Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Organ Donation

Wings of Selkhet

Do you plan to donate your organs?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to donate your organs?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I don't know.

I watched a 20/20 news special a few years back on organ donation and the severe need for organs here in the U.S....they paid people $25 at the DMV to check the "organ donation" box on their driver's license, and people were suddenly more willing to donate their organs...without the $25, people would simply say 'no' to donating their organs.

I personally find it incredibly immoral to refuse to donate your organs...I think it's simply another example of how selfish and self-centered humans can truly be. When people tell me they don't want to donate their organs, I have to try hard not to scream at them. I think it's sick. I don't know why I have such a strong stance on this issue...

Anyway, a lot of people seem to have religious reasons for not donating their organs. I still don't quite understand the validity of these. Does anyone here have any insight to offer into the religious aspects of organ donation?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BurnSide

• TooFarGone

• Jodie.Lynne

• Wings of Selkhet

Ahh! I voted wrong. sad.gif I AM planning to donate. I thought the question was the same as the title: "Any religious concerns about donating?".

So anyway, the 'No' is supposed to be a yes. Stupid...stupid...stupid... no.gif

I'll change your vote for you JennRose. original.gif

I'll change your vote for you JennRose. original.gif

616514[/snapback]

Thanks, Burns. This is a really important issue to me, so I felt like such a rube. blush.gif

Good topic, Selkhet! grin2.gif

please change mine to a 'yes' as well. I neglected to find the actual title of the poll.

I am, and have been, an organ donor for years. Not to say I've donated my organs, but I figure if I'm dead, I really won't need my gizzards anymore.

Well I voted No and ment it. I don't plan on donating them... I can't.... heh nothing religious, it's all medical.

Changed yours to JMPD1. original.gif

Burnside's such a sweety... I could just eat him up! >D

Thank ye burnside.

And I thought the cannibalism thread was in the bizarre news section......

The zombie outbreak?

It was a joke, i loved it to the jokes section. original.gif

If i'm deceased...... other than that I don't want to have an operation......... it's not selfish people just worry about what will happen later...... what if they have a failed kidney or something... they're gonna need the other one, lol tongue.gif

well... i am not an organ or blood donor. it has nothing to do with any religions. I do not welcome the opening of the body via butchery, either to give or receive. We make ourselves into contianers of replacable parts, more like organic machines. If the body can not heal itself, then you die. Sounds like a hard stance, but i live by and will die by it.

One reason why I say No....

Lets say I get in a bad wreck, and I have no pulse. The doctors may be more interested in my organs than my life. (more organs, more money) I don't want them to start taking my organs out untill they know damn good and well that I'm dead, and that I can't be revived.

Does this have anything to do with my religion? No.

Quite the misleading question................

As for weither I have any religious problems with it...no.

As for myself donating.............I dont know.

Burnside, will you be extremly kind and change my vote to I dont know....and better yet...........change the thread name, so it actually reflects the question asked?

laugh.gif I think that's a good idea. Seems to be alot of confusion about.

Vote changed. original.gif

Why thank you......and your avatar inspired my current one.........I never realized where yours was from untill I read it in the avatar thread.

And a nice avatar it is. grin2.gif

Shh...we should keep this as a secret.

And due to the people in my avatar, and the guy in yours............does it make us enemies???

tongue.gif

Yes. But for now, we'll be going back on topic.

My organs are my own. You donate organs to save lifes, while the hospitals are making a very pretty penny off your flesh.

They can have anything they want; I won't be using it. I have legal documents stating my wishes as well, and my wife knows.

I can't see why anyone would not want to donate; imagine the comfort that your family and friends could get from knowing that you donated a part of yourself to help others, and in a small way were still a part of this world...added to the fact that it is all going to rot anyway, and no one is going to see it ever again, it seems like such a waste to not do so...

I for one plan on donating my organs.

I don't know if it's just a U.S thing, but in Australia there are very strict laws about organ donations, which make it very much less profitable than in America, so I have no worries about them cutting me up while i'm still alive.

Organ donation is not based on how much money one has, rather on the need of the patient.

But then again, maybe that's just my perception of the AMerican/ Australian medical system. If anyone knows for sure can they confirm or deny this?

Until next time,

P.S - if anyone ever watches the section "Live Organ Transplants" in Monty Python's Meaning of Life, you might change you mind on organ donation grin2.gif

I voted for on this, because I'm not going to need my organs when I am dead. thumbsup.gif

Yep, i gonna to donate, because i dont see the necesity of keeping your organs after you died when someone else need more to live. We are biologic machines in a sense. When you died, its out, and your body start to rot. Use them for a better porpuse.

PS: Anyway, after the extract anything the need, i plan to have my body cremated. There isnt any need to keep my roting remains in the soil.

Yes because I won't need them and if someone else can benefit from my organs . Sure why not. I think it is great. I would love to do this. I would donate one of my kidneys now if someone i loved needed it. So I mean it is all about the person I guess.... tongue.gif