up all that soup and toilet paper. rolleyes.gif

I'm not worried about this right now. I haven't seen or heard conclusive evidence that anything is going to happen. But we didn't have that evidence either with 9/11

It just happened. I think that if it does happen, people better be resourceful and and learn a whole new way to live to get by. Better listen to your elders of the second world war. Move to the rural areas near farmers and people that don't live dependent on electronics. My dad was asking about firearms to protect us against any loonies that will come out as a result of all this. We do live in a relatively rural area with farms both agricultural and livestock. It never hurts to be prepared to live without the extras we are all used to. I guess learning how to milk a cow, grow a vegetable garden, canning food, dressing out deer, cleaning chickens, and fish, sewing by hand, and making soap by hand will come in handy. w00t.gif Never thought I would say that LOL. I hated doing that as a kid. Was picked on for being a hick or hillbilly. Guess if these things are neccesary again, those that picked will probably being seeking out those of us that were known as "hillbillies" LOL wink2.gif